K&N short ram intake - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Classifieds > Private 'For Sale' Classifieds > Parts For Sale

Parts For Sale Post here if you are looking to sell a part...

Support NCO
Google

Old 05-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #1
Silverstreak03

K&N short ram intake

Selling my K&N intake used for about a year and still in really good shape. Should have everything to install even the rubber nipple and hex screws for MAF sensor. Just missing one screw for one of the evap valves I think. Looking for 125 shipped with pp fees.

Silverstreak03 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2017, 01:06 AM   #2
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Great deal on this, too bad it wasn't posted a couple of weeks ago since I just picked up a new Injen SRI. I probably would have grabbed it.

Seems like you keep posting more parts... why selling so much right now?

C-ONE . TRIAL . MWR . VEILSIDE . ACT . VARRSTOEN . TEIN . ANSA . BEATRUSH . EBC . INJEN . TRD . BRASHBOY . OH MY!
Ghost Dragon is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #3
Silverstreak03

Dang dude! Wish I would have posted it earlier. I'm on my fourth celica over the last few years so most of these are just parts I've found laying around I don't need

Old 05-08-2017, 12:24 AM   #4
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Fourth? Why going through so many so fast? And what intake are you using on your current Celica?

C-ONE . TRIAL . MWR . VEILSIDE . ACT . VARRSTOEN . TEIN . ANSA . BEATRUSH . EBC . INJEN . TRD . BRASHBOY . OH MY!
Old 05-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #5
Silverstreak03

haha well my first 01 black gt got t-boned back in high school. I then moved down to Texas and found an 03 silver gt I held onto for about three years and traded it for a much higher mileage 02 black gts which crapped out on me six months later (lesson learned) and after a year of driving my truck I found the 05 blue gt I'm driving now with a little over 100k on it. So four celicas in the last six years or so isn't too bad
This might be my last celica, though, I'll be looking for a four door vehicle in the next five years I'm projecting as it's time to consider a near future family
Old 05-08-2017, 06:46 AM   #6
Silverstreak03

^forgot to say I'm just running a stock air box to keep it stock for resale value later on
Old 05-14-2017, 12:31 PM   #7
Silverstreak03

ttt
Old 05-14-2017, 07:28 PM   #8
Silverstreak03

115 shipped! Killer deal this thing is 250 new!
Old 05-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #9
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

That is a great deal! You may want to add if the K&N filter needs to be oiled or is a dry type.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #10
Silverstreak03

It's the oiled type that came with the kit. Not sure if there is a dry knn ?
Old 05-15-2017, 05:03 AM   #11
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

I mean some intakes by various manufacturers have oiled filters and others have dry.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:00 PM   #12
Silverstreak03

I know other companies offer oil-less but I believe K&N only makes oiled filters

Does anybody want this? Offers?
Old 05-17-2017, 11:03 PM   #13
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Just mentioned it cause my Injen is dry. What is the pipe diameter in this K&N?

Someone will grab this, it is just slow here compared to the FB group. You might want to post there too for a quicker sale.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #14
Silverstreak03

Oh yeah no it was a valid, informative question man! I know it's slow on here now I remember five years ago there were so many fun parts. Text/email me the group dude! I tried one and it was a bunch of people posting pics of their celica and saying they can buy a whole celica for the price of my lights
Old 05-18-2017, 04:47 AM   #15
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Unfortunately most of the young stupid noobs with used Celicas now have no money and no idea of the value of parts, but there are still some who do. As far as I know its just called toyotacelicagroup but I can't be sure. I have heard people mention it pretty often, but I don't spend any time on FB these days, I used to waste way too much time on that kinda crap.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:24 AM   #16
04BlueCeli
Celica Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 04BlueCeli Send a message via AIM to 04BlueCeli
I'm 38 years old, I've owned a Celica for over 13 years or so now. The longer you are in this game, the longer you realized how stupid it is to pay outrageous prices for insignificant parts.

As I see it, this is a piece of bent aluminum not probably worth over $10, and a filter probably about the same, if that. Then marked up dramatically because of a name.

I think with the internet being what is it today, and how educated we can make ourselves / self conscious on how much things should really cost, is the reason why no one want to pay an exorbitant amount of money of a tiny piece of aluminum.

And with things like eBay and "knock off" parts that do the same thing, it exposes the true cost of "brand names". I remember buying a Bomz Racing CAI for my first Celica that was supposed to be a knock off of Injen's version, for $40, when Injen was over $100. Do I really care about a name for someone who can bend pipe?

Price is relative to whatever the person wants to pay for it. If you are a brand name fanboy, then go for it. The name means something to that person and is willing to pay that much for it. But if you are a person that prefers function over brand, then an eBay part that does the same thing and is only a 4th of the price is more worth it to some.

I don't want to take away from your sale, but I'm tired of hearing people saying young "noobs", and don't have money. I purchased my Celica for $16k many, many years ago. I've spent probably that much or more in upgrades / maintenance / repairs. I want to be smart with my money. Brand name loyalty is a thing of the past. In some cases, there is no choice, but others, when you have choices that are cheaper, you have to weigh in on what action you want to take.

Trust me, I know how cheap people are these days, and I'm one of them. But is has nothing to do with being young or a noob, etc.
04 GT Action Package "Tsunami Edition" | OBX Short Headers | Megan Racing Adjustable Coil Overs | Megan Racing Front Strut Bar | TRD Big Brake Kit | FR-S / BRZ Rims | Powertech Axle Back Exhaust | 6 Spd Converstion w/ TRD LSD | Speed Source Shifter Cable Bushing Set | SS Braided and vinyl clutch line and brake lines | Short Shifter | Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS

04BlueCeli is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:03 AM   #17
Silverstreak03

Trust me I'm all for functionality and paying less finding it on eBay or Amazon. I've just had bad experience with eBay intakes where it overheated my car until I put the stock airbox back on and the car was fine (not the Celica) which is why I splurged and got the known to work and be good quality brand. I think you may be paying more for the paint jobs fb filter quality along with the name. Cost to make a product is irrelevant when comparing to the time to spent to engineer a product. Anywho..I'm just looking for a buyer to have an opportunity to have a quality part and a piece of mind for the part at much discounted price
Old 05-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #18
Silverstreak03

How about $90 shipped!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:55 PM   #19
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Well, as much as your rant is understood 04BlueCeli, you have evidently erroneously taken my statements far beyond their intent, and chosen to perceive certain comments as a personal offense and an imagined attack on your own position. My comment was directed to the seller, not you in any case.

The first fact is, this guy paid over $200. (if new) for a quality part and has every right to ask for the price he has listed. His asking price shows about a 50% depreciation with is very standard and fair for any quality aftermarket part.

Next, I am an Industrial Designer and am very educated in all aspects of product design and manufacturing. I am probably far more aware of the details regarding design factors of parts and the excessive cost hikes that are all too common with most products (not just car parts). I am sure you have knowingly over paid for a lot of other items, even if you are more frugal with auto parts. Often, you pay more for the packaging than the item inside it (and this doesn't just apply to name brands).

As far as name brands go... try to clarify the intent and context of a person's statements before going off half-cocked. If you think I am advocating buying name brands for sake of name brands, you are dead wrong. I advocate buying quality in any form and sometimes they are name brands like K&N or Injen. Also, you aren't just always paying more for a name, a higher cost may include for example a lifetime warranty that doesn't come with the cheaper knockoffs, and that changes things significantly. Pre-purchase research is always important, and I do my research on all parts and buy based on factors such as manufacturing details, material quality, warranty, customer reviews and customer service... if all those points are ticked by a name brand, than so-be-it.

And finally, my original statement is entirely valid and still stands. There are many cheap noobs that know little about cars, parts or value in general, that complain about paying any fair and reasonable price for any part. Many particularly in their 20s and below (with some exceptions granted) are a very entitled these days and expect to get everything for little or no cost or effort.

You have your opinion and I have mine, but in this case it is a bit more apples and oranges than anything else. You should try not to leap to conclusions, take things far out of context or read in details that were not intended.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:08 AM   #20
04BlueCeli
Celica Enthusiast

I don't want to jack up this thread any more than I have, and I'm sorry for that.

I just wanted my pov. I'm not a kid, I'm not a noob, but for certain items, like a bent piece of aluminum, certain things doesn't make sense to cost that high (meaning original price, not what he's asking price). Do I pay a premium for certain products? Sure. I'm using a MacPro because it's also my work from home computer and I know Apple built it with quality in mind. They didn't skimp on cheap capacitors like Dell or other manufacture do, which will leak right after the warranty ends. So certain things, it does make sense because you know the quality is there.

Others IMO, it just doesn't. Yes, K&N and Injen are huge companies. They spent thousands of dollars to engineer / create this product. BUT having someone in China, take measurements and then bend the pipe to the same specifications, to me doesn't sound like a huge deal. It's almost identical, and all the skills they need is to be able to bend a pipe into a shape, and weld. Woo! It's not like inside are "proprietary" wind channels to help the air flow or some weird crap like that. I'm sure if you have really good friends with a mandrel bender, and good welding skills, can do the same thing for the same amount as the "cheap China" version of this product. The biggest problem with them is that people end up getting a 3" intake diameter and then the MAF doesn't get the proper airflow that it needs, and they almost never advertise the diameter in the cheap ones, they just say it works with this car, have fun.

What's funny is, I purchased a CAI on amazon for less than $50, and it came with a genuine K&N filter. So that tells you how much those filters really cost even with the "lifetime warranty".

And if this was a CAI, then I might have considered purchasing this myself.

I'm not knocking this sale. Anyone can sell whatever they want at whatever price they want. And I hope someone does pick it up, because this way it's a hell of a lot better than buying it brand new straight from K&N at an outrageous price.

I just take offense to the words "young stupid noobs". It can almost be derogatory. With my upbringing, I was not rich whatsoever and worked hard to get where I am now. You just don't know who's on this forum and who else can take offense to what is said, and those are not welcoming words if you first come to this forum and read that. Yes, this is the internet where everyone can hide and say whatever they want, but I hate the FB group that bares this same name of this forum, because of the same reasons. They harbor the "old school" people in there that are very hostile towards "new" people and talk to them like they are idiots and the admins can give a crap less about it. But the other Celica groups are much better and some even have more people.

It just struck a chord with me. It has nothing with being young, or a noob. Kids are smarter these days, and do their homework. To some of us, this car means a lot more because we were there when they came out and are first / second owners. Now this is a used car market for a very old car. And hey, I’m the idiot that kept buying some parts for my project from Toyota websites, before someone told me Rock Auto was a great place to purchase parts for our cars, a hell of a lot cheaper. We’re also not born knowing these things!

Silverstreak03, sorry to jack the thread. Good luck with your sale!! It is a good price!!!
04 GT Action Package "Tsunami Edition" | OBX Short Headers | Megan Racing Adjustable Coil Overs | Megan Racing Front Strut Bar | TRD Big Brake Kit | FR-S / BRZ Rims | Powertech Axle Back Exhaust | 6 Spd Converstion w/ TRD LSD | Speed Source Shifter Cable Bushing Set | SS Braided and vinyl clutch line and brake lines | Short Shifter | Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS

Old 05-19-2017, 05:29 AM   #21
Celi0090

Ghost Dragon has a point. I tried to sell my Tsunami tail lights here for over a year. There are no knock off versions of these lights. They are genuine OEM. I refuse to sell to someone who expects for me to take a loss on something that still holds value. They don't bother me sitting in my storage space, but I'd rather them be enjoyed by someone who pays fair price for them.

The OP's pricing is more than fair. Intakes for my current car go for $200 plus. Intakes aren't just a matter of sticking random piping in place of your air box and calling it a day. Cars nowadays, especially the newer ones, are much more sensitive. The parts I'm currently selling net me little to no financial gain because I know they wouldn't sell if I priced them the way they're supposed to. If you don't believe Ghost Dragon or myself, try walking into a custom wheel shop and telling them that the eBay wheels are $600+ less than theirs.

Some of it is "you pay for the brand". However, in most cases, there is no other reliable and tested alternative.
Celi0090 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:43 AM   #22
04BlueCeli
Celica Enthusiast

Celi0090, I understand. I'm not a wheel person myself, but I have a set that came with my donor. I researched them, and a set of new rims is $900, not including the tires, so I was selling all of it for $850 only 4K miles on each.

I then find someone local that owns a local shop, and I tell him about my tires to see if he knows anyone that might want them. And he tells me, no one is going to spend that much on them. I asked him why. He said because they are crap. They are "cheap knockoffs" and they tend to shear, and people who know the market, would have purchased them, let alone at that price.

So I know there is a time and place for certain items. Now I'm stuck with crap wheels / tires that look nice, but apparently are prone to eventually breaking. So I completely understand certain things.

But that was it. My point / opinion! Not responding anymore and jacking the thread, another time and place! Sorry again!

Old 05-19-2017, 10:50 AM   #23
Silverstreak03

haha hey there's no harm done guys! We're all celica lovers and all have a budget. My roommate gives me hell about me being so cheap myself so I totally understand where 04Blue is coming from. I considered doing an ebay intake myself to save some change but I just didn't want to take a chance of having problems and ending up having to fork out the cash later. Anyways, let's all be friends!
Old 05-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #24
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak03 View Post
Anyways, let's all be friends!

Indeed, or at least let it rest in civility so this guy can just get on with his sale.

I believe all points have been clearly noted and understood by all. No point flogging the deceased equine further.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:12 AM   #25
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

BTW Silverstreak... I'd still like to know exactly what the pipe diameter is on this one, you never pmed me on that.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #26
Silverstreak03

Totally forgot man I appologize! Inside diameter is a 1/16" over 2.5"
Old 05-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #27
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Thanks.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM   #28
brenasuarus

Is this for a GT or GT-S? I have an '02 GT.

Also, is there a CARB EO Number printed on it anywhere (for smog purposes - I live in CA)? Thanks!
brenasuarus is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM   #29
Silverstreak03

I didn't see an EO number but it says it's 50 state compliant on the box. I used it on my 05 gt but should work for gt and gts 00-05 so yes it'll work for your 02 gt

Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #30
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

I think Injen is the only company that mounts an actual CARB EO number on a plate on the pipe, but this intake should be fine too... and I believe you can contact K&N to get a certificate to show at smog stations if needed.

I used to live in L.A. and know they can be kinda anal about it.