18" TRD 5-Spoke Wheels w/Star Specs in Great Shape - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Classifieds > Private 'For Sale' Classifieds > Parts For Sale

Parts For Sale Post here if you are looking to sell a part...

Support NCO
Google

Old 09-13-2016, 07:03 AM   #1
2KGTS

18" TRD 5-Spoke Wheels w/Star Specs in Great Shape

For sale are the 18" TRD 5-spoke silver wheels I had on my 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S. Last year, I moved to Enkei RPF-1s in 17. The 18s are shod in original Dunlop Star Specs with an average of 5mm of tread remaining - from 4.7 - 5.6mm across all four.

My life and work have me at home since late 2009. These tires have seen very few miles. A trip to Texas (DDPR) to install and tune the upgrades on the Celica and a bit of driving after. But I wanted to move to as light as I could go and thus the RPF-1s in 17. These have been in storage every since.

These wheels are 18-in. x 7.5-in. (with 42 mm offset, a 5-on-100 mm bolt circle (P.C.D.) and a 54mm center bore) cast alloy wheels designed specifically for Toyotas. The spokes extend outwards quite a ways and thus most you find are curb-rashed beyond belief.

This is a set of three near-pristine wheels and one with some minor indentation from having been placed spokes-down on a concrete driveway. A wider tire can prevent much of this but risks denting the wheels on crappy Illinois roads. These are extremely difficult to find in good, let alone great, condition. And these have centercaps.

The centercaps suffer from UV exposure. They're like old Chrysler headlights and need to be sanded/buffed and treated to get them back to like-new. But new they run $30-$35 each.

Below are pictures form my cellphone. You can see one spoke that can show the damage in one of the pictures. But, IIRC, 3 of the spokes on that wheel have visible damage. Otherwise, these are in fantastic shape. And the rubber should last two summers, easily.

Pictures below. Asking $800 for the set with tires. The wheels in black alone will run you $222 new before shipping, best price.

I apologize for the cell phone pics. But I can take more and work with anyone that's serious. They're in central Illinois. I can be PM'd here.

The Celica itself should be going up for sale soon. But I'm in no hurry there, either it seems. LOL

Don't hesitate to contact me. I'd LOVE to see these get on a ride that will show them off they way I loved to when I had them mounted!

Thanks.

For Sale Soon: 2000 Liquid Silver GT-S: 187fwhp@218,000 miles
DDPR | Cobb | Apexi | Magnaflow / BC Racing | Hotchkiss | TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
It's like sex with your cute but chubby cousin that one time when you had both had too much wine at Christmas dinner. You know it's wrong, you're not stopping, and you really regret it the next morning. That is poutine, Canada does this 24x7x365. Canada are a bunch of sick bi-lingual metric cousin f*ckers.
2KGTS is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
Omnious
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis

Hey 2KGTS.

Did you forget something?

"Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that has been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye."
Omnious is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #3
2KGTS

Good Lord yes. And you didn't smoke me outta the gate. THANKS!

I c&p'd this from a local board. Crap. I'll get another pic in ASAP w/name and date.

Jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz... LOL

Quote:
It's like sex with your cute but chubby cousin that one time when you had both had too much wine at Christmas dinner. You know it's wrong, you're not stopping, and you really regret it the next morning. That is poutine, Canada does this 24x7x365. Canada are a bunch of sick bi-lingual metric cousin f*ckers.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
2KGTS

PER NC.ORG RULES:

Quote:
Old 09-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #5
Omnious

No prob. I knew you had these anyways, and you've been on the board forever. But rules are rules.

"Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that has been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye."
Old 09-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #6
2KGTS

Quote:
Old 09-16-2016, 04:59 AM   #7
Jack GTS

GLWS, I have the same wheels on my car, and love them!
Jack GTS is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #8
GTS_TRD_00
Chris

Everyone has to play by the rules!! It's bad enough that people like JapUKspares still can do what he did on here!

GTS_TRD_00 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:43 PM   #9
2KGTS

Yep. And thanks for the free bump!

Quote:
Old 10-04-2016, 07:00 AM   #10
2KGTS

Is anyone having trouble seeing the pics? They're posted on postimage.org. I'm being told by someone they can't see them. All works every time for me. Thanks.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #11
Omnious

I have no trouble seeing them.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:21 PM   #12
kaizer_soze
Spanning Tree Storm

At work I couldn't see them. At home they are fine.BTW nice wheels

03 TS, 7" Kenwood DNX9990 GPS, all LED but low beam with OEM HID & Philips Ultrablue bulbs, 18" Jade-R
OE dynamic "body" kit, all blue led interior, GT28RS, BC coilovers, wilwood BBK, JDM clear taillights, Mahle, Supertech, ACL...
kaizer_soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #13
Omnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer_soze View Post
At work I couldn't see them.
Does your workplace have internet filters in place?

Old 10-04-2016, 05:29 PM   #14
2KGTS

Thanks all - and I like your five spokes, too!

Quote:
Old 10-26-2016, 07:36 AM   #15
2KGTS

Last bump for '16. Putting them in storage!

Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 02:24 PM   #16
cmcontroversy

Still have these?
cmcontroversy is online now   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:11 AM   #17
2KGTS

I moved them into storage when I mounted my snows, but yes!

Quote:
Old 11-30-2016, 05:41 PM   #18
cmcontroversy

Just wondering. Just got some yesterday kind of in bad condition so yeah I was looking at these as well but the other guy gave them to me for a steal thanks though
cmcontroversy is online now   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:01 AM   #19
2KGTS

They're very hard to come by in decent condition, let alone the great shape mine are in. I hope they serve you well!

Quote:
Old 04-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #20
2KGTS

Spring 2017 bump!

Price drop! $600 picked up!

Quote:
Old 04-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #21
2KGTS

Thank you for the interest in the wheels. But I'm very unlikely to ship these things. I won't do it without proper protection for the wheels. I've been on the tragic receiving end of that before. So, boxes, extra cardboard or something for padding, etc. It's gotta be well over $100 to ship them, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2017, 08:49 PM   #22
Grinding Gears

I've been looking at them for a while and I really dig them, buy they'd be too yuge on my XRS Corolla. Bump for a good price though.

These even come with an actual nice set of tires too not some beat up pepboys sale rack hoops.

$700 shipped is still a good deal.
Grinding Gears is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:22 AM   #23
2KGTS

Thanks for the nice words and bump!

And here are a couple of things to look at!

http://s69.photobucket.com/user/shft...s/008.jpg.html

http://s69.photobucket.com/user/shft...s/011.jpg.html

http://s400.photobucket.com/user/can..._0558.jpg.html

Quote: