NewCelica.org Forum banner

InsolentMinx's T-Sport Mod Thread

14K views 136 replies 31 participants last post by  Stich 
#1 ·
I'd been thinking of moving up to a T-Sport or the UK GT model if I found one that met some of my criteria.

Well, I soon saw a CCUK member's T-sport up for sale and it pretty much met all my criteria.
Chatted with Ed, checked out the car, took it for a spin, and decided to buy it.

The car drives like a dream, and has a large number of mods that I have always been thinking of doing.

The only downside is the bodywork. The front end is going to need a respray due to immense stonechipping.
The replica C-One scoop isn't a great fit and is also in urgent need of a respray.
The passenger door has a nice dent in it thanks to a random passer-by.
The rear bumper's got a couple of dents in it.
And the replica GT spoiler is a rather bad copy, which is cracked. The blade's carbon wrapped at the moment though, so that hides some of it.

But never fear, fellow NC.org buddies, all these items will be attended to :D

Good bits:

18" Compomotives with some minor kerbing, wrapped in nearly new Rainsport 2 tyres.
Front and rear strut-braces.
Full poly bush kit
Lowered on Eibach springs
Shortshifter
Carbon fibre engine covers
GT alcantra interior seats
Blue LED climate control
JVC touchscreen double din
Tinted windows
Dynamic skirts
Tegiwa tow hooks
Wilwood BBK
HIDs

I've already made up a blue LED and swapped over my illuminate gear stick ring.
I've got some blue LEDs for the footwells too.
I'm going to be putting a green prefacelift clock in, so i can filter that blue too, and will eventually get a custom speedo with blue backlights.

I'll be swapping my Kaminari skirts and UK GT lip over.
I've got something in mind to get rid of the spoiler.
I'll put my replica Sports M hood scoop on instead of the C-One monstrosity.
And I'm undecided about what to do with the wheels...

Here's how she stands at the moment:
She looks good, but not quite ready for her close-up yet.:eek::

Better pics in due course...

See less See more
#36 ·
Well I took my clock apart again to remove the front lens.
I could hardly see it in the daytime and it wasn't quite the blue that I wanted, so out came the mini Dremel thing, and off came the red cover.
It doesn't look quite as good with the cover off, but the colour of the clock is spot on now, and it's nice and bright! :D

Oh, and I opened the big box and found another white spoiler inside! :lol:
Thankfully this one won't be staying white.

Apologies for the crap photos. The lighting was shocking, and from the rear with the flash on, it just lit up the number plate and reflectors. And from the sides you can see how dirty the car is :blush:
I need to get myself a tripod.

I can't wait to see this baby painted!!

#42 ·
Ok, so here's a couple of updates.
I added a few LEDs in the door cards, nothing crazy as I didn't want to go overboard with the lights, but it gives off a nice glow in the doors now.

I basically put 1 LED in the speaker grille, and 1 in the pocket. Melting a hole in the plastic big enough to feed the wires through, but small enough so the LED wouldn't get pulled back into the door card.

After some fiddly wire routing, I got a lovely effect once the sun went down.

They're wired to the footwell lights, so come on when i turn the sidelights/headlights on, and provide a nice little glow.

Next step will be blue backlight for the speedo and a custom speedo face for Xmas maybe.

Oh, and I got my Brashboy replica lip fitted, wiper removed, and tailgate smoothed. Also got my Kam skirts repaired and painted too.

Alas, I didn't get a chance to get any decent daylight pictures, so I shall get them on the 31st once I'm back from Prague.

Brake disc hubs need painting...

#46 ·
Cheers dude!

I've not done anything about the rear bumper yet.
When i got the kam skirts resprayed the previous bodyshop had cracked them when fitting, so i had to spend a little more to get them fixed properly. So need to wait a lil longer to save up for the rear bumper.

Probably in the new year :D

#44 ·
:thumbup:-Wow...awesome work and progress! Keep it up!

#48 ·
Thank you Sir!

I really like the LEDs in the speaker and pocket, subtle but a nice touch to add a little extra glow.
I think I'll swap the dials out and change the orange to blue sometime soon too, when I can think of a design I want; as the orange dials look rubbish compared to all the other blue lighting.

The illuminated gear stick ring was a homemade project by a member on the celica-club.co.uk forum called 'Halek'. He does group buys ocassionally, and might have a few spares lying around if you sign up and send him a message.

It's a clear perspex donut with a small hole drilled in it to accept the wired 3mm LED, which then runs under the gearstick gaiter and wires in to the cigarette lighter. :D

#57 ·
couple of updated pics after she got a wash yesterday (and it rained overnight :( )

My new LikwidArt Celica infill and custom T-Sport badge.
This stuff is awesome, it's like liquidy plastic blue which really looks great and nicely adds a little contrasting blue to the back end.

and then 2 full length pics.

I can't wait to get my Veilside rear to finish up the back.

#58 ·
Not so sure about the kam sides and rims. The kam sides are too low for that lip but other than that and the rims looks good!

#64 ·
a little update seeing as I'm here.

I recently had my gearstick gaiter re-trimmed, and armrest trimmed in leather with red stitching to match my GT alacantra seats :D

And I fitted some rainvisors too.

#65 ·
can't wait to get that damn C-One front lip fitted with the Veilside rear!!

Plus I need to paint my hubs and calipers too... which i'll probably do when i get some spacers later in the year...

#67 ·
*shucks* thank you Sir.

All I need after that is to actually get some power mods to go along with the looks, handling and stopping!! :eek:: haha

These front lips and rear bumpers are bit pricier than I thought though, so the bhp increases may have to wait a while longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.