ARobb10 *resolved* - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Classifieds > Buyer & Seller Feedback

Buyer & Seller Feedback Rate Buyers/Sellers Here.

Support NCO
Google

Old 05-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
w0lf

ARobb10 *resolved*

I've bought the tsunami tail lights from ARobb10.
One of the tail came with the big scratches on it:

Seems that the package came to me without any damages.
Here is the selling thread https://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=355370
There is no damages on the picture of his thread.
Currently i'm awaiting for ARobb10s responce
w0lf is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
spectra_celica
love4celica

yikes thats pretty bad
spectra_celica is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:41 AM   #3
Omnious
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis

As we discussed by PM, please also show multiple pictures of the box these came in. We need to determine if they were definitely packed in this condition or if the damage might have happened during shipping.

I will contact ARobb10 and ask for an explanation.

"Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that has been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye."
Omnious is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
ARobb10

I have pmed w0lf back yesterday and ominous today. I'm waiting for a response from both.
ARobb10 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
commanderjjv

it looks like something jabbed into the tail light? like a stick of some sort?
Old 05-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
Jose_CeliGTS

Yeah it looks like someone just took there keys and tried drilling a hole. Doesn't really seem like something that will happen during shipping unless there was a whole I'm the package.
Jose_CeliGTS is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
Omnious

The tail lights have bolts sticking out of their backs...

ARobb10: were these placed in such a way as to prevent the bolts from one light to rub against the face of the other?

"Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that has been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye."
Old 05-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #8
rickyd

I bought 03 tails from arobb earlier this year and they came exceptionally well packaged with each tail individually wrapped surrounded by lots of packing material. It was also packaged by a box in a box and tails looked exactly like his pictures. I dont remember the orientation of the tails though. Hope this gets resolved soon.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:35 AM   #9
ARobb10

Re: ARobb10

Thanks rickyd and I can't remember the exact orientation but I do try to pack all of my stuff to prevent that from happening. I even have this message from wolf saying they were packed well and asked if they had this damage before I sent them
Old 05-26-2014, 06:36 AM   #10
ARobb10

Old 05-26-2014, 06:53 AM   #11
ARobb10

As per recommendation by Omnious, here is my side that I sent in a pm to him: "I pmed him back yesterday but haven't received one back. The lights did not have that before I shipped them. I took the pictures which I took close ups on all of the spots that had somewhat bigger but really unnoticeable marks(I had to take the pics at an angle to even see them) and put them in a tail light box where they sat unmoved. Once they sold, I wrapped them in bubble wrap and stuffed them good to separate them and from the sides. I used the exact same shipping material and way of packing that Ghost Dragon used to ship the custom 03 tail lights and there was no damage when I received those so I saw using that material as best. Plus I have shipped tail lights to rickyd and used the same bubble wrap, etc packing and he got them perfectly fine.

I have a few concerns. Like I said the tail lights didn't move after taking the pictures and I even checked them before I sent them and w0lf in a pm even said they were packed well inside and there was no damage to the outside of the package. Plus the pictures need to be bigger so we can see them better. Not saying he did this but extremely small, low quality pictures can be edited. Another thing is that he said he just got them, but yet I checked my USPS tracking and it says there was a delivery attempt May 13 which was almost 2 weeks ago (which I can show proof of) so I believe he has had them and anything could have happened to them since he received them. Why wouldn't he have contacted about this earlier?

All in all, I shipped the lights as they were in,the pictures in good packing material (even stated by w0lf which I can show). I have shipped items including tail lights before and they all said that I packed the items really well which of course I also did for these lights. I'm not a person to try and deceive anyone, I've sold other items here exactly as described with no issues and I sold and took pictures of exactly how the tsunamis were. I'm waiting to here a response back from w0lf to see what he says. Let me know what you think."
Old 05-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #12
ARobb10

Here are my copy of the packing sheet, the receipt, and tracking info that shows a delivery attempt about two weeks ago when he said he received them two days ago.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #13
Pave High
(..+

Something seems wrong here... not placing blame but arobs selling credibility is well noted. Hope this gets resolved

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-26-2014, 08:48 AM   #14
Jose_CeliGTS

Agreed. That's why I wrote my comment. Even though they have bolts in the back there needs to be a large enough room for the tails to jump on one another and create such a scratch. And even though I never did business with Arrob we were in talks once about me buying his tsunami bumper but just by messaging him and all the pictures he provided me and most importantly his great drive to make sure he can help in any way I know he's a trustful seller.
Jose_CeliGTS is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #15
w0lf

Hello everyone! Sorry for long response, i was busy.
Finally i understood the reason of this scratch. Yes the tails was wrapped good, but still not good enough to prevent the damage from THE BOLT OF THE REAR SIDE OF ANOTHER TAIL. The scratch was made definably by this bolt, i found it myself, then i showed it to different people and after they look at it they said the same. Moreover i have found the hole which is has been made by this bolt in the plastic bag in which the tail was wrapped.
ARobb10, you had to place the tail another way in which that couldn't be happen, and furthermore you had to close the bolt by some caps.
Currently they are in the machine shop, the technic said that this tail couldn't be ideally repaired, because there is some small dimple in it (the coat of varnish is scratched and more than that the tail itself is scratched too deep) but he will try to do all the best he can.

I hope i wrote understandable in english.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:32 AM   #16
Omnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
The tail lights have bolts sticking out of their backs...

ARobb10: were these placed in such a way as to prevent the bolts from one light to rub against the face of the other?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARobb10 View Post
As per recommendation by Omnious, here is my side that I sent in a pm to him: "I pmed him back yesterday but haven't received one back. The lights did not have that before I shipped them. I took the pictures which I took close ups on all of the spots that had somewhat bigger but really unnoticeable marks(I had to take the pics at an angle to even see them) and put them in a tail light box where they sat unmoved. Once they sold, I wrapped them in bubble wrap and stuffed them good to separate them and from the sides. I used the exact same shipping material and way of packing that Ghost Dragon used to ship the custom 03 tail lights and there was no damage when I received those so I saw using that material as best. Plus I have shipped tail lights to rickyd and used the same bubble wrap, etc packing and he got them perfectly fine.

I have a few concerns. Like I said the tail lights didn't move after taking the pictures and I even checked them before I sent them and w0lf in a pm even said they were packed well inside and there was no damage to the outside of the package. Plus the pictures need to be bigger so we can see them better. Not saying he did this but extremely small, low quality pictures can be edited. Another thing is that he said he just got them, but yet I checked my USPS tracking and it says there was a delivery attempt May 13 which was almost 2 weeks ago (which I can show proof of) so I believe he has had them and anything could have happened to them since he received them. Why wouldn't he have contacted about this earlier?

All in all, I shipped the lights as they were in,the pictures in good packing material (even stated by w0lf which I can show). I have shipped items including tail lights before and they all said that I packed the items really well which of course I also did for these lights. I'm not a person to try and deceive anyone, I've sold other items here exactly as described with no issues and I sold and took pictures of exactly how the tsunamis were. I'm waiting to here a response back from w0lf to see what he says. Let me know what you think."
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0lf View Post
Hello everyone! Sorry for long response, i was busy.
Finally i understood the reason of this scratch. Yes the tails was wrapped good, but still not good enough to prevent the damage from THE BOLT OF THE REAR SIDE OF ANOTHER TAIL. The scratch was made definably by this bolt, i found it myself, then i showed it to different people and after they look at it they said the same. Moreover i have found the hole which is has been made by this bolt in the plastic bag in which the tail was wrapped.
ARobb10, you had to place the tail another way in which that couldn't be happen, and furthermore you had to close the bolt by some caps.
Currently they are in the machine shop, the technic said that this tail couldn't be ideally repaired, because there is some small dimple in it (the coat of varnish is scratched and more than that the tail itself is scratched too deep) but he will try to do all the best he can.
As I suspected, this is possibly how these scratches occurred.

Despite genuinely trying to pack these correctly, some things can happen during shipping if some small details are missed.

Work it out amicably guys. I'm sure you can both arrive at a common agreement on this.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #17
w0lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARobb10 View Post

In order to let you know, i did get the package from the post office THE SAME DAY I WROTE THE PM TO YOU AND TO OMNIOUS. If you shipped it via USPS at 30 april then there is no way it can arrive to me 12 may. More than that, i think you don't know that the days from 1st to 9th may are holidays in Russia (nothing works, especially post office service). So lets say 3-4 days to arrive to me? lol
Usually it takes from 20 to 35 days, i'm not first day at this forum and i have purchased many many stuff from american guys, so i know what i'm talking about.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #18
w0lf

ARobb10, to repair it technician will need to remove the coat of varnish, then polish it, and then tint it again, this work will cost me 1600 rubbles it's about $46, but as i have mentioned before, this tail wouldn't be anymore as good as it was. Even though if you fund this repair then i have no claims to you.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:40 PM   #19
ARobb10

In reality I must have made the mistake in packing the lights and I apologize for it. Like I said I try to pack my items as best as possible and just want everyone to understand I would never ship an item with damage that wasn't disclosed. I have contacted w0lf via pm in attempt to work this out with him and to maintain my reputation as a seller on here. Thanks Jose and Pave for the comments. I appreciate it.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #20
Omnious

Great work guys.
I like it when members work out their issues professionally.

Please each give your confirmation when this resolved and I'll edit this thread's title as such.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #21
ARobb10

Partial refund sent.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #22
w0lf

I've got the partial refund.
I'm really glad that we have worked out this issue together! ARobb10 is really good guy! I will recommend to deal with him to anyone, because he is a honest member. As for this issue - everyone can mistake, so that's all right!
Thank you, ARobb10! Thanks you all for all your reply!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #23
Pave High
(..+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
Great work guys.
x2. GJ guys
Old 05-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #24
Omnious

Good to see this resolved.