NewCelica.org Forum banner

suggestions wanted! manual gt vs auto gt-s!

6K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  ginobendezu 
#1 ·
so a friend of mine has an 01 (i think 01 or 00) gts automatic. all he has is an exhaust and sri. he wants to race (which i really have no problem with) but id also like to make a little bit of cash ;) lol. the thing is i have an 04 gt w a manual trans w a short shifter (if it makes a diff). sri and high flow cat-con, strut bars and tie bars (which doesnt really do much power wise) im thinking about putting an exhaust soon and headers as well. do i even have a chance? what do you guys think i should do? put some $$ down or just go for a friendly run?

p.s. for the exhaust and headers i was thinking about getting option racing exhaust or SRS exhaust and a DC header (ceramic 4-2-1). is there a difference w a dc ceramic header vs an ebay dc style steel header? 4-2-1? anyone that has either please let me know, same with exhaust system

#5 ·
You will win if you know how to drive. Don't race on public roads.
we're gonna do it on the highway. it has a traffic light and two lanes so we'll be in diff lanes. its a straight road for a good mile or two. should i put money down?

Highway is a public road. Keep it on the track. Take out back seats, spare tire, passenger seat.

#10 ·
I'd vote for the GT manual.

As for the race, make sure you fully understand that what you are doing is a felony in many states and will get your car impounded, or worse, crushed, your license suspended, and you will virtually be un-insurable if you are caught by a cop who feels like being an ass.

That aside, I don't judge. Knock yourself out and have fun!

#14 ·
You guys need to get the hell over the search button.

If he wants opinions on his specific set up then he's going to make a new thread.

You all act like your ass is bleeding because someone opened a new topic. If you don't like it, don't read it, don't post in it.

Sooooooooo sick of the "use search" whining.

#18 ·
DC headers sure but option racing or SRS exhaust = ebay crap dont bother with it..

Keep the racing on the track and money in both yall pockets, no need to lose a fellow celica owner/buddy over some loose change. You can learn more about both your cars from friendly races. ;)

As far as your GT vs his GTS, it comes down to you as the driver.. without lift you have no top end so dont take it there, all you got is torque. You have a better chance from a ditch than from a rolling start...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.