NewCelica.org Forum banner

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S - Trial Supercharged

34K views 96 replies 41 participants last post by  rushnerd 
#1 · (Edited)
----- UPDATE: August 9, 2022 - The Celica is still available and available for sale. We still enjoy it and go to car shows as time allows. Car run flawlessly, Supercharger pulls all the way to redline. Lift works perfectly. IF SERIOUSLY INTERESTED...shoot me a text 724-584-7120

History:
The car was purchased on January 27, 2008. It came with ALL Trial components and the car was painted 350z Silverstone. The bumpers did not match, so we opted to repaint the whole car. It was personally delivered on a trailer by the original owner from Dunkirk, NY to Pittsburgh, PA. He was a member here on the boards! It has been garage kept and we have put roughly 1500-2000 miles on the car since we bought it. It was a project, not a daily driver. No accidents. Was originally a Florida car in it's previous life (when it was black, the original color).

2002 Toyota Celica
Mileage: 29xxx
Color: Black
Transmission: 6spd Manual
VIN: JTDDY32T720055485

Price: $18,000 OBO

Exterior:
  • Custom - $3000 paintjob - car is titled as black
  • Trial Aero Kit - authentic
  • Trial CF Wing and Canards
  • JDM corner lights
  • Black housing headlights
  • Topshop wrapped Tsunami Hoodscoop - flawless!!!!
  • Black lower grill-mesh
  • 17x8 SSR Competition SSF Wheels- Wheel Weight 14.7lbs - slight curb on one wheel
  • 215/45/17 Falken Ziex ZE512

Engine:
  • Trial Supercharger - professionally installed by Trial Technicians in Arizona
    • Roughly 3600 miles on Supercharger
    • 205hp in Arizona in 99 degree heat
    • Polished piping
  • Trial Headers
  • Trial Titanium Exhaust
  • Apex-i Power FC - Tuned in Arizona
  • 22-26 MPG; Electromagnetic Clutch engages at 60% throttle
  • Candy Red powdercoated valve cover and intake manifold
  • Hydrodipped carbon-fiber engine plastics
  • Spark Plug cover

Interior:
  • Fully custom - gray/black/perforated leather with red stitching
    • Leather seats - Trial embroidered
    • Leather shift boot
    • Leather door inserts
    • Leather armrests
    • Leather cargo cover - Trial embroidered
    • Fabric headliner
    • Leather sun visors
    • Black coated plastic hardware
  • JDM Door Sills

Audio/Visual:
  • Full car B-Quiet sound insulation
  • Custom enclosure purchased from a member on the boards
    • CF sub enclosure with nitrous bottle brackets (purchased from Kenny Heiser)
    • Leather amp rack - de-dyed to match custom interior
    • Side panels with carbon fiber nitrous pressure gauges
    • Two Eclipse monitors
    • Two capacitors - BMW silver
    • Two NOS brand nitrous tanks - BMW silver
  • JL Audio speakers - mounted on wooden spacers
  • JL Audio W7 sub
  • JL Audio 1000/1 amp - for sub
  • JL Audio 450/4 amp - for speakers
  • Two computer fans for cooling inner sub
  • 4 ventilation ports on top
  • All wiring and components are JL or Monster for the most part - top notch!
  • Kinetic lightweight battery - bridged with front battery

Suspension/Brakes:
  • TRD Coilovers
  • Hypermotive front strut bar (Rare)
  • Wheel spacers
  • Stoptech stainless brake lines
  • Powdercoated/fully rebuilt brakes
  • Stoptech slotted rotors

Shoot me a PM or text 724-584-7120 if you have any additional questions! ;)

__

Pics:

*** UPDATE: Pics from July 2022 car show
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Vehicle Car Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Gear shift White Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

__

Walk-around:

Walk-around 2:

Trial-Rev:

-Johnny

Attachments

See less See more
3 15
#3 ·
As an added selling point, this car was the first to have a functional Trial Supercharger installed in the USA. To the best of my knowledge, it is one of only three to have been installed in thr USA by Trial technicians.

A picture of the car appeared in DCAR magazine showcasing the Trial Supercharger kit, and a copy of the magazine will go to the new owner!

#64 ·
Wow, cant believe I stumbled on this post, I was in-fact there when this car was having the the S/C installed by Scott and Hero. That was a LATE and HOT night in Tucson AZ. My car was the 2nd one with the Trial SC installed and the 3rd was also from San Diego.

#21 ·
as ANOTHER clarification...in plain text.

the car is stored in a climate controlled corporate hanger with multi-million dollar jets. Chris works out of the hanger and is there 5 days a week. running the car/driving it once in a while is not a difficult operation to accomplish.

no more posts unless you are interested in the car, or have something nice to say. if it is not nice, i suggest looking at the off-topic forum and trying your luck there! :)

#27 ·
Wow another masterpiece celica up for sale :(. Never thought you of all people would ever sell :(. Unfortunately I do not believe many people here will remember or understand who Kenny was or why the quality of that trunk setup is unquestionable. Really this is an amazing car that will unfortunately not sell for what it is worth. Best of luck and congrats to whoever buys it.

#28 ·
Thanks for the kind comments, Dan. I really want it to go to a good home. I agree, most people would not recall Kenny. That comes with being on this forum since forever ago, haha. I wish his car would have materialized...that would have a site to see.

We aren't going to get nearly the kind of money we put into it...but hoping for the best. There is some expensive stuff on this car :p Haven't ruled out a partial part out, but we aren't there yet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.