NewCelica.org Forum banner

InsolentMinx's T-Sport Mod Thread

14K views 136 replies 31 participants last post by  Stich 
#1 ·
I'd been thinking of moving up to a T-Sport or the UK GT model if I found one that met some of my criteria.

Well, I soon saw a CCUK member's T-sport up for sale and it pretty much met all my criteria.
Chatted with Ed, checked out the car, took it for a spin, and decided to buy it.

The car drives like a dream, and has a large number of mods that I have always been thinking of doing.

The only downside is the bodywork. The front end is going to need a respray due to immense stonechipping.
The replica C-One scoop isn't a great fit and is also in urgent need of a respray.
The passenger door has a nice dent in it thanks to a random passer-by.
The rear bumper's got a couple of dents in it.
And the replica GT spoiler is a rather bad copy, which is cracked. The blade's carbon wrapped at the moment though, so that hides some of it.

But never fear, fellow NC.org buddies, all these items will be attended to :D

Good bits:

18" Compomotives with some minor kerbing, wrapped in nearly new Rainsport 2 tyres.
Front and rear strut-braces.
Full poly bush kit
Lowered on Eibach springs
Shortshifter
Carbon fibre engine covers
GT alcantra interior seats
Blue LED climate control
JVC touchscreen double din
Tinted windows
Dynamic skirts
Tegiwa tow hooks
Wilwood BBK
HIDs

I've already made up a blue LED and swapped over my illuminate gear stick ring.
I've got some blue LEDs for the footwells too.
I'm going to be putting a green prefacelift clock in, so i can filter that blue too, and will eventually get a custom speedo with blue backlights.

I'll be swapping my Kaminari skirts and UK GT lip over.
I've got something in mind to get rid of the spoiler.
I'll put my replica Sports M hood scoop on instead of the C-One monstrosity.
And I'm undecided about what to do with the wheels...

Here's how she stands at the moment:
She looks good, but not quite ready for her close-up yet.:eek::

Better pics in due course...

See less See more
#68 ·
sooo, after a week at my bodyshop, i got my baby back today.

C-One front lip partly moulded onto the front bumper to give it a cleaner look
Mesh installed in place of the grille, and mesh to cover the fogs
Veilside rear bumper with custom central LED foglight. Cut-out for the tow-hook
They also painted my black Sports M scoop storm blue to match the rest of the car

:D

Next step (when i can afford it), cat-back exhaust to fill out the hole in the rear, and spacers to push my Momo's out flush.

#71 ·
What kind of lip did you have before
TRD Sport-M I think... someone was trying to sell a whole kit for some ridiculous amount of money a while ago without any luck... It sits just like OEM lip, but shaped a bit differently.

#70 ·
You need to get rid of those dam wheels and go lower, otherwise its looking good, I don't mind the veil-side rear when its black, it doesn't stand out as much I guess...

#72 ·
thanks both.

the wheels are staying :D and it'll possibly go lower when i can afford coillies. I have an epic holiday in Cuba, and moving apartment to pay for which will take priority over car bits.

Exhaust and spacers next though.

I had the UK/Euro GT lip before, which i've still got, but have already promised it to a fellow CCUK member. ;)

#81 ·
I love it! I do agree that you could go a bit lower, but other than that, great job on it :thumbup:

I will point out something, though... your sig kinda diminishes the beauty of your car. It looks really... 8-bit. Clear it up a bit and you will be golden ;)

#82 ·
thanks Gio. I think I'm gonna try and get the hang of taking speedbumps at my current height before I go lower... I have a feeling I'm going to have to start planning my routes more carefully already!

Good point about the sig. I was just having a quick tinker on photoshop :p

#83 ·
You best get into the habit of angling over speed bumps and dips and into steep driveways now so you can make it a habit by the time to you actually NEED to use that technique. Even when I was lowered on Tein S-Techs before I got my coilovers, I would like to angle over everything to get used to doing it since I knew I would eventually get coilovers and go alot lower. Although I still clear speed bumps (surprisingly) by no more than a few millimeters at my current stance, I still take everything at an angle and slowly. The only thing that sucks is that sometimes I get stuck with the tail-gaters behind me at school when I'm going over speed bumps so I'm always afraid they will hit me one of these times :mad: But luckily nothing has happened yet *knock on wood*.

So yeah... start early so you know what you're doing by the time you go lower ;)

#92 ·
haha thanks dude.
I'm loving the car now compared to how she looked when I picked her up.

Next will be spacers and an axle-back exhaust... then commence saving for some performance mods.

#94 ·
hahaha, if i had a spare £5000... i would.

Will have to take it slowly. Stage 2 cams probably first.

Due to our cars being left-hand drive, your turbos don't easilly work with our cars... but I believe something might be in the process of being fabricated.
I'm sure by the time I have the money, something will be on the market :D

#96 ·
Splinter's looking at turbo isn't he?
I think?

I'd have to weigh up the cost differences between the two. Either way it's a while off.

I got my first annual bonus yesterday though, so the exhaust and spacers don't have to wait anymore! :D

#97 ·
oki doki. I haz da interwebz again! :D

washed the car for the first time in 4 months, but didn't get too many pics as I was rushing to go places.
Will try and get some more next weekend.

In the meantime:

Here's my new custom new dials in daylight:

and here with the ignition on in daylight:

and at nighttime:

and a quick daylight shot with a celica buddy:

Also got a new exhaust:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.