NewCelica.org Forum banner

Washer pump replacement - Help!

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Silverstreak03 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

My washer pump died on me a few days back, just when I needed it most, given all the recent snow and sludge on the road.
I'm going to replace it but first I want to take a look at the connectors for damage or oxidation. It would suck to buy a new pump just to find a bit of rust in the connectors.
What's the fastest/easiest way to get to the pump on a 7th Gen. Do I need to remove the right ride wheel and the wheel wheel or do I need to take the front bumper off?
Given the ''- degree'' temperature I'm trying to find the way that requires less work.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Hi, I'm pretty sure you just need to remove the front bumper to have access to it. Pretty easy and quick! Let me know if you need some spare parts, I have the whole whasher pump & tank^^ :smoke: Good luck!

#7 ·
I just swapped mine out a couple weeks ago. *I got a used oem pump from Japukspares for $25 shipped. Turn the wheel all the way to the left and remove the plastic wheel well cover. The pump has two hoses one for the rear and one for the front with the connector on the top. After those are removed just pull the bad boy out. (Keep in mind washer fluid is going to be pouring out and be very cold lol) pop the new one in and hook up the hoses/connection. Done. Also check your fluid and put more in so you don't burn this one haha you can take a small safety pin to clean your nozzles and check if your hood isn't pinching the lines when it's shut

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.