NewCelica.org Forum banner

Holy sh*t look what i found!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7K views 58 replies 29 participants last post by  TruStock 
#1 ·
#4 ·
:drool:-Dear Santa!

I'd buy it if I didn't have to install that ugly TRD hood for it. :thumbdown

#7 ·
I think it would be pretty kewl to maybe cut a hole in the hood so that the charger stuck up threw the hood! Be pretty sick to have people look over and see that thing sticking up threw the hood! That guy is insane for selling it so cheap!!!!

#14 ·
Wasn't there one in NC on craigslist for like $600 a couple weeks ago?....Guess I should have drove over there, grabbed it then hawked it on eBay for a profit.

I think it would be pretty kewl to maybe cut a hole in the hood so that the charger stuck up threw the hood!
There is a picture floating around of a red celica with just this......it looks all kinds of retarded.

#8 ·
It will close over 2 grand I bet,

It's a nice piece though, makes for a REALLY fun daily driver. Wish I had the money :\

Maybe put some sort of window on the hood?

PS: If anybody wants to buy this for me, I'll pay you back with a high five :gap:

#9 ·
Well it has a buy it now for 1600. I bet that it will go quick.

#11 ·
^Why do you say that? It is an entire kit for $1600 vs $2500+ for a turbo kit. I think it would be well worth it. I HIGHLY prefer SC over T. More power all the way threw the rev range and more torque all the way threw the revs.

#20 ·
I just prefer supercharged cars over turbo. I have owned 2 SC cars. Currently own Grand Prix GTP. Have owned Monte Carlo SS Supercharged. Just recently sold my Passat 1.8 Turbo. And i use to have a Chevy Cruse RS Turbo. All FUN and FAST cars but i will ALWAYS love SC cars

#27 ·
Be careful if any of you guys plan on buying that TRD SC.
Cause his Trader feedback is low and ONLY 2 out of 12 has left him a trader feeback comment.
If you're an ebaY person, you'll know having a high feedback and a positive customer comments is very important. :popcorn::eatpop:

#28 ·
be careful if any of you guys plan on buying that trd sc.
Cause his trader feedback is low and only 2 out of 12 has left him a trader feeback comment.
If you're an ebay person, you'll know having a high feedback and a positive customer comments is very important. :popcorn::eatpop:
x2

#29 ·
A TRD S/C would be ideal for daily driving IMO. It'd give the car a lot more pep and less maintenance/things to worry about.

Also it's a really simple installation compared to a full blown turbo, and it's TRD designed for the stock motor, which means you're not likely to take the 1zz beyond its limits and blow something up.

#33 ·
I would also like to know the answer to this. Seems how you can use the TRD ECU and the Air/Fuel crap is already taken care of for you by Toyota Racing Department. :wiggle:

#40 ·
I was watching the SC but the bidding went up after a while. At 1600 hundred and factoring in the cost of the hood, injectors, piggyback, throttle body and tune, it wouldnt be worth it to a celica gt. I guess if you were a matrix or corrolla owner its fine, just bolt and go, no tune, modding or custom work required.

#47 ·
^WTF is this! :mad:

But even though you wouldn't be making as much power you would be making more power than factory....safer.

#54 ·
Didn't want a debate on whether turbo is better than supercharger. I want to know if the TRD ECU is compatible with the Celica?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.