NewCelica.org Forum banner

Goodbye Celica

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  o0o0oitzsuzi 
#1 ·
Well after 6 years, and nearly 1 month of owning this amazing car, I went out and leased a new Club Spec 9 WRX. Yes its a completely different car and I am still getting used to it. I will miss the celica. It took me a 6 months to find a new car I would be happy with.

So its now up for sale. My add is up at http://www.enspiredsolutions.com/car.html.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Cheers
Dave

#2 ·
Sad to hear about your departure, but hopefully you'll enjoy your new journey ahead!

All the best.

#3 ·
VVTL-i Powered 1 said:
Sad to hear about your departure, but hopefully you'll enjoy your new journey ahead!

All the best.
:werd:

#4 · (Edited)
Joey03_VVT-I said:
Joey how do you find it weird?

It's a reality... there's been a few departures from the Celica scene over the last few years as this generation gains its age. I wouldn't like to say our chassis is past its prime but we do lose quite a few members to the DC5 RSX crowd from time to time :sadwave: But I'm just as happy to see Celica being a worthy stepping stone for those moving on.

Personally I'd stick with my Celica till it breaks :thumbup:

So let's all wish 00BlueSX the best for his journey ahead :wave:

#5 ·
VVTL-i Powered 1 said:
Joey how do you find it weird?

It's a reality... there's been a few departures from the Celica scene over the last few years as this generation gains its age. I wouldn't like to say our chassis is past its prime but we do lose quite a few members to the DC5 RSX crowd from time to time :sadwave: But I'm just as happy to see Celica being a worthy stepping stone for those moving on.

Personally I'd stick with my Celica till it breaks :thumbup:

So let's all wish 00BlueSX the best for his journey ahead :wave:
Man, that sign says werd, not weird.

#6 ·
#9 ·
Hey I remember seeing a celica prototype at the sydney motorshow. Dont know what happened to it.

Well a few reasons why I bought a new car.

1. Sell celica, use some cash for deposit on another house.
2. I wanted a more practical car - ie AWD Sedan
3. Resale value is dropping heaps.

I loved the celica. When I got the WRX CS9 I wasnt 100% happy. Its such a different ride. I was so used to the celica. But now after driving the WRX for a month there is no going back. I love it. It tears up the road like no tomorrow. Its quiet (no loud exhaust) and handles well. The celica handles a little better but not in the wet.

I took the WRX out onto a dirt road and it handles like its on rails - well not quite but damn its fun. The celica now feels like a brick on rails. The WRX is like a young pup ready to run around.

Leasing is the way to go if you're finances allow it. Especially now with the petrol prices - but dont get a lease if cant do over 25k km a year. I can put any mod on it I like and get it serviced anywhere - I think I will get Neal Bates in Canberra to service it. They looked after me so well with the celica. I highly recommend the guys.

Not sure I will modify the car. If I do, I will pay MRT Sydney $3900 to get exhaust, ecutek and airfilter. That upgrade alone gives me 40% more torque and 35kw gain at the wheels. CRAZY!

Anyway some photos of my new ride are up at www.enspiredsolutions.com/wrx.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I'll still check this forum but i'm now living at www.rexnet.com.au.

Oh so many people ask "why did you get a wrx when everyone has them?". My response "everyone has them because they are damn good cars". :)

Cheers
DJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.