NewCelica.org Forum banner

2010 Lotus Evora

29K views 216 replies 40 participants last post by  Motor 
#1 · (Edited)

#34 ·
When trying to cram an engine, fuel tank and two people in the same spot, something's gonna have to give. I don't fit in the Celica's rear seats, I already imagine the two rear passengers in this thing: Butts resting on the seat edge, knees up over the shoulder and heads bobbed together.

#36 ·
u guys didnt read very closely did u....

The article states that Lotus knows the rear seats are a joke, only for young children. It also says you have the option of replacing the rear seats with a luggage bench. So yes this car will come out as a 2 seater coupe.

And as for light weight concern, this sentence is in regard to laping the N

#37 · (Edited by Moderator)
2009 Lotus Evora

2009 Lotus Evora -

http://www.motorcities.com/contents...ficial-Details-and-Images_08GLE332009967.html

With its stunning visual impact, exhilarating all-round dynamic performance, innovative chassis technology and high levels of luxury, packaging and convenience, the Evora heralds an exciting new era for Lotus.

The first all-new Lotus since the iconic Elise made its debut in 1995, The Evora enters the sports car market as currently the world’s only mid-engined 2+2. Powered by a Lotus-tuned 3.5-litre V6 engine producing 280 PS, and weighing just 1350 kg (prototype specification), the Evora promises breathtaking performance. During preliminary testing around the famous N

#43 ·
Yes please. :thumbup:

Because one of the roles of the Evora is to attract new customers to the Lotus brand, much attention has been paid to its ease of use. Wider, taller door apertures and narrower sills make getting in and out of the cabin a less athletic undertaking than it is in Lotus’s smaller sports cars
You have to be a contortionist to get into an Exige. Seriously. :D

#42 ·
It is the Eagle. Eagle was probably the project name.

I'm not a fan of the greenhouse/roof treatment, some of the lines are fighting each other, doesn't make for a balanced styling but I like the overall package.

#49 ·
Evora Engine Specs

The V6 Engine - dual VVT-i ('intelligent' variable valve timing)
The exceptional working relationship that Lotus has enjoyed with Toyota over several decades, combined with the overwhelmingly enthusiastic reception for the company's four-cylinder power units in the Elise and Exige, guaranteed the Japanese giant's inclusion on the shortlist for the Evora engine supplier.

The final choice was Toyota's all-alloy 2GR-FE 3.5-litre V6 DOHC, with dual VVT-i ('intelligent' variable valve timing). Lotus has painstakingly developed its own T6e engine management software for this engine to optimise its compatibility with the unique requirements of the Evora to give a peak power output to 280 PS at 6400 rpm, while boosting its maximum torque to 342 Nm at 4700 rpm (prototype figures).

Changes to the engine management and exhaust systems also allow the V6 to rev more freely and provide rapid throttle response; feedback from the development team suggests that the strength of the engine's mid-range torque means that gutsy performance will be easily accessible without having to thunder through to the redline. This makes the Lotus Evora a thoroughly satisfying car for everyday road use and a rewarding one when you just want to drive.

The 2GR-FE V6 engine is mated to a manual six-speed gearbox, again Toyota-sourced. A close-ratio version of this gearbox is also currently under development for the even more sport-focussed driver.
Many Lotus owners enjoy the blend of unique performance and efficiency that the brand's cars offer. True to the Lotus value of "performance through light weight" CO2 emissions are expected to be a class leading sub-225 g/km (prototype figures) while testers report fuel consumption in the region of 30+ mpg (pending formal homologation testing).

What'll she do?
At the time of its unveiling, full performance figures have yet to be compiled on a production specification Lotus Evora, Lotus has another 6 months development to conduct.

While for Lotus top speed is of less importance than stability at speed, early indications suggest a maximum speed of 160 mph; the 0-60 mph sprint from standstill is estimated at sub 5 seconds (prototype figures).

The first cars will all come with the regular Toyota six-speed manual, but one of the first developments will be a US-friendly auto box with steering wheel paddles. Other future developments will include a race car, so expect a GT challenger sometime soon, plus further more extreme derivatives and a convertible. All these models are to sit alongside the

#50 · (Edited by Moderator)
The first cars will all come with the regular Toyota six-speed manual, but one of the first developments will be a US-friendly auto box with steering wheel paddles.
What the hell?
Does the rest of the world think all Americans are retarded?

I'm gonna go eat my hamburger/hotdog, throw some trash on the ground, invade a country and then drive my automatic Lotus. WTF!?

#55 ·
Rav4, Camry, Avalon, Blade, what else?

Now if they do have a 6-speed manual for the transverse version of the 2GR-FE, how difficult would it be to develop one for the longitudinal applications such as the IS350.

#62 ·
I gatta agree with all the extra gadgets being a bad thing. Unless it beats Porsche handeling at a Porsche price, not interested until it's boosted.

But then again...it does just look absolutely beautiful...

#67 ·
Why does someone else take Toyota engines, and make them much superior, why can't toyota do that??

#68 ·
Toyota already did that dude, the same basic engine produces 315PS (about 306hp) in 2GR-FSE trim as installed in the IS350 and JDM Crown Athlete. It's for the FWD applications in the US that the 2GR-FE is limited to about 270hp. 280PS in the Lotus isn't too far away from the SAE corrected 268hp the 2GR-FE produces. It would equate to 272hp which is less than what a Camry is rated at in Venezuela for example (276hp).

#70 · (Edited)
Lotus confirms Evora convertible

FULL STORY
Lotus has confirmed that it’s planning a convertible version of the new Evora just weeks after the sports car made its debut at the London motor show.

Marketing men at the British brand foresee an eight-year lifespan for the Evora, which is built alongside the Elise at Hethel in Norfolk.

A convertible version will be launched late in 2011 to boost the Evora’s appeal after three years on the market, and it’s hoped this open-top model will help Lotus maintain its sales target of 2000 units per year.

Like the Elise, the Evora’s body structure is versatile enough for other variants and even other models to be based around it. In fact, the suspension and chassis centre section will be used in the forthcoming V8-engined Esprit replacement, also scheduled for 2011.

In the shorter term, it seems likely that a more powerful version of the naturally aspirated Evora could arrive within two years, developing around 320bhp rather than the standard car’s 280bhp.

A hardcore S version also seems very likely, because the Evora’s 3.5-litre V6 engine has been cleverly packaged to leave room for a supercharger. This would be the range-topping model producing in excess of 400bhp and likely to offer Porsche 911 Turbo-rivalling levels of performance, with an estimated 0-60mph time under four seconds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.