NewCelica.org Forum banner

MWR Flywheel - Problems

7K views 47 replies 18 participants last post by  vegeta4ss 
#1 ·
Just about to order one. . .

anyone had any grief/ used one, before i get it?

its still a fairly new product, i beleive, just wondering if anyone has had a chance to show faults yet?
are users happy with it?

not trying to start the ''what are the effects debate'' its not required :p im just asking about the quality / reviews

thanks guys

#46 ·
Really? Could you describe the scenario that made you realize the pushrod was needed?

I have act hdss and fidanza on a 2zz and have about 15k on the parts but I am using oem pushrod. I have the extended one on a shelf because I thought I may need it but the car has been fine to drive so far. Does the pushrod only help with not having to push it all the way to the floor for disengagement?

#47 ·
If your clutch disengages completely at a reasonable pedal height then you don't need the pushrod. If your clutch only disengages when the pedal is too close to the floor even after adjusting it then you need the pushrod. If the engagement is too close to the floor it beats up the synchros on fast shifts and may not disengage completely which causes misshifts and synchro damage, sometimes even broken shift forks.

I find the extended pushrod puts the slave cylinder in a somewhat better segment of its travel and makes it work better. It's a self adjusting hydraulic system so it doesn't over-disengage in my experience.

#48 ·
so it wont really hurt to put it in there?

I seem to notice different pedal grab heights when the car is completely cold vs after a half hour drive. Cold car seems to result with 1-1.5 inches from floor being the catch point. As it warms up it seems to move up more like 3 inches from the floor to catch. Could be characteristic of the ACT clutch. Just wanted to make sure it had nothing to do with my pushrod or fluids. Although it seems to me like it might be fluid pressure related.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.