NewCelica.org Forum banner

Auto to Manual Transmission Swap

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Chai13GTs 
#1 ·
Hi, I own a 2001 Celica GTS Automatic. I recently purchased a 6-Speed Transmission, I was wondering if anyone know anywhere in the Tri-State area that will do the Convertion or swapping of trans.

#3 ·
I hate to be the a-hole who points this out...but...you really should just trade your car in for a 6 speed...the cost of installing that tranny (plus the purchase price you already paid for it) will be more than just trading your car in for a brand new one. You are looking at several thousands of dollars in labor alone.

#5 ·
I know the expenses that it will take, Believe me that was my suggestion to the person who own the car. But she would not allow me to trade the car in. So do you people know any places that could do it? PapiChuu do you have a number for aamco or can you tell me where it is located?

#9 ·
i heard on the radio yesterday, autoland is having a sale for people wanting to get out of their current car into a new lease or purchase, look into it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.