NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Adjust your Headlights

68K views 43 replies 37 participants last post by  GLERINK 
#1 ·
#29 ·
Hey I'm having a height problem with mine. And I couldn't figure out the diagram above which either means I'm a dumb engineer or just dumb... But, here is what I found couple weeks ago, haven't done it yet, too cold and can't find a flat surface and wall combo. I'll let ya know when I do...

http://www.ehow.com/how_5014639_adjust-headlights-celica.html

#30 ·
maybe they're not aiming right is because of the new headlight pin that came in the headlights. i'm swapping the pins from the oem headlights tomorrow, because the new one were forced in and maybe that's why my right hid light points down.

#31 ·
is this knob for vertical or horizontal??
is there even a horizontal knob?????
is there 2 knobs for alignment of the headlights??

#32 ·
can anybody help me please???? i have recently put a xenon kit, and have a problem, i have tested only driver's side and happens this..is desalignmet, when 5 minutes before it was fine with original bulb, i hace to say xenon bulb is fixed as teh original with the help of an adaptor for that, pics:

#38 ·
Okay, I have question. I pulled up to the garage door, popped the hood, turned on my lights and started turning. I probably turned the sprocket close to 5 times on the driver side and maybe 7 on the passenger side. There was absolutely NO movement on my lights. They practically shine straight down in front of my hood. I can barely see the road at night.

When I flipped my brights on, they showed the adjustment. The driver side was fairly high, and the passenger side was much higher. I turned them both down, but I still didnt see any noticable movement with the low beam....

Am I missing somthing? Or are the low beams non-adjustable?

#40 ·
I took the following pictures of the adjustment gears that I was turning. I could not for the life of myself find any others.

Passenger side...

That is the gear in the middle, partially covered. Driver Side

So I found the screws in the shop manual...but I cant find any others.

#41 ·
just to make sure at about 10 feet how high should the cutoff be.

in other procedures at 25 feet how high should it be?

#42 ·
I need to adjust my lights too, but when I turn the adjustment wheel, nothing happens :S
I used a 8mm ratchet to turn them very quickly instead of the flat head screwdriver mentioned in the manual :)
I only need to adjust my right light, but I noticed that the plastic socket is missing on that side, could that be the thing why I can't adjust the height of the beam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.