NewCelica.org Forum banner

trd rear strut tower bar

15K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  squall leonhart 
#1 ·
i used to not trust my celly's rear-end till i installed the strut tower bar. there was always a squirrel back then when i took some 45-60 degree curve @ 45-70. so after i did a lil research on newcelica and finally purchased my own about january's time and had seen very good responses to it, i didnt install till this past weekend and i noticed a WORLD of difference!! even doin low speeds and turning the wheel left and right it held like a champ. very nice on interstate off and on ramps, it is like a dream, when i get some more balls up for it imma c wat the limit will be for a 90 degree curve. i just wanted to share my opinions on this mod and would highly recommend to anyone if they were ever so lucky to find one. anybody else that has one i would like to hear about your experiences on it.

#40 ·
There is a thread around here that helps you figure out a template. You can dress it up with the right grooved or channeled trim around the cutout. I, of course, haven't put the trim in yet even though I purchased it long ago... wonder where it is...

But the TRD bar gives you a solid sled of a body and it's all suspension from there. It's a really nice upgrade!

P.S. - Bitter cleaned a metric ton of crap out of his hatch in order to take that pic!

#42 ·
Install it, it's worth it. It seriously improves how the car feels when being pushed around corners, but even over dips and bumps in the road it makes a tangible difference.

#43 ·
Absolutely! It's a great upgrade!

#45 ·
If anyone has one for sale...hmu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.