NewCelica.org Forum banner

Lotus ELISE!! TOYOTA??? or....

11K views 75 replies 38 participants last post by  goretro77 
#1 ·
hey..i live in mississauga..a town in Canada...really close to toronto..

and lasst nite i saw the first lotus elise here...a lime green one..

pretty sweet

anyways..does this car have anything to do with toyota??

just a question..i heard somewhere that it did.but i am not sure

#5 ·
yeah they have same motor/tranny but the Elise is MR not FF. Plus it weighs like 2000 lbs. While on the subject of new Elises around, I've had one that works near my house that I see nearly every day (purple) and another one just popped up like 30 seconds drive from my house. It's silver. So now I have 2 Elises near me... hmm there's an idea (or two) if I ever need a new motor ;)

#12 ·
Curt705 said:
geez...50 grand. Even though a MR setup is way better...i'll take the extra 500lbs and a FF setup for quite a bit less...
You'd change your mind if you drove one. It's very fast, not only straight-line, but it was made for actual racing (autoX or road courses). It really shines in those twisties. Unbelievable car considering it uses the 2zz

#14 ·
Yes the elise is a tiny car. When I sat in them at the lotus dealer it didn't seem as small because all the cars around it were small sports cars. But when my friend picked his up and let me drive it around you realize how small it is. You are literally dwarfed by Accords and Camry's. But it's an amazing performer, and fun as hell.

me being a dork in my buddies car

#15 ·
:hitit:

on second note....the above comment refers to the car...for all you OT'ers that troll this board

#18 ·
I love small cars. I wanted a Miata before my celica, just cause it's nice, quick, and small...now an Elise is right up my alley....after I buy a new house, have kids, and retire....

yep...right up my alley....

~sigh~

#20 ·
Yeah the 2zz was developed by toyota, yamaha, and I think one other company. Maybe just those two though. And I think the engine was designed after porsche's valve timing concept. Which I think is called variocam?

#23 ·
I'd buy it if it were cheaper.

I just can't justify spending around $40k-$50k on a car that offers a whopping 1.8L of power, no matter how well it handles.

A lot of auto magazines are saying how the Elise is the best handling stock car of all time, which I don't doubt. And I love handling, but I also lover power and I just couldn't do that with a good conscience. LOL so please no one ask me why I bought a Celica ;) (I don't know).

#25 ·
JSPITZ said:
I thought the elise was 43 new thats how much they are here in VA?
prices vary all over the country. Elises are more rare, meaning that dealerships can put a price on them for whatever they want, and if someone wants the car badly enough, they'll find a way to get it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.