NewCelica.org Forum banner

Wheel/Tire Fitment Discussion

954K views 5K replies 338 participants last post by  Auto[BoT]_GTS 
#1 ·
Hello there,

I would like to know what the widest wheel that you can fit on both the front and rear of your Celicas are and what the correct offset would be to have the wheel be perfectly flush with the fenders.

For example, on my Celica Alltrac, I know that the front can take a 9 inch wide wheel with anywhere from a 28 to 30 offset while the rear can take a 9 inch wide wheel with anywhere from 11 to 30 offset. 11 being the closest to being flush.

In addition we can fit a 235 wide tire on the front and rear on those 9 inch wide wheels.

A 10' wide wheel can be put into the back of my AllTrac but then more care has to be taken into matching the circumferance of the front and rear wheels due to the all wheel drive system.

So does anyone know what the widest wheel is and maybe do they have pictures of the setup on their car?

#2 ·
I think the offset on my CE's are perfect, 18x8.5 with +42 (or +44 I forget) mm offset. I've heard people fitting 9 inches in the rear before but thats overkill, I personally think 8.5 is going overboard. I had a set of TE's once that had the perfect offset EVAR, 18.7.5 +30mm on the rear, +35 offset for the front.

#5 ·
DYI01 said:
I have a 17x8's with a +35 offset. I had to roll the rear fenders to keep it from rubbing. The front is fine. I am running 245's tho.
Yup, your tires caused the rubbing.
17x8 +35 wheels are a perfect fit with 215/45/17 tires or even 225/40/17.

#7 ·
lpphreakx06 said:
I think the offset on my CE's are perfect, 18x8.5 with +42 (or +44 I forget) mm offset. I've heard people fitting 9 inches in the rear before but thats overkill, I personally think 8.5 is going overboard. I had a set of TE's once that had the perfect offset EVAR, 18.7.5 +30mm on the rear, +35 offset for the front.
Do you have any side pics of your car I'd like to see how much lip you get with +44?

#8 ·
Dont have any pics of it on my car, but here a couple I snapped. I didnt realize how much less of a lip 7.5 is compared to 8.5.

G-games 18x7.5 +42 offset

Both
Volk LE28N 18x8.5 +44

Specs on your CE's?

#13 · (Edited)
lpphreakx06 said:
Wait are you talking about a 7th gen?
Yes, if you are talking about your kind of Celica then yes the 7th gen. Tulgeywood99 is my fiancee and she has a 2003 Celica GT. She has the 15x6.5 wheels in chrome and the chrome is just starting the beginning of the end of it's life. I did put 225/50/15 tires on them and she loves the way it drives now and also the way it looks. I know that eventually the wheels will need to be replaced so I wanted to see what is the widest wheel that will fit front and rear would be for her.

She wants me to fix it up a little anyhow. So I'm just researching the options.

Does anyone have side shots showing how close their wheels come to their fenders?

Has anyone put these wheels from TTE on their Celica and do they know the offsets: http://www.tte.de/popup/TTE/cm_celica_wheels.htm

#17 ·
^Exotic II are you putting those on your car? I always wanted to see what the staggered-look looks like. One thing I like about the Tork wheel is the chrome lips. The 18x9 is for the rear, not the front. But the setup and offset would make it sit very nicely fush both front and rear.

#18 ·
^ 18"x9"'s are going on the rear. I will be running 225/40ZR18 Nitto 555 in the front and 255/35ZR18 Nitto 555 in the rear. I will have to roll the rear fender, but that is about it. I am running the Eibach Pro kit so I should not rub. I will post pictures as soon as they are installed.

#19 ·
Exotic II said:
^ 18"x9"'s are going on the rear. I will be running 225/40ZR18 Nitto 555 in the front and 255/35ZR18 Nitto 555 in the rear. I will have to roll the rear fender, but that is about it. I am running the Eibach Pro kit so I should not rub. I will post pictures as soon as they are installed.
Have you installed the wheels yet? I am curious to see the horizontal side shots to see how much those wheels line up with the fenders.

Nice wheels though!!

#22 · (Edited)
Exotic II said:
^If I had to do it again, I would have run 245/4018 instead. I don't think I would have to roll fender.
That rear fender lip looks pretty hard to roll, I don't know if it is or isn't but it certainly feels like that lip is pretty hefty compared the fender lips on my older Celica.

It looks pretty nice and flush though. :thumbup:

I hope to have wheels on my Alltrac looking as nice as yours eventually.
Luckily for me I can fit 17x9 Front and Rear:

#23 ·
lpphreakx06 said:
So our wheels should have about the same lip, your low offset makes up for the .5 loss in width. Do you have pics?
I'll have to take some new one's my car is in the shop right now. :(

#26 ·
Totoy Bibo said:
Ive read somewhere in [Celicatech] that there was a widebody and regularbody for the 5GC? Which one would yours be??
I have a Turbo Alltrac which makes it a Widebody. The only regular bodied Alltracs I believe were only sold in Japan. My GT-S is also a Widebody but it's my beater car and unless we don't end up buying a Subaru next year I won't do much to it short of keeping it running. My Alltrac is what I'm trying to restore and then eventually build up. In case someone doesn't know what that is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica_GT-Four#ST185_.281989-1993.29

#27 ·
lpphreakx06 said:
Dont have any pics of it on my car, but here a couple I snapped. I didnt realize how much less of a lip 7.5 is compared to 8.5.

G-games 18x7.5 +42 offset

Both
Volk LE28N 18x8.5 +44

Specs on your CE's?
Were you able to put those 8.5 wide rims on the front as well lpphreakx06?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.