NewCelica.org Forum banner

celica leather seats

10K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  ajh1717 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 celica GT and Im looking to purchase leather seats from a member here. The leather seats are from a 2001 celica GTS.
My question is, are the seats interchangeable like they bolt right in no mods or changing or anything from the front and back seats?

#3 ·
they have diffenrent leathers in 04?
the seller said they are black and gray at the back.

also are the 03+ leather perfoarated?

how much to they usually go for in good condition? the entire set front and rear leather 03+?

how much is 01 for set front and rear leather seats set in good condition?

#4 ·
The pre-03 leather has black leather only on the front seats, and even the backs of those are gray, along with the back seats being gray. 03+ leather is perforated and black all around to be consistent with the whole 03+ interior. I can't really comment on price, though, I've never had to purchase any.

#7 ·
^Agree.

I like the 'perforated' leather in the 03+ leather seats better than the earlier ones. I think this was a 03+ thing. Also like the fact the seat backs are the same color leather as the front

By broderp at 2010-10-21

By broderp at 2010-10-21

#8 ·
animal or fake leather

Necromancing an old thread for a new question.

Are the leather seats on the 2003 T-Sport (in europe) aka GTS of animal or synthetic origin?

I have a chance to buy one but all TSports in Europe were shipped with ****ing leather seats.

I can't stand leather, the thought of skinned animals makes me vomit.

Alcantara and other microfabric materials, on the other hand... mmmmm....

#9 ·
well it's leather and not skai / vinyl etc, so it should be animal skin as in the skin they take off when they make the burgers for the local MC Donalds.

Buy it and change the seats with someone that has fabric seats, many would probably love to make a swap with you, I know I would if I had fabric seats.

#10 ·
The backseats should be fine to change. If the front leather seats have airbags on the sides, you can still use the seats, just not the airbags unless you have the harness to them.

#11 ·
Also keep in mind that the seatbelt buckles are different on the 2000-2001 Celicas versus the 2002-2005 Celicas. The rear won't matter since you will be keeping those buckles in place, on the fronts you will want to use the buckles from your 2004 seats.

#13 ·
To comment on the European guy.

Not all European03+ T-Sports where sold with leather, many are with cloth interior, in most countries Leather was a extra, and often costs 1000 or more Euro to add, so plenty of buyers didn't go for the option.

And the rear seats aren't leather. (at least here in Europe they aren't) the 03+ do have the same perforated leather in the front but the rear is plain black and isn't real leather, is clearly says so in the brochure.

The leather options (or Celicas in general) all differ Europe from country to country, all have their own specs.
If I'm correct the UK 03+ T-Sport models have 2 Tone leather as standard .

Where other countries don't have the special T-Sport leather seats.

Also are there options for Alcantara and other colors (leather) in many countries.

Alcantara version of the British Celica GT (note, it's not the same as a US spec GT (a British GT is a 03+ T-Sport with some extras on it (yes picture is of a 00-02 model)

#15 ·
Hey thanks for the input guys.

2 years ago when I was looking to buy a Mazdaspeed6 I had the plan to swap the seats with a regular 6 owner, but in the end I never got the car in the first place, thus promptly retarding my brain and forgetting my seat swapping scheme.

And now I shall proceed to some other section of this great forum to ask about what's it like to live with a 2ZZ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.