Readers Rides Lets See Your Rides

Support NCO
Google

Old 07-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
trd_zzt231
Supporter

2001 Celica ZZT231 - Project Codename "Dorisu"

Hey all,
This is my latest project, a 2001 Celica SX, codenamed "Dorisu" which is the nane Doris in Japanese

The car is stock as a rock at the moment, and it needed a really good clean/polish, there was areas that had build up of dirt in areas around the lights, in the sill between the doors and near the bonnet hinges (amongst countless other areas lol)

It drives beautifully, the gearbox is nice and tight. 4th gear syncro on down gear is a bit meh but I fell in love with the rest of the condition of the car which is really great. The clear on the bumper is a bit average (whats left of it lol) but I had hopes to replace the front bumper with either a trd one or another white one with a front lip already installed, and the rear bumper would be replaced also.

I've got some ideas for mods but I have left it open enough for some of the boxes to get ticked off below but don't mind if not all are done:

Current Mods
Whiteline 20mm Rear Sway Bar
King Spring Lows
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust with Redback Muffler
ZR Scuff Plates
ZR Pedal Set
TRD Sideskirts

Prospect mods for Dorisu
White TRD Sideskirts
White TRD Front Lip (will buy complete with white bumper
White TRD Rear Lip (will buy complete with white bumper
Aftermarket Rear Sway Bar
5x100 Wheels (preferably 17" 7.5" wide and 35 offset)
Short Ram Intake
Extractors and Cat Back (or complete) exhaust

Unlikely but still probable Mods for Dorisu
DD Intake Manifold
Power FC
Stage 2 MWR Cams

Bag was placed over battery to keep the water off it while I was detailing the engine bay

Last edited by trd_zzt231; 08-09-2015 at 05:31 PM..
trd_zzt231 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #2
CRBCelica

go with a wider wheel width, youll be more happy.

02 Celica GT- Garage Queen 2zz 6spd Turbocharged
96 Celica GT- RIP 9/13/15
14 Camry SE- Daily Driver

Garret GT2871R HKS C-ONE TRIAL TRD CarbignCraft BrashBoy RMM Skunk2 Projectkics BC Racing RAYS GRAMLIGHTS SEIBON

CRBCelica is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRBCelica View Post
go with a wider wheel width, youll be more happy.
How wide would u recommend? I would prefer to not need to roll the guards.

Thanks

Old 07-20-2015, 11:16 PM   #4
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Wheel width fitment is obviously often dependent upon factors such as the wheel diameter & offset, intended tire size and your intended drop... but you should be able to mount some types of 8.5" wheels on the rear at least, without rolling fenders (if that is what you mean by guards). Fronts might be limited to 8" without fender rolling, if dropped enough. In almost all cases though 8" is workable all-round on the 7th gen all the way up to even a big 19" diameter.

I am dropped all the way down on Tein SSP coils in the front & nearly all the way in the rear, with 8.5" front and 9.5" rear, but my rears are rolled and tires are stretched a bit.

TRIAL . C-ONE . MWR . VEILSIDE . ACT . VARRSTOEN . TEIN . ANSA . BEATRUSH . EBC . INJEN . TRD . BRASHBOY . OH MY!
Ghost Dragon is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:21 AM   #5
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Thanks very much for your recommendations.

I've always enjoyed the short ram intake on my previous car. I must admit I didn't mind a power drop due to heat. haha

Got some bits over the weekend. Should be off to a great start.

Got a rear lip, pair of sideskirts, pair of zr scuff plates, a zr foot rest (brushed alloy) and a zr accelerator pedal.

Had a chance to buy some wheels (didn't know the offset at the time) at the same time, they ended up being 18x8 with an offset of 45+. I wonder How bad will these look?

Last edited by trd_zzt231; 07-27-2015 at 04:36 PM..
Old 07-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #6
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by trd_zzt231 View Post
Thanks very much for your recommendations.

Had a chance to buy some wheels (didn't know the offset at the time) at the same time, they ended up being 18x8 with an offset of 45+. I wonder How bad will these look?

No worries, glad to help if I can.

I think you will find the 18x8 +45et wheels to be very sunken looking, especially in the rear. You could use adapters to get them out more if you want, or just go with another set for that. You may also find that they are a bit closer than you might want to the lower arm in the rear.

TRIAL . C-ONE . MWR . VEILSIDE . ACT . VARRSTOEN . TEIN . ANSA . BEATRUSH . EBC . INJEN . TRD . BRASHBOY . OH MY!
Old 07-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #7
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dragon View Post
No worries, glad to help if I can.

I think you will find the 18x8 +45et wheels to be very sunken looking, especially in the rear. You could use adapters to get them out more if you want, or just go with another set for that. You may also find that they are a bit closer than you might want to the lower arm in the rear.
Thanks again

Your not wrong there regarding the offset. After thinking about what you said I decided to take my time a bit more and find another set of wheels. They are pretty scratched up and not worth the time to fix em up.

Not too much done to the car today, finally got around to installing the 2 new struts on the rear, got 2 zr scuff plates and a zr foot rest and accelerator pedal so far. Need to find an alloy brake and clutch pedal and i'm set haha.

Hoping to lower the car this week.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #8
Bitter

Oh man, those are the exact scuff plates I'm always looking for and can never find. Gray plastic with red lettering! Hook me up with a set too will ya?
Originally Posted by JCMiller View Post
I'm gay
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98
no, don't even waste your time. if you want a honest sticker, at least get one that says "objects in mirror aren't really racing, so quit trying"...
Bitter is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:08 AM   #9
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

IMO, the car is worth taking your time on and fixing up nicely. So far, you have some nice parts and a good looking car, so good luck on your build and feel free to contact me if you have any need of further help. I'll keep checkin in to see how she's lookin though.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:33 PM   #10
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
Oh man, those are the exact scuff plates I'm always looking for and can never find. Gray plastic with red lettering! Hook me up with a set too will ya?
Hahaha they are awesome aren't they. We have them on the "ZR" model in Australia, I was lucky someone had a set on the car they are wrecking.

Quote:
IMO, the car is worth taking your time on and fixing up nicely. So far, you have some nice parts and a good looking car, so good luck on your build and feel free to contact me if you have any need of further help. I'll keep checkin in to see how she's lookin though.
Thanks for your really nice comments. I found out that the rear tabs on the rear lip I bought were actually snapped off on one side, since I still need to spray them white I am not sure if I will keep them or buy a white set (might take quite a while). One of the tabs (that clicks into side of car) had broken on the sideskirts too. I don't really want to let them go hahaha.

I have a few small updates so far, trying to do all the small cheap things first that add to the car being more me.

Hoping to get a new exhaust this weekend. I didn't end up keeping those wheels (sold them last night).

Got the Shiny Scuff plates installed:

Also got around to installing my gaiter boot. Definitely needs a new gear knob still.

And managed to install the foot rest and accelerator pedal (could only get these as the car was auto, will hunt for a set of brake/clutch alloy pedals hopefully in the next few weeks)

I also ordered a 20mm Whiteline Rear Sway bar which I am hoping to put on after the new exhaust is on (much easier to do).
Old 07-27-2015, 05:57 PM   #11
Bitter

How much to get and ship a set to the USA? Zipcode 60449 with the cheapest shipping, I'm a patient man.
I'm gay
Quote:
no, don't even waste your time. if you want a honest sticker, at least get one that says "objects in mirror aren't really racing, so quit trying"...
Old 07-27-2015, 05:59 PM   #12
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
How much to get and ship a set to the USA? Zipcode 60449 with the cheapest shipping, I'm a patient man.
Thats a great question, I will have to keep a look out if I know of any for sale in Australia. Are there any factory models that come with them in USA? Do you have 2 models of GTS like we do? We basically have a GTS SX and a GTS ZR (but its not called a GTS, all zzt231 in australia have the 2ZZGE).
Old 07-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #13
Bitter

NOTHING in the US came with sills like that, all models came with plain gray (or black after 03) sills with no metal plates. We simply have the ZZT230 which is a GT that has a 1ZZ and 5spd/4spd auto with rear drum brakes or a ZZT231 which has a 6spd or sport-shift 4spd auto with rear disc brakes. Either could be optioned with wing, sunroof, leather, premium audio, Toyota VIP alarm/entry system, and 16" wheels but most GTS came loaded with all options. I've been hunting these door sills (what we commonly call them) for several years off and on with no luck. The blue with black or red with black pop up from time to time from people in Europe but the red with gray are very uncommon to see. I like unique OEM parts, I just recently got some OEM HID headlamps and installed custom made one off LED turn signals in them.
I'm gay
Quote:

Last edited by Bitter; 07-27-2015 at 06:31 PM..
Old 07-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #14
Bitter

I don't know if they sell Lexus down there but up here Lexus come with chromed door latch strikers that really class up the car, the little details you know?

I'm gay
Quote:
Old 07-27-2015, 09:36 PM   #15
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

I have those Lexus strikers on my Celi, great simple addition that makes the car feel a little nicer overall.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #16
Bitter

Yep, something small and simple that really cleans it up and makes it unique.
I'm gay
Quote:
Old 08-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #17
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
NOTHING in the US came with sills like that, all models came with plain gray (or black after 03) sills with no metal plates. We simply have the ZZT230 which is a GT that has a 1ZZ and 5spd/4spd auto with rear drum brakes or a ZZT231 which has a 6spd or sport-shift 4spd auto with rear disc brakes. Either could be optioned with wing, sunroof, leather, premium audio, Toyota VIP alarm/entry system, and 16" wheels but most GTS came loaded with all options. I've been hunting these door sills (what we commonly call them) for several years off and on with no luck. The blue with black or red with black pop up from time to time from people in Europe but the red with gray are very uncommon to see. I like unique OEM parts, I just recently got some OEM HID headlamps and installed custom made one off LED turn signals in them.
Oh I see, I will have to keep a look out for the red/black ones if I see some in Australia I will be sure to let you know. I love OEM parts too, I would love to get OEM HID Headlamps (I guess those might have been from the TRDM model?) I'd love to drive a TRD-M zzt231, personally I reckon a stock ZZT231 goes well enough (especially with some bolt ons), let alone with all that structural improvement and engine work haha.

[QUOTE=Bitter;6088337]I don't know if they sell Lexus down there but up here Lexus come with chromed door latch strikers that really class up the car, the little details you know?

Your not wrong there, I bet they look superb on the car. Have you ever noticed these bolts that hold the strikers on are really tight? Can't remember what car it was but I tried taking them off on one car and even though I used a perfect fit screw driver bit, it was actually rounding off the screw thread. Are there any lexus models in particular that I could try source these from at the wreckers? Maybe you might have a OEM part number that would help heaps.

Quote:
I have those Lexus strikers on my Celi, great simple addition that makes the car feel a little nicer overall.
I reckon they would look really nice too. Pity there is no way to make metal black without it flaking off. I reckon black would look great too.

Quote:
Yep, something small and simple that really cleans it up and makes it unique.
Its definitely on my list now hehe. Now to look out for a pair haha.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #18
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Also got around to installing my lowered springs. Actually thats technically a lie, we only got the fronts in hahaha. I had to use my current shocks as the ones that came with the king springs were pretty stuffed. Eventually i'd love to find the money for some AGK shocks one day but this option will definitely help for now.

Also got around to plastidipping my sideskirts white so I can fit them without looking a bit strange (they are silver from factory). Its awesome fitting OEM stuff because they fit so well. I think I need to take them off again and hit them with the heat gun as one side isn't sitting against the front 1/4 panel 100%.

I didn't get around to fitting the rear lip yet. I was going to ask if anyone remembers how to know where to drill the 2 holes on either side of each wheel?
Old 08-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #19
Bitter

Did your 00-02 get black or gray interiors? I'm gray so looking for gray sills with the red plates.
I'm gay
Quote:
Old 08-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #20
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Did your 00-02 get black or gray interiors? I'm gray so looking for gray sills with the red plates.
We had gray interiors in 00-02. I quite like the grey interior. What about you? Do you prefer the black interior?
Old 08-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #21
Bitter

I like the gray as well, but it seems to get dingy too easily. I'm ALWAYS cleaning my door panels and always lifting dirt off them. Even with some strong cleaners it never seems to stay clean. On the other hand, if I had black I'd be bitching about dust all the time...

Please let me know if you run across another set of the gray sills with red plates, I'll buy them barring some ludicrous cost. If there's any US market things you want let me know and maybe we can trade some parts?
I'm gay
Quote:
Old 08-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #22
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Yeah no worries mate I will be sure to keep an eye out for you. Thanks for the heads up on teh US Market parts. I would say aftermarket parts seem to be a bit easier to source (like MWR stage 2 cams and DD Intake manifolds etc).

Is there any other bits you might be after that we have which are hard to find in USA?

Its amazing with a bit of help from each other the distance between us is so much smaller.

Thought I would post up some photos. Just a few notes, the rear springs are still factory (didn't get enough time to do the rears lol), the sideskirts and rear lip (where pictured) are actually plastidipped so the colour may be a little off (but better than having them silver on the car lol)

Definitely need to get some wheels at some stage, but i've set my budget pretty limited on this project (so it will take me a while to allocate money into wheels). Just didn't want to put too much into it all at the same time (regretted it in the past). I'm enjoying the journey more than ever on this ride.

Testing Rear Lip (still needs more plastidip lol):

Old 08-02-2015, 08:52 PM   #23
Bitter

Oh man, that's some serious rake going on! Looks like a drag car.
I don't know what else you guys got that we didn't. Even your antenna is in a different location than ours, we have them on the right rear fender.

Have you considered the OEM 16" wheels? They look nice on a nearly stock car with a drop.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2.jpg~original
I'm gay
Quote:
Old 08-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #24
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Oh man, that's some serious rake going on! Looks like a drag car.
I don't know what else you guys got that we didn't. Even your antenna is in a different location than ours, we have them on the right rear fender.

Have you considered the OEM 16" wheels? They look nice on a nearly stock car with a drop.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2.jpg~original
Hahaha your telling me. It feels sooo strange to drive with. It feels so strange to drive with the front lowered, dragster for sure lmao.

Thats a good question re the differences. I wonder why they made certain changes for different markets.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #25
Bitter

Because the US gets the wimpy watered down stuff all the time.
I'm gay
Quote:
Old 08-03-2015, 03:55 PM   #26
zrb

Yeah, but in Australia you can't find all the parts you can in the US.

The only thing Australia has on the US is that the GT(SX) GTS(ZR) both have the 2zz engine with 6-speed gear box.

So we don't get that nasty 1zz engine and 5-speed gear box.
zrb is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #27
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Because the US gets the wimpy watered down stuff all the time.
I must admit I wish we had a Monkey Wrench Racing down this way, it seems us in Australia never seem to get the same parts availability for certain cars. I'd have a shopping list 10 pages long if we did have a MWR close lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrb View Post
Yeah, but in Australia you can't find all the parts you can in the US.

The only thing Australia has on the US is that the GT(SX) GTS(ZR) both have the 2zz engine with 6-speed gear box.

So we don't get that nasty 1zz engine and 5-speed gear box.

That is also true ZRB.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:05 AM   #28
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Lookin clean overall, but you have got to drop that thing... the 4x4 dragster look has got to go!

Also, when you mount that rear lip and drop it a bit, it will make the front bumper clearance look even higher, so you will probably want to mount a lip or front that sits a bit lower to have an overall flow. Jealous of your repeater fenders though, I still want a set of those myself.

What wheels are you thinking of? Style? fitment?

Old 08-05-2015, 06:55 PM   #29
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Hahaha well rear is a bit lower now. I am using King Spring Lows, the fronts aren't bad height wise its just the rear.

These 15's are killing the looks though (and lack of front and rear lip lmao)
Old 08-05-2015, 07:25 PM   #30
Bitter

Is that with the rear springs installed? That looks like stock height back there. Maybe try some Tien S-tech or some BC coil overs.
I'm gay
Quote:
Old 08-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #31
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Is that with the rear springs installed? That looks like stock height back there. Maybe try some Tien S-tech or some BC coil overs.
Strangely enough thats with the lowered springs on the rear. My last zzt231 was lower with the same springs

Are Tein S springs captive in the strut? I am saving up for some AGK Shocks one day ohh yeah......
Old 08-05-2015, 07:46 PM   #32
Bitter

Yea, all the springs on Celica are around the strut. Tien also makes coilovers, pricey but good.
I'm gay
Quote:
Old 08-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #33
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Yea, all the springs on Celica are around the strut. Tien also makes coilovers, pricey but good.
Oh sorry meant to say, can u move the tein S springs once they are in the strut (but out of the car). They normally call it "uncaptive" if it wobbles around. Means the spring is too short height wise for the strut.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #34
Bitter

Oh got it, different terms for different continents. I'm not sure.
I'm gay
Quote:
Old 08-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #35
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

IMO, I wouldn't bother with AGK or S-Tech... go for full Tein Super Street coils with pillowball uppers for great performance and good drop, or BC BR coils for great drop.

Also the best rim diameters for our cars are 17" and 18", anything smaller or larger looks odd.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #36
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Oh got it, different terms for different continents. I'm not sure.
Yeah your right there, its interesting we that call a front fender a 1/4 panel in Australia too.

Quote:
IMO, I wouldn't bother with AGK or S-Tech... go for full Tein Super Street coils with pillowball uppers for great performance and good drop, or BC BR coils for great drop.

Also the best rim diameters for our cars are 17" and 18", anything smaller or larger looks odd.
Great suggestions, I must admit I have always been a traditional shock/strut sorta guy, I've had coilovers in the past but they are a often a bit too stiff for my daily.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:35 AM   #37
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
Great suggestions, I must admit I have always been a traditional shock/strut sorta guy, I've had coilovers in the past but they are a often a bit too stiff for my daily.
The ride stiffness all really depends on your drop and the spring rates, which can be customized by installing custom springs on your coils for softer ride if you wish. Not to mention the tire size also affects the overall ride comfort. I bet you could find a happy balance between ride comfort and ride height (ergo improved handling as well as aesthetics) with the right set-up.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #38
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
The ride stiffness all really depends on your drop and the spring rates, which can be customized by installing custom springs on your coils for softer ride if you wish. Not to mention the tire size also affects the overall ride comfort. I bet you could find a happy balance between ride comfort and ride height (ergo improved handling as well as aesthetics) with the right set-up.
Yeah thats very true. Our laws unfortunately specify that if the car can be adjusted in height to a point that is lower than 100mm then the suspension components are not ADR approved/legal. Hence why i've always moved more towards strut/spring combos

So far the car has been absolutely awesome. The accessory belt is making the car sound really cheap at the moment, the stupid squeal. I will have to grab a belt hopefully in the next week or so.

I have my favourite wheels in mind at the moment, i've never bought new wheels before but these are my favourite by far.

Lenso D01
My only problem is it comes in 4 offsets and i'm not quite sure which option to go for:

Here was the size in mind: 17x8"

Offsets available are +20,+33,+38,+42

I will definitely not be getting the guards rolled, so I do want to make sure they fit without any issues at all

Last edited by trd_zzt231; 08-09-2015 at 08:47 PM..
Old 08-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #39
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Heres a bad mock up by me

and another mock with inspiration from Noogstar hehe*
Old 08-09-2015, 06:31 PM   #40
zrb

Please don't remove the rear wing/spoiler. Looks sexy in white.
zrb is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #41
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrb View Post
Please don't remove the rear wing/spoiler. Looks sexy in white.
Thanks mate. Do you like my photoshop skills hehe.

I really love the factory spoiler. my last car had the trd spoiler, and I think this time round I prefer the original one.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #42
mrfunny107

IDK how I feel about the front and rear lips...

But damn and I thought Australia would be cool with car modifications....

Too much.....
mrfunny107 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #43
mrfunny107

Quote:
Yeah thats very true. Our laws unfortunately specify that if the car can be adjusted in height to a point that is lower than 100mm then the suspension components are not ADR approved/legal. Hence why i've always moved more towards strut/spring combos
This. They really care about ride height???

Too much.....
Old 08-10-2015, 03:02 AM   #44
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfunny107 View Post
This. They really care about ride height???
Oh Sorry mate. I thought your reply was an attack on my choice of mods haha

Most highway patrol vehicles have a stick with a L piece on it that allows them to check if any areas on the car are lower than 100mm (and its normally done with 5 people in the car I believe).

Exposed Pod Filters, lower than 100mm springs, coilover suspension, exhausts louder than 90 decibels are all common things that we get picked up for.

Sorry again
Old 08-10-2015, 07:42 AM   #45
mrfunny107

Really????? An officer will really go out of his way and get on his knees to check your ride height???

Dude and no offense taken. I am the one who usually gets hated on for style and personal taste of my car.

Too much.....
Old 08-10-2015, 04:20 PM   #46
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:
Really????? An officer will really go out of his way and get on his knees to check your ride height???

Dude and no offense taken. I am the one who usually gets hated on for style and personal taste of my car.

Hahaha yeah when I first read it my mind read it as "Not sure about the front and lip but damn I thought you Aussies had better taste" hahaha I didn't realise the second line referred to the legislations here and not about my taste hahaha Sorry again
Old 08-10-2015, 05:32 PM   #47
trd_zzt231
Supporter

Quote:

Yeah I think they must. I haven't got checked before but I have heard of it happening. Most things need engineers certificate in Australia, most engine mods, above a certain power rating (not that they would know unless they dynoed it), boost controllers are not legal as they change the emissions (same as aftermarket ecus).

What are the laws like in USA for modifications? What sort of things are not allowed to be modified.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:16 PM   #48
Bitter

it varies by state and area, some places could care less if you drove the car from Mad Max through town, others will pull you over for having a crooked license plate.
I'm gay
Quote:
Old 08-11-2015, 11:55 PM   #49
trd_zzt231
Supporter

I wonder why they vary so much. A car in one state is fine yet in another state it'll get picked up in a jiffy.

Few updates. Got some oil off a for sale section on jdmstyletuning (didn't end up using it)

Gotta get around to replacing some of the blown bulbs (got a 2 parkers light, and a low beam out) which is annoying the crap out of me lol.

Finally have a few shots of the car, although still not great shots lmao

Old 08-12-2015, 06:33 AM   #50
Ghost Dragon
Klaatu barada nikto

Wow, the laws in Australia sound very limiting and un-fun. We can get away with quite a bit in the U.S. Example: most states have a lowering law that the lowest part of your frame cannot be lower than your bottom rim edge (but this height varies obviously when you go with bigger rims and a lower profile tire).

Otherwise... the rims you picked out look decent (though I think they would look better in solid black), and I'd go with the et20 unless you want them to look more sunken (which few actually want). An offset of +20 should look good especially with the wheel's lip design, your very tall ride height & overall oem spacing. If you want to be super-sure with your non-rolled guards then you can opt for et33, but nothing higher please since it will look quite sunken and bad. Tires also make a difference depending on whether you want a stretched, standard or meaty setup. A slight stretch will guarantee better clearance when you go wider in the rims.

I also recommend replacing your parking lights with led bulbs, they are brighter, suck less power and last longer. I replaced my parking lights, tails, signals and sidemarkers with leds and they look much better. Though I did have to add load resistors to the front and rear signals to avoid hyper-flash syndrome. LOL

Last edited by Ghost Dragon; 08-12-2015 at 06:55 AM..