NewCelica.org Forum banner

tc 2.4 in a celica

2K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  nedearb 
#1 ·
I know, I know. probably to much money. but i like the thought of sticking this newly revised camry engine in my 2001 celica. 160hp/160tq stock at the fly. especially after reading last months Modified mag. 550hp tc. yes, i dream. anyone else think about it?

p.s. I've been reading up in these threads for months. first post though. I thank all you guys in this forum and the turbo forum for for continuely pushing are celi's.

regards,
Ben

#2 ·
First off, welcome to the boards!

As far as swapping the tc's 2.4 in place of the celi's 1.8.... it's possible, but it takes someone with very deep pockets to do it first and figure out all the finer details. I'm sure custom motor mounts would be needed, maybe custom axles.... naturally a custom intake and exhaust manifold. Yeah, like I said: very deep pockets.

#11 ·
Originally posted by Tikked Again
The TC's 2.4 is a fwd transaxle :wtf:

It should fit just like the 1zz
All depends on how big the engine and tranny are compared to the Celica's. It does have 25% more displacement.
Originally posted by nedearb
it would e hard to find a used TC engine anyway, and it wont "fit" like a 1zz orr 2zz for that matter
tC engine = Camry engine. A dime a dozen. ;)

#15 ·
Originally posted by robare99
ok get your flamethrowers out.....

what about an SRT-4 engine? *ducks*
what are you ****in craxy OMG RICE HOLY CRAP DUDE! I HATE SRT4's SRT4's BLOW What are you thinking, Tat would be like sticking Richard simmon's head on vin diesels body. GODDDDD YOUR CELICAS YELLOW!

just kidding man, someone had to do it. Actually the only reason i wouldnt think of putting an srt4 engine in is because other than c2 shiznit nothing not made from the land of the rising sun goes into my car.

#21 ·
Tikked Again said:
If I were to ever do an engine swap I would seriously consider an SRT4 engine.
theirs somthing about puting a domestic motor in an import that makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. ive been on some 240sx forums and there are some ppl toying with the idea of dropping a small block chevy in their 240s. power in a strait line isnt that important to me. id rather crack a rib in a corner. now thats intense g's.

#22 ·
Originally posted by nedearb
yeah, it would be a tight fit. If i had that kind of money, i'd go with the 3sgte. I just read some record breaking news. 808whp@7000 and 630tq with 32psi.:headbang: for the 3sgte
do you know how much fvcking money it costs to make a 3S-GTE do that? I just spent 6800.00 bucks for my 3S-GTE motor going into my All-Trac...and im shooting for 500 WHP... then you need to figure in 1500 for a Stand Alone to run it....then a few hundred more for sensors and gauges.....oh then all the custom manifolds....oh what else is there....oh yeah installing the heavy *******!!!...

You 3S-GTE finatics crack me up....MWR now has blocks ready to be built...spend about 4000 bucks and have one bad ass 2ZZ running 400 WHP...

#23 ·
nedearb said:
theirs somthing about puting a domestic motor in an import that makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. ive been on some 240sx forums and there are some ppl toying with the idea of dropping a small block chevy in their 240s. power in a strait line isnt that important to me. id rather crack a rib in a corner. now thats intense g's.
Well... it's been common practice in these parts ( i.e. the south ) to put 350 small blocks in almost anything with more than 2 wheels... Friend of mine has a 350 in his 3rd gen RX-7, and that thing is a monster. But I agree with nedearb, rather keep the domestics domestic, and imports import.

#25 ·
Originally posted by carboncelicagt
Actually the only reason i wouldnt think of putting an srt4 engine in is because other than c2 shiznit nothing not made from the land of the rising sun goes into my car.
How is c2 sh|t from "the land of the rising sun?"

Originally posted by Tikked Again
If I were to ever do an engine swap I would seriously consider an SRT4 engine.
Dooooo ittt!

Seriously, who cares? Modern "Domestics" and "Imports" are BOTH IMPORTED!! It doesn't matter!

#26 ·
Smaay said:
do you know how much fvcking money it costs to make a 3S-GTE do that? I just spent 6800.00 bucks for my 3S-GTE motor going into my All-Trac...and im shooting for 500 WHP... then you need to figure in 1500 for a Stand Alone to run it....then a few hundred more for sensors and gauges.....oh then all the custom manifolds....oh what else is there....oh yeah installing the heavy *******!!!...

You 3S-GTE finatics crack me up....MWR now has blocks ready to be built...spend about 4000 bucks and have one bad ass 2ZZ running 400 WHP...

I never said it would be cheap and/or easy :crazy2: I just said that about the 3sgte because i was suprised they squeazed that much hp out of it. they bored it out to a 2.4 though. thats badazz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.