Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Track Times Dyno Database Tech Info Gear

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Celica Discussion > Audio, Electrical, & Security
Favorites Trader Ratings Register Blogs Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audio, Electrical, & Security Install & Protect Your System Here.

Support NCO
Google

Old 11-21-2003, 05:33 PM   #1
celiboy07

Send a message via AIM to celiboy07 Send a message via Yahoo to celiboy07
What color is parking brake power wire?

I am trying to install my Pioneer DVD unit (with NO monitor) and it is requiring me to tap the PARKING BRAKE WIRE from the unit into the PARKING BRAKE SWITCH POWER supply side.

I have done a search already, but no clear answers. It was said that I can tap the wire into the clock's wire white/black ground, but I dont need ground I need power. What color is the clock's power wire?

Also another option was to tap it to the parking brake's ground BROWN wire, but I don't need the ground I need parking brake's POWER wire. What color is that one?

If anyone knows either way to tap the wire, please let me know. If not I will have to try trial and error and see if I will blow the unit up. Thanks!
celiboy07 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:47 PM   #2
celiboy07

Nevermind I figured it out.
Sponsored Links
Google
Support the Forums
Old 11-22-2003, 05:34 AM   #3
JohnnyG101

Send a message via ICQ to JohnnyG101 Send a message via AIM to JohnnyG101 Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyG101
maybe your could let us in on your findings I know some of us would like to know.
JohnnyG101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 07:10 PM   #4
celiboy07

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyG101
maybe your could let us in on your findings I know some of us would like to know.
Sorry about that. Actually, I still dont know which wire it is. I figured how to bybass it on my DVD unit (Pioneer SDV-P7). On my unit, it has front video out and rear video out. The front video out requires me to wire it to the parking brake power wire. The rear does not. I just hooked it up to the rear video out. Therefore, no parking brake wire.

What color wire is the parking brake power is still a mystery to me. Sorry.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:43 PM   #5
JohnnyG101

Send a message via ICQ to JohnnyG101 Send a message via AIM to JohnnyG101 Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyG101
lol its cool, glad its working. I just remember someone else who had the same issue you had and someone told him to click the parking brake up one click and deal with it . lol
JohnnyG101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 01:23 PM   #6
BrianGTS

Its odd that they would require you to use a 12v trigger to the unit as most parking brakes are negative trigger. Even so you could have used a relay to reverse the polarity of the parking brake trigger.
BrianGTS is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 12:00 PM   #7
Dj_cElicA

i thought u'd just have to ground the wire so u dont have to lift the e brakes whenever u wanna watch dvd's

tein s-tech springs, front member brace, team moon dual exhaust, trd filter, trd ss, speed source cable bushings, mcculloch hid, es100 195/50/15 (f) 225/50/15 (r)
Dj_cElicA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 12:15 PM   #8
Tyz_Ryde

Just ground the wire to anything metal to bypass it.
Tyz_Ryde is offline   Reply With Quote