NewCelica.org Forum banner

MY 01' GT vs a Fox Body Mustang

7K views 90 replies 17 participants last post by  Littleguy 
#1 ·
i would approximate that it was an 1/8mi run. i wasnt sure if it was a GT or just a v6, but it did sound like poopoo. like wet diarrhea.

so i was stopped at a light waiting to cross so i could go home. i could see a car rolling up next to from my side view. he was slowing down then the light turned green. i just normally accelerated from a stop and shifting into 2nd at 10mph, but i could see the mustang wasnt turning right and i could hear him shift into 2nd.

One pet peeve i have at the blanding/collins light is people using the "turn right" lane to pass. Well as soon as i saw him using the "turn right" lane as a passing lane, immediately downshifted into 1st and gunned it. he was about half a car ahead of me before i downshifted, but as soon as i gunned it, i could hear him downshift as well. shifted into second with a nice tire chirp :D

he couldnt pass me and i had him at the end of 2nd. so i just took my foot off the gas, shifted to 5th, and coasted back down to 45mph. he had the nerve to ride my ass with HID's in his reflectors -___-.

thread sucks, but i'm glad i actually ran with a foxbody :gap:

See less See more
#48 ·
I alwas hated foxbodies. My ex's new boyfriend drives one, he was bragging about how he runs 10s and it's a monster and blah blah blah, so my pal devin lines up with him, his mildly built 5.0 launches hard, and screams up to about 95mph... Dumbass has the worst gearing iv ever seen

#53 ·
^ careful. his name is I am Anonymous. he is a hax0r. :laugh:

i'm doing a run with this kid in a Lancer GTS with an evo wing. i asked him to run me but he says,"his clutch is burned up."

i didnt believe him, so i just said,"just hit me up later then, you know where i live."

will shoot a vid for this run.

#55 ·
you have a completely flawed logic in that you think your time is more important than everyone else's and that it's up to u to punish thoes who actually value there time and find safe ways to cut some time from there trip without interfering with anyone else. So far you have presented nothing to convince me what he did was dangerous or in any way affected anyone else so I don't see why you have to get all bent out of shape over nothing. Instead of just saying its illigal, which isn't the issue seeing as you broke the law in the prodded of trying to punish him for braking a law, just see that he was minding his own business and would have just went on with his life if u didn't decide you were gona race. I'm getting tired of this tho, I thought you guys would see the truth but it appears you have been blinded by laws and don't take the time to think about the act and determine wether you think it's right or wrong for yourself, and even then it doesn't give you the right to go out on the streets and enforce your own laws. Just let people do what they do. Don't worry about what there doing, especialy when it doesnt affect anyone, mind your own business keep your eyes on the road and try to have fun.

#60 ·
you shouldn't make fake quotes, it's childish and illigal
But yea this isn't getting anywhere, you guys haven't posted anything factual to support your beliefs and I'm tired of posting fact after fact and having you ignore them. It doesn't seem like anyone is going to change there mind. I know I'm right and it does bother me to know your going to continue driving around making safe situations dangerous, but there's nothing more I can do, you have to choose to be a good person on your own.

#61 ·
But yea this isn't getting anywhere, you guys haven't posted anything factual to support your beliefs and I'm tired of posting fact after fact and having you ignore them. It doesn't seem like anyone is going to change there mind. I know I'm right and it does bother me to know your going to continue driving around making safe situations dangerous, but there's nothing more I can do, you have to choose to be a good person on your own.
You have posted 0 facts. The only fact in this thread is using a turning lane to pass is illegal. This ALONE makes you wrong.

The other fact in this thread is that you're a complete imbecile.

#63 ·
i dont want to live on this planet no more :faint:

#65 ·
It was not a dangerous maunuver. And street racing is most Definatly illigal so I guess ur wrong again that was one of the many facts I presented. The mustangs actions not being dangerous was another. and that was all I was saying the whole time. It is clear that the street racing mad man is in the wrong. He was driving under the limit trying to piss the mustang off then when the mustang finally got a chance to pass op thinks he's on the drag strip and dicks him out of it then complains about how the guy drive behind him with his lights on at night. it is clear that op created the problem. No one is questioning the legality of the mustangs actions I am well aware that its illigal although i can see how having a merge lane directly across from his lane would make him think otherwise.

#66 ·
He was driving under the limit trying to piss the mustang off then when the mustang finally got a chance to pass op thinks he's on the drag strip and dicks him out of it then complains about how the guy drive behind him with his lights on at night.
STFU! now apparently i was driving under the limit to piss the mustang off?! i accelerated normally from a stop.

i was a complete stop waiting for the light and the mustang pulled out of a apartment complex probably half a mile behind me. anyone can tell when someone is is braking to avoid a complete stop at a light. he was just rolling to the light in a TURNING LANE, then he decides to drive thru that lane and go straight.

oh and you cant really see the lane markings on the other side of the intersection since there's a slight hump in the middle. in order to see the lanes up ahead, you'd have to pass the middle of the intersection first.

and i wasnt complaining about his lights being on at night :confused: i just stated that he had the nerve to ride me when he was completely in the wrong.

#69 ·
I figured u must have been doing something to make him want to go around you. But from what u just said it sounds like he just didn't want to have to come to a complete stop. U still shouldn't have blocked him off tho, that was dangerous. I saw a truck flip over because of someone doing that before, the lady in the truck was trying to get in and the guy next to her sped up. She was so busy trying to get in she hit the slanted curb at the end of the merge lane and it flipped the truck over into the street. not sure if she was ok cause I saw it in the rear view, luckly. All I'm saying is just let people in, it's not hard to be nice and just let everyone do there own thing, but you had to go out of ur way to be a jerk to that guy.

#71 ·
U still shouldn't have blocked him off tho, that was dangerous.
he couldve slowed down and gotten behind me, but he refused to give up. he wouldve passed me if it was a 1/4 run.

. I saw a truck flip over because of someone doing that before, the lady in the truck was trying to get in and the guy next to her sped up. She was so busy trying to get in she hit the slanted curb at the end of the merge lane and it flipped the truck over into the street.
purely driver error. its common courtesy to let people in, but not the law.

#73 ·
You clearly haven't read any of my posts. I clearly stated that I am 100% aware of the legality of the matter. That wasn't my concern, I was concerned with public safety and it was a safer situation before op blocked him off. The mustang was pulling an illigal maneuver, we don't know y for sure, for all we know he was drunk, but there is no denying that the safest thing to do is avoid him. Not race him and block him from getting in the right lane, op could have caused an accident the mustang could not have.

#72 ·
I don't let people in all the time. I mean, all the fucking time. And for various reasons:

-they used the shoulder to try to cut me off
-there was no one behind me (ergo, they can just zipper in behind me)
-they didn't have their turn signal on and I'm not going to play mind reader
-they waited until the last minute to get over (sorry for their luck)

I will allow people to zipper in if they have executed common courtesy while driving however. I'm a good driver and I'm a safe driver. But I am also unrelenting when it comes to traffic rules.

#74 ·
I like your style.

I let most people in to avoid the drama. I go through this every morning. The bridge to cross into NJ (The Tacony/Palmyra bridge) is 2 lanes that merge to 1. Both lanes are backed up for blocks so doesn't matter which you end up on. People either force their way in or they don't let anyone in the left over causing a longer backup. Then there is the shoulder which people ride until they are at the merge point. There I play goalie.

#85 ·
this. foxbody mustang that looked/sounded like poo does not get the courtesy. esp pulling off a stunt like this.

off topic: i saw a blue GTO broken down when i exited the highway after work. debated whether i should pull over or not, but i did see a girl on the phone outside the car :D

moral of the story: i thought about you :naughty:

#86 · (Edited)
Yea it is. None of you read any of the posts and you are still triped up over it being illigal and saying u would speed up and kill people just so some innocent mom with 2 screeming kids in the back who accidentally got in a lane that goes across the intersection, now she's trying to get in, she looked it's clear, baby's screeming, she's distracted u speed up now ur in the way she hits you, the end of the merge lane comes, her vehicle flips on top of yours you killed 3 innocent people because u thought ur life was more valuable than there's. The point I am and have been making the entire time was that the op made a safe situation dangerous. There is no denying this and I am done with this thread because there's no point in typing anything seeing as u arnt reading, or can't comprehend what I'm saying. Proven by the fact that u keep saying it was illigal which we have already determined doesn't play a factor in how safe a mauver it was. It is also made obvious that you don't realy care if things are illigal because u said that if you saw someone commiting a crime you would speed and race them which is a more serious crime. So yes you have contradicted your own side and only defense for your side. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SAFER IF OP HADENT INTERFEARED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.