NewCelica.org Forum banner

Velocity stack air filter

14K views 44 replies 13 participants last post by  many 
#1 ·
#34 ·
Oh yeah ..... my intake got a louder too.:chuckles:

I dont ever oil mine and use a black K&N dust sock on the filter ...... I clean it during every oil change and while Im there I inspect the pipe and maf and theyre always super clean.

Theres a ton of discussions online about AEM's Dryflow media not flowing as much as K&N's cotton.

#39 ·
Nice video! Keep in mind though, that we are talking about the filters per se, not their materials. What the video states is that, although the material flows nearly as well as the cotton gauze one (and filters better), there is no problem with the air filter as a whole because, due to size and design, its flow capacity is more than adequate.

After seeing this video, I am really thinking of buying the 21-2100DK AEM Dryflow...

#41 ·
i use an apexi dryflow filter, basically got a velocity stack inbuilt. i got the larger 3" filter for a WRX/ STi and used an adaptor and a silicone reducer. i prefer dry filters as maf sensors áre not cheap. use the biggest filter you can fit in - the 2zz dont like a small filter although when i used a small injen filter the bottom end was much improved but the top end suffered badly.

#42 ·
i use an apexi dryflow filter, basically got a velocity stack inbuilt. i got the larger 3" filter for a WRX/ STi and used an adaptor and a silicone reducer. i prefer dry filters as maf sensors áre not cheap. use the biggest filter you can fit in - the 2zz dont like a small filter although when i used a small injen filter the bottom end was much improved but the top end suffered badly.

#43 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.