NewCelica.org Forum banner

digital hvac help needed

3K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  daveforever 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I recently did a digital HVAC swap ;-) You WILL need a LHD blower imported from overseas, or, (buy one from someone local), which is difficult to get ahold of. I can try to help the best I can with advice. Maybe message revhard, I can't promise you anything, but he helped import a LHD blower to me as the US blower will not work with the digital setup. What parts do you have so far?

#5 ·
i believe what you got what was a RHD kit which means the servos will not work you will need to get servos out of a prius its the same servos used for the LHD models. you do not need the blower motor housing unless you want to switch from in cabin air to fresh air the system will work fine without it. what i dont see is the mode servo lever and the temp servo lever. without either of those 2 levers the kit is useless to install. i also dont see the exterior temp sensor

#17 ·
I am not sure if there is anyone that can answer these questions. I bought entire RHD kit from Japan, so that included Air Temp Servo / Mode Servo / Fresh/Recirculate Servo. Do I still need to buy Prius servos for this mod? If yes, which servo do I need to buy? Which year's Prius does it have to be? 00 ~ 03? or 04+? Why RHD servo kit wouldn't work at all? Thanks!

#20 ·
Honestly, I can't tell ya. If I had to guess... it might be that they are on opposite sides of the heater box RHD->LHD.

According to the install thread, these are the needed p/n's:
Fresh/Recirculate Servo (87106‑20440)
Mode Servo (87106‑20410)*
Mode Linkage
Air Temp Servo (87106‑20430)

You can compare to the ones you have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.