NewCelica.org Forum banner

Carolina OT

489K views 9K replies 121 participants last post by  yzrider07 
#1 ·
dobbie doobie doo

yeah, so my roomate accidentally IDB'd his g/f last night. He told me he was railing it doggy style, it came out, and went right into her bung hole. He said he only got about 3 inches in there, but damn was she PISSED :chuckles:

#8,368 ·
I know they made a block revision in 03 but I never knew if it really made a huge difference.

You'd know if it was burning oil.

Life is expensive, lol. I'd drive the thing until the wheels fall off.

#8,370 ·
Wanted to let you guys know that I went to Tire Kingdom on the corner of Tyvola and South Blvd and got an alignment. I walked in with a list of settings I was looking for and they spent 3 hours getting it set up just like i wanted it.

It's a bunch of car nuts there. They were really careful with my car. I'd definitely go back. I got a 6 month warranty with my alignment so I plan to get it checked on the last day before that expires.

#8,372 ·
$130 after tax. Standard alignment was $70. Custom alignment isn't cheap. The other reputable shop in town was SLK motorsports and they wanted 170 for a full custom alignment.

This is why next time i need an alignment i'm going to do it myself, lol. There's lots of good info out there if your willing to put in the effort with time and tooling required.

#8,373 ·
anybody with rear discs had to change the parking brake shoes? Mine have 200k and won't hold the car anymore. When I did the adjustment I followed the instructions of adjusting out until no more rotation and then backing off 8 clicks. It was a very light resistance like that. I suppose I could adjust more. I thought the pads looked like they had a bit of meat left. They can't really use that much with my occasional use of that lever. I'm trying to avoid adjusting at the handle unless completely necessary.

#8,377 ·
What's up everyone? It's nice to see most of the SE OG's still posting here and still driving their Celicas. Hopefully you all are doing well. I still think about my old GT-S and wish I still had it is a DD toy. I am still rockin the Mustang and probably will be for a while. Here are a few pics of my turd to show you guys what I have been working on.

#8,379 ·
What's up everyone? It's nice to see most of the SE OG's still posting here and still driving their Celicas. Hopefully you all are doing well. I still think about my old GT-S and wish I still had it is a DD toy. I am still rockin the Mustang and probably will be for a while. Here are a few pics of my turd to show you guys what I have been working on.
Not bad fer a ford. Sorry raised a Chevy guy. SPEED KILLS BUY A FORD AND LIVE FOREVER. Git rid of the rally lights in the grill. The v6 grille looks better. IMO
Hopein my son chooses a camaro fer his first car. It's almost a 40 mile trip to his school one way though. Might oughta be careful what I wish far. LOL Cause I cain't leave a SBC stock. They don't talk right when your rollin through the hangouts.

#8,384 ·
Thanks man! I was just raised a muscle car guy. My dad and uncles had and modified them all. I always loved Camaros but I loved Mustangs more. The grill is definitely something that will be changed, just not at the top of the list right now.

IMO a Camaro SS would be perfect for your son. Can't be rockin no v6 muscle car.
Hey Chris glad to see your still in the car scene. The mustang looks good blacked out like that. What's your wife driving these days, same Nissan?

Seems like your cars keep getting bigger and longer. One of these days your going to show up with a Cadillac :gap:

I'm still DD'ing the celica for a few more years. Planned to retire it last year and buy something newer but getting married and having a kid on the way tends to put off goals like that for a while. The car's riding better than ever though at 200k, lol.
Thanks, Tanner! I will always be in the car scene. I have been my entire life and will be until I die, i'm addicted. My wife still drives the good ole Altima 3.5. I think my cars will probably stay the same size from now on. I do have the itch for a 5.0 so I will probably have one of them sooner or later. LOL

I would like a Tacoma 4x4 though but only if I can have it and a Mustang.

Congrats on getting married and having a child. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

#8,387 ·
I work with a guy who is big into making power with those turbo diesel Cummins engines. He's rebuilding his trans now because the torque converter holding capacity is the weakest link in the car. That thing is torquey beyond belief.

I definitely agree that you should have a truck/suv for occasional use. That's why I keep refusing to get rid of my jeep. I use it a lot more than I ever thought for dump runs and bringing home overly large items. Still would be nice to have a Tacoma one day.

#8,388 ·
Hey Brandon could you do me a favor? I'm looking to find out if BC Racing moved the hole where the endlink connects on the front struts compared with where it is on a set of OEM shocks. Do you still have OEM shocks so that you could pull a measurement for me?

Chip @ Powergrid suggested that I check this before I buy their coils and you're the only one I know around here that has em'.

What's new with everyone? I'm ready for it not to be cold outside, lol.

#8,390 ·
Hey Brandon could you do me a favor? I'm looking to find out if BC Racing moved the hole where the endlink connects on the front struts compared with where it is on a set of OEM shocks. Do you still have OEM shocks so that you could pull a measurement for me?
I wouldn't think it would be different. I'll make myself a note and see if I still have my old shocks.

#8,401 ·
Dang this place is dead!
No snow dummy stories?
I watched a dumbass a$$ pass me and a line of cars on a down hill run with a cop with blue lights on at bottom. Bonce off the curb (hit his brakes when he seen blue lights) slide down the hill side swiped the cop car. Then slid in front of him lookin like he'd pulled him over.
Took me all most four hours to git home. I did cover almost all of greenville on the way though. Truck just didn't wanna go home. LoL

#8,406 ·
Somehow I knew your brother would have that truck out. He should really be able to play tomorrow. Unless we just git a bunch of ice and rain. These are the only times I wish my truck was 4WD. I hope we just git snow. I'll git out in that. Nuttin like gittin a mega cab sideways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.