NewCelica.org Forum banner

trd rear strut tower bar

15K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  squall leonhart 
#1 ·
i used to not trust my celly's rear-end till i installed the strut tower bar. there was always a squirrel back then when i took some 45-60 degree curve @ 45-70. so after i did a lil research on newcelica and finally purchased my own about january's time and had seen very good responses to it, i didnt install till this past weekend and i noticed a WORLD of difference!! even doin low speeds and turning the wheel left and right it held like a champ. very nice on interstate off and on ramps, it is like a dream, when i get some more balls up for it imma c wat the limit will be for a 90 degree curve. i just wanted to share my opinions on this mod and would highly recommend to anyone if they were ever so lucky to find one. anybody else that has one i would like to hear about your experiences on it.

#3 ·
when i get some more balls up for it imma c wat the limit will be for a 90 degree curve.
I suggest you do this at a race track or autocross, as the potential consequences to you and your car can be very serious if you miscalculate. On the street there is usually not much margin for error.

The Celica is pretty forgiving, but any car will punish you if you don't respect it enough.

#18 ·
i got the trd rear strut bar..it fells so sloppy in the rear when i drive around w/out it on for one day...now i just want some sways and front lower underbrace..

u can always wait for someone to sell it on the boards.. or if make me a really good offer i might sell mine....

#27 ·
I have full TRD suspension...and honestly...when I took my rear strut bar out, I felt no difference. If you have sways already, don't waste your money. I may be putting my TRD rear strut up for sale soon... :)

#34 ·
Definitely all the cleaning products you have arrayed across yours...

#35 ·
Hey it works well! They're off for winter storage. If I was shorter I'd use it as a clothes rack too.

#37 ·
It's kind of a pain to put in and also a pain to take out, I did a shitty job trimming cause I was clueless and it started to rain on me. You wouldn't take it out and put it back in without a bit of fussing and certainly not want to do so on a regular basis. Someone did make one that went in and out easily and was a 3 point bar, forget the name though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.