NewCelica.org Forum banner

03+ Conversion: What you need to know.

43K views 68 replies 36 participants last post by  dbonilla 
#1 · (Edited)
First off, this is to end all questions regarding the differences between the 2000-2002 and 2003-2005 models, appearance-wise.

03+ Front bumper:
-It will fit onto a 2000-2002 model Celica.
--The only things needed for a glove-like fit:
---03+ styrofoam bumper
---03+ fog lights + brackets

03+ Tail lights:
-There's no difference in application process, baka!

03+ Rear bumper:

03+ Sides/Rocker panels:

03+ Glass moon/sunroof:
-The glass is a direct swap. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

03+ Black interior:
-Direct swap, however, the 2000-2002 and 2003+ A-pillar covers are different and not interchangeable. Headliners are not interchangeable.

03+ "CELICA" rear hatch garnish/handle:
-Direct swap.
-Comes prepainted in your choice of stock colors for under $100 from Toyota.

03+ OEM HID headlights:
-Direct swap but appropriate HID hardware is needed.

03+ Orange clock and radio:
-Interchangeable.

03+ Gauge cluster:
-Interchangeable.

See less See more
#43 ·
Is there a website that I can buy the whole 03+ setup? The person that had the car before me didn't take care of this car at all so the majority of my time and money goes to repairs and fixing stuff :marky: I wanna do the 03+ setup and i've been looking online for it and all i have found is stuff like (http://www.autobodyfit.com/products...r-cover-reconditioned-original-2003-2005.html) But i don't know if this is what I need to get. Then they have these things (http://www.trademotion.com/parts/20...leid=1433058&diagram=8514008&diagramCallOut=1) and it just gets confusing with what I need and whats extras

#49 ·
All celica housings/foglights are be the same. You will only need the 03+ brackets.

#48 ·
so everyone knows I recently bought a clean body 01 gt matching color to my girlfriends 04 with a beat body. I did a full part swap with front and rear bumpers, seats, all interior dash trim clock down to shifter and I can tell you what Little problems I had.

Keep in mind I parted the car out in only two days. I had after work on a Thursday and Friday til I had to have it gone to scrap by 10am Saturday. I rushed, in minus 10 Canadian winter and alone got everything I wanted done in the driveway except for the hatch.

problem 1: I got the front bumper on (01 bumper installed on 04 with 01 foam) but because my girlfriends 04 had fog lights they wouldn't Allow me to fit the bumper snug until I removed them. Once I did all holes lined up and bam, she fits

problem 2: the seats, the stock black leathers were ruined in our 04 so I decided to use the 01 fabric seats until I could afford better. I removed 04 then fit 01 perfect, everything bolted in the back no issues using stock 01 bracket with seats.

Then I installed the fronts. .. long story short they fit perfect and even lined up like a match made in heaven. i went to buckle up my seat belt and the buckle won't work with 04 seat belts. out come the fabric I didn't have time to change belts or buckle as I only decided to buckle up once I was leaving at 11pm Friday night thinking I was finally done.

problem 3: very minor, Although clocks are the same shape the plug behind is not. 01 clock would not work in 04, had to be changed back.

some easy things, everything pulls apart its a big peace of Lego! The trim around shifter is identical so the 01 standard trim fit our automatic 04 perfect.

All of the trunk plastics, hatch trim, antenna, and most of that are the same. only crappy thing is 01 had gray plastic our 04 had black everything.

anyway if you have any questions about that stuff lmk

Posted from Newcelica.org App for Android

#55 ·
I just replaced my 2000 GTS factory front bumper with the factory 2004 (w/o action pkg) bumper. Does anyone know if there's supposed to be a grill that inserts into the long, horizontal slit in the front? You can see the the styrofoam absorption bumper when you look into slit and I'd like to hide that. I can't find one online, it's a hard thing to search for.

#56 ·
IIRC, it was a fake plastic one. It didn't have any "holes" cut out into the grill.

Paint the styrofoam black and/or cut a section out of it.

#62 ·
Recently did the 03+ front bumper conversion, this is what I've bought:

-Bumper 52119-20949
-Upper grille 53111-2B060
-Lower grille 53111-20270
-Foam 52611-20230
-Foglight bracket (L) 81219-20480
-Foglight bracket (R) 81219-20470
-Center stay 52144-20280
-Hood seal 53395‑20030 (the current one is glued to the bumper)
-Lower lip, PN unkown as I bought a different lip
-Logo, PN unknown as I did not install it, this requires 'shaving' the bumper

I did need to swap the fog lights, so left becomes right etc. Otherwise you can't get the heighting adjustment to fit. Tested the output of the lights and they are still fine.

#66 ·
Well glad to see you experienced inflation first hand. The Celica is no longer in production, of course costs will increase. You should have bought it from Ask Rafa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.