NewCelica.org Forum banner

Joey's Celi. Need all the help and advice I can get.

6K views 52 replies 25 participants last post by  R I C H I E 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I am new here and wanted to show you guys what I'm working with. My best friend passed away and left me this 2002 GT. He used to have it clean as fuck. Long story short, he died, it sat for nearly a year in probate. I need to revive this car in his name. Evidently someone messed with it while it was in holding. I'm just gonna show the pics instead of trying to explain every little detail of what happened to it.

When I first picked it up.

The next few pics will show what I've managed to accomplish so far. Mostly small stuff, ziptied the front bumper cover back on (currently looking for a new body kit), as far as under the hood ...it holds a brand new motor installed by Toyota, new fuel pump, two new rear Kumho tires, new hood, new passenger door window (was busted from punk kids), and I've painted most of the interior. It was poorly painted white and Joey never liked it ...so just for a temp fix bc it threw off a very bad glare on the windshield at night, I repainted.

So many things I want for this car. Thanks for looking and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I know nothing about Celicas. Slowly learning tho being a part of this forum.

See less See more
#34 ·
**UPDATE**

Got it back today after 7 weeks in the shop and being highly pissed for having to wait that long ...needless to say I'm not pissed anymore lol.

I'd say its come along way and I'm anxious to keep going with it. Still need to get an S2K antenna, headlights, fogs, side markers, hail damage fixed on the roof, etc., etc.. Lol

#44 ·
WOW.. Great Job, I bet your buddy is looking down smiling

#47 ·
Thanks guys! I know most people don't like the Lambo doors but I did leave them bc that's what he installed. Otherwise they'd have been off as soon as I got it, not bc of the "rice" factor ...but bc I'm a big dude and its hard as fuck getting in and out lol.

#48 · (Edited)
:thumbup:-Awesome job!
I know your friend Joey is very happy to know what you've accomplished with his CELICA!
What else do you plan on doing to it?

#50 ·
You did a great job in restoring her, bro. Your buddy would be proud.
The transformation is mature, probably what your buddy would have gone with after growing out of it's previous phase.

Other than the s2000 antenna and sidemarkers I'd suggest painting the two front grills black. It'll give it a sleeker look.

Besides that, don't even change the wheels. That is a classic look that, IMO, looks BEST on a Spectra Blue TRD Celica.

#51 ·
Amazing job dude!!! It really makes me think of who i'd pass my car down since I no longer have a best friend as of late, but if that was my car I would be extremely happy to see what you've done to it and proud of you. Major props to you my man, keep it up!

Spectra Blue TRD is IMO one of the best looks, I always wanted a spectra blue celica but ended up with my Carbon Blue. The TRD kit just looks too good on that color.

Again, amazing job. :applaud:

#52 ·
Bump, I know it's a month old but just wanna say you've come a long way and the celica looks amazing! Any more progress?:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.