NewCelica.org Forum banner

One more for Melbourne...

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Sharmz 
#1 ·
Hey all,

long time no see.... just got back from overseas and landed in Melbourne and here to stay.
Yup...still got my car, new engine is holding up well. So who's in Melbourne? Maybe its time to go for a little welcome cruise :)

ps. Drove the 200x (s15)....shame about the handling but they flyyyyy my jaw dropped...yes it was a little modded.

#3 ·
Right on super! By the end of next week I'm hoping to output over 130kw@wheels! Wish me luck.
BTW my intake manifold is currently being HP Ceramic coated, I'll then be installing my hondata Heatshield in place of the gasket. I wanted to port it but it is TOTALLY maxed out from factory. Absolutely no room for improvement as it's already matched with the head. There is room to port the head runners though!
Thursday I'm getting a custom midpipe made up. 2.5 inch with mandrel bend and a hi flow 2.5 inch cat. Monday is the big one! I'm having my fidanza FW, TRD LSD and Exedy 3 puck race clutch installed by Toyota... and maybe all new syncros!

#4 ·
Dont get me wrong the I push my celi to the limit everyday... i love my car. I have a custom made airbox which draws air from the bottom of the car into a K&N air filter....makes a difference. Also when i had my exhaust you could really hear the air whistling through the car....at that time i was side by side with a wrx (rolling start) and i can only imagine what the Apexi FC would do :)

but this 200sx is something else.... its like when i had my fireblade (bike)....it really moves, its almost scary fast.

#5 ·
switch1 said:
but this 200sx is something else.... its like when i had my fireblade (bike)....it really moves, its almost scary fast.
i'm with switch, the celica is a nice car, and for such a small engine it outputs big kws. but drive a 200sx a wrx a skyline there's no match, when you can hit max kws at such low revs. and double the torque at half the revs. makes a big difference. the cel is a top car in its category no doubt about it.
my next move is the 350z convertible. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.