NewCelica.org Forum banner

20"rims on a 2000 celica would they fit?

12K views 39 replies 26 participants last post by  broderp 
#1 ·
just wondering would a20" rims fit on a celica? has it been done? any one has pics?

#7 ·
there's a guy down here in miami who has 19"s, can't remember his name, but looks neat imo. anything over 18 for me is too much on a celica.

#13 ·
worrplyr, hombre... and idk cuz i have 18's with 35 profile tires and there close to the srut prolly an inch and half at best, 1's would be pushing it so maby 20's would touch so possibly need new struts but tahts the only issue, plus ur gonna rub like crazy with turning...

#8 ·
Wait till you hit a pole hole with this 20's on 1 youll either bend the rim at that point kiss that rim good bye. Or your tire will blow out and 20' tires arent cheap either. and 20's on a celica would be hidious what are you thinking?

#9 ·
definitely get 17's or 18's, anything else effects overall handling to much and imo just dont look good

#12 ·
20x 8 will fit no problem. Too big for me. Then again my 19.s are too big for others, so really its all what you want. Its your ride and we all have diff taste and goals we looking to achieve. Good luck let me know what wheels your looking to get as i manage a wheel/rim shop in atlanta and might have a hook up depending. mounted balanced with tires and hub rings/lugs also. Ray
yarnibass@gmail.com

#16 ·
ibmike I feel you are roads are the worst and im running 18's with 35 profile and its horrible when i hit a pothole I feel like crying everytime lol. But for the struts is all about offset i think (tucked in or not). Main problems of 20's is bending rims and price and availability of tires like mentionned. Don't go higher than 18's unless roads in your town are 'perfect'.

#17 ·
I just bought a set of 17inch enkei ev5s cause ive been running 18s and the roads in my area suck horrbily. Recently I hit a pothole and blew out my front left tire and bent the rim. I was very pissed and decided to downsize. There is no way I would ever touch a rim above 18 inches and even that is pushing it in some areas.

#24 ·
WHY??!!

To each his on I guess....

#29 ·
I agree. 17" is the largest I would ever go. Above that it just doesn't look right, not to mention the ride change would be too exctreme for me. Maybe for a show car.....

#27 ·
To answer the question, yes, they will fit. But only if theyre chrome and spinning.

#28 ·
i want 24' or 26's on my celica.. look at my sig,imagine it on 24's, and tell me what u think..

#31 ·
YUCK!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.