NewCelica.org Forum banner

The Official Chicago Celicas Thread

19K views 193 replies 14 participants last post by  Bitter 
#1 ·
Hey guys, figured id make our own thread here on the forum so we have other ways to talk and possibly to find new members.

#70 ·
I'm making guac, just got the cados tonight and have the jalepenos on the windowsill to turn red, habenero in the fridge with the cados cause they're almost ripe. I need to grab some serrano. I figure I'll make two containers, one for those who don't mind shitting ropes of fire later and one for those who don't like burning assholes.

#72 ·
((so... much... restraint... !!))

#73 ·
I'm actually not coming any longer... Sorry guys. Our baby sitter fell through and it's too cold for me to bring the little one for a long period of time...

1. Devin - grill & grilling utensils
2. Daniel, Brigette, and Wolf- burgers
3. Chee La/Mai See - Dranks and thangs? or meatz, perhaps dessert.
4. Joe -
5. Luke -
6. That97 - Dogs, buns, Drinks
7. Chris/Stacy - Chips and Salsa, maybe puppychow?
8. Jake & Sam- TBD
9. Skyler- tried getting the ****lica together. I guess you will have to deal with the gt4 instead.
10. Annette & Jake - potato salad
11. 2KGTS -

#74 ·
... Bitter?

#75 ·
What? You know I'm too lazy to ctrlc ctrlv add my name to lists. We don't need no stinkin list!

I grabbed some fresh cilantro and a couple tomatillo when I got the serrano peppers, the jalepeno are turning nice and red. I think for the mild batch I'll roast one of the jalepeno and put in, leave stuff fresh for the hot batch. Roasted jalepeno gets such a good sweet heat that doesn't burn, it just warms. I might need to grab a couple more avocado though and maybe some bigger tupperwear.

#76 ·
Just glad we're not stuck with vegan food.

#77 ·
Vegan cheese is the worst.

Well the guac will be gluten free and vegan, so...yea.

#78 ·
No vegan no more so no care.

#81 ·
PlastiDip ftmfw!

#82 ·
and where's mrfunny??????????

#84 ·
When did he get an alltrac???

Or is that a joke about his lights? LOL

#86 ·
So he no longer has his 7th gen GT?

And when the hell is anyone going to be there? I'm tired of getting there around 11am and waiting for anybody to show up...

#89 ·
Scratch that, I'll just call you when dinner is ready and you can meet us in Minooka for pizza.

#90 ·
made the hot batch, gonna bring the cutting board and peppers with in case they want it hotter but I got....two small habenero, one medium size serrano, and a large ripened red jalepeno along with some red onion, roma tomato, tomatillo, fresh cilantro, garlic powder, and a little salt to taste

#91 ·
I think I'll shoot for 12:30 arrival as I have a hot/warm dish to share...

#92 ·
I forgot to get chips at the store tonight, I'll grab some on my way, however that means my guac will be coming in untested. Let's see just how good my blind guac is.

#93 ·
In my estimation, this meet was an unqualified success! The weather was awesome, the food was good and plentiful, and there was a very good turnout - just not by 7th gens. LOL

Listening to the car with the DDPR IM in lift in 4th gear was pretty damned awesome, too. Good to so you, Bitter!

#95 ·
Perhaps you can test it out yourself some day to find out. And someone needs to resurrect racecarp.

#96 ·
Yea yea, I hit lift in 2nd all the way out to the end of the gear at 80mph on the run that no one else went on. Several times. And in 3rd later on the way to dinner. Bugs really go splat at those speeds.

#97 ·
2nd in the auto trans goes to 80? 2nd in the 6-speed goes to 62mph...

#98 ·
1st 0-45, 2nd 45-80, 3rd 80-120+
I figured out my time down the road from video, roughly 2.5 minutes from start to end over roughly 2.5 miles, average speed of around 60mph. Not terrible, could be faster, was just having fun.
I got the video cut together but the render output bonked up the A/V sync something bad, 3-4 seconds off on the audio somehow. I'll fix it later and re-up it, tired of messing with it right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.