NewCelica.org Forum banner

2011 Ford Fiesta

33K views 142 replies 18 participants last post by  2KGTS 
#1 ·
I'm guessing it has proportions a long the lines of the newest Fit. Frankly, I think I like this better. Can only imagine how much fun this would be with Ecoboost.

This is a huge world of difference from the Fiesta my Dad had when I was a wee brit.

See less See more
#2 ·
i would have rather them bring over a refreshed Ka. then you could see these on the road.

i give you...

the ford orKa!

#6 ·
no i saw that long ago and a new small compact from ford, (the fiesta) reminded me of it. so i googled it up. if i made a thread called "check out this whale of a car" that would have been forcing it.

#18 ·
Taurus and Fiesta (although past reliability was terrible) still has cohesion with buyers. If anything Ford's marketing department is on the right path!

The Fiesta is completely aimed a younger market, but still has the name plate to attract older buyers who always remembered the small car growing up.

Marc said it before, but when the Caviler went to the Cobalt it lost buyers.

#17 ·
Man they need to get rid of the sedan and keep the hatch. And TWIN FORCE sounds cool :thumbup:

#19 ·
Quote from Ford via Autoblog:

"Ford wanted an attractive Fiesta inside and out, but technology will be just as important to customers that the Blue Oval is hoping to win over. Ford says 65% off all B-Segment purchasers make at least $50,000 per year and 24% make $100,000 or more. And 23% of all small car buyers live in New York City, Washington DC, Chicago, Dallas and LA. And here's the most magical number of all: 27%. That's the amount of 15-30 year old Millennials that Ford is looking to attract with the new Fiesta."

So to apply this to what I said you can see that many upper middle class people are buying these B series cars as daily drivers in addition to whatever other car they may own for fuel economy right. Or maybe they are buying them for their children.

Either way having a name plate that was a previous model helps and Ford looking to attract 27 percent of new buyers seems to be not bad as well. They had a 100 car twitter driving loan program as well as many different social media outlets.

#20 ·
Update!

2011 ford FIESTA: Fuel-Efficient, progressive design OFFERS versAtIlITY, PERSONALITY
PRESS RELEASE
Power to the people
The Ford Fiesta's 1.6-liter DOHC I-4 engine delivers an estimated 119 horsepower and
109 ft.-lb. of torque, giving customers responsive performance. Big results from a small package are possible with several new technologies in this new, global engine.

Fiesta features Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) which allows the engine to be downsized for fuel economy while continuously optimizing camshaft phasing for throttle response, performance and flexibility.

Ti-VCT gives variable – yet precise – control of valve overlap or the duration of time in which both intake and exhaust valves are simultaneously open. Valve overlap management by sophisticated controller mechanisms is critical to eliminating intake and exhaust flow compromises.

This technology also optimizes phasing on both intake and exhaust camshafts by spinning them ever so slightly to advance or retard valve timing, resulting in improved throttle response at initial throttle tip-in, reduced emissions at part throttle and enhanced efficiency at higher rpm. The outcome is more power, responsiveness and fuel efficiency from less overall cylinder displacement.

During development of this global engine measures were taken to keep overall powertrain weight as low as possible.

Fun, with fuel efficiency
Fiesta's flowing sculpted hood covers a 1.6-liter DOHC I-4 engine with an estimated 119 horsepower and 109 ft.-lbs. of torque. Spirited performance and fuel-efficient economy are signature attributes with the Fiesta expected to deliver best-in-class fuel economy at 40 mpg.

Fiesta's advanced 1.6-liter engine features Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) allowing the engine to be downsized for fuel economy while continuously optimizing camshaft phasing for throttle response, performance and flexibility.

Big results from a small package are possible with several new technologies in this new global engine, including an advanced new front end accessory drive (FEAD) belt with stretchy dynamics to improve the engine's thermal dynamics. The elasticity in this new drive belt eliminates the need for a belt tensioner and contributes to overall fuel economy.

Fiesta features a standard five-speed manual transaxle with gear ratios selected to offer spirited off-the-line performance and exceptional fuel economy for drivers who desire three pedals and a stick shift to maximize driving experience.

Specially tuned front struts, bushings, dampers, stabilizer bars and a rear twist-beam axle keep Fiesta sure-footed and firmly planted. Sporty, European driving dynamics prevail.

40mpg's is impressive.

#21 ·
Update!

40mpg's is impressive.
I am not sure why we are not seeing a 1.4L Ecoboost engine in there. If the Fusion already gets 23/34 now (mind you the manual version) then with the 1.4L in the Fusion we should see around 29/36. This is just a guess, but with the weight reduction of the Fiesta I would think a 1.4L Ecoboost with the already great transmission planned would see something over the 30 mark in the city while still putting down close to 140 hp.

#23 ·
Update!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gziZfXEMxoM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gziZfXEMxoM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ford Fiesta S2000 rally car

Ken Block's going to be driving this.

#27 ·
Update!

Ken Block's going to be driving this.
Correction: Ken's going to drive this.

Ken Block's wild Ford Fiesta

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p8lSbpAHRnk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p8lSbpAHRnk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Not bad.

#26 ·
^ no body does. I use to post more news in the WRC thread, but not too many people pay attention to them since subaru and mitsu dropped out.

the lever with the knob is the sequential shifter like Kat-ayanami said. the other one is the e-brake. the car is gonna be beastly... if ken doesn't f*ck it up. Just to some make things clear for the people new to rally, S2000 is for Super 2000 and not the fun driving convertible Honda made.

#29 ·
Update!

2011 Ford Fiesta Sport
Available with a choice of the 120 PS (88 kW) 1.6-litre Duratec TiVCT petrol engine or the improved 1.6-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engine now with 95 PS (70 kW), the new three-door Fiesta Sport+ comes complete with a full body styling kit, featuring a specially designed front bumper with flared lower valence panel, sporty side skirts, a large rear spoiler and a rear bumper with integrated diffuser.

Two distinctive exterior colour schemes are available, both designed to reinforce the car’s sporty stance. ’Frozen White’ is matched with Performance Blue GT stripes on the roof and bonnet as well as dynamic side stripes, while the exclusive ’Performance Blue’ model is finished with eye-catching white stripes. To round out the package, large alloy wheels are fitted as standard equipment and are painted in bright ’Frozen White’. (7J x 17 wheels with 205/40 R17 tyres for the petrol engined version, and 6

#31 ·
Update!

FORD FIESTA, TOP 12 'AMERICAN IDOLS' GET PERSONAL
* Ford is adding an exciting new element to its sponsorship of "American Idol" by giving each of the top 12 contestants a unique opportunity to work with Ford designers and create their own customized 2011 Ford Fiesta graphics
* This new element will be featured in a video segment in tonight's episode of "American Idol," which airs at 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET live/PT tape-delayed on FOX; fans will be able to see the Idols' customized Fiesta designs at www.americanidol.com
* With the help of four up-and-coming Ford designers, the Top 12 Idols created their own personalized Fiesta theme, using color, custom body graphics, wheel treatments and other accessories to make the vehicle an expression of each contestant's personality
* More than 100,000 people have already expressed an interest in the all-new 2011 Ford Fiesta due to the success of the Fiesta Movement social media initiative

Those clowns should stick to singing.

#33 ·
Update!

Turbocharged Ford Fiesta Caught in Dearborn
As you can see, this Fiesta prototype not only looks a little different on the outside, it appears to have a few hardware upgrades as well. The faint sight of an intercooler up front confirms that the presence of an Ecoboost powerplant. Exactly which one is tough to tell at this point. Ford has already officially announced that it will build both 1.6- and 2.0-liter versions of the Ecoboost four-cylinder, but rumors of a 1.4-liter version have also been thrown around.

Could it be the RS/SVT test mule? Either way, it's going to be an awesome little car.

#34 · (Edited)
Update!

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan and Hatchback U.S. Spec - First Drive Review
The U.S.-market Fiesta is as good as its European counterpart. Hallelujah!

It’s already clear where the Fiesta will play price-wise among its competitive set: at the top. Ford is taking a risk, offering premium content at premium prices in a segment that’s never seen anything like it, at least in America. The top-spec SEL sedan nears $20,000 and an SES hatchback can be optioned over $21K, which is about where current Focus pricing stops. (The 2012 Focus will be more expensive, making room for the Fiesta below.) The top-of-the-line Honda Fit Sport with nav—a luxury not available on the Fiesta—costs $19,280, and it doesn’t offer any factory options. While four-dollar gas sent people scrambling into small cars a couple of years ago, prices have seemingly stabilized much lower, and it remains to be seen if Americans are ready to pay extra for extra goodness in their subcompact. If they do, they’ll be getting a fine little car in this global Fiesta. We’re just glad Ford invited the U.S. to the party.

First Drive: 2011 Ford Fiesta (U.S. Spec)
Fit to Fight: Ford's World-Beating B-Car Lands in America with Honda in its Sights

The Fiesta isn't without flaw, though. The rear seats don't fold flat, cutting into some potential cargo space, and it isn't as roomy as some other hatches in the segment. The center stack, while slick looking, is ergonomically challenged especially with the skewed number pad. The European-spec car's automatic climate control is gone in favor of a simpler manual system, but Ford says it could return if customers demand it. And though it would be possible to add an in-dash navigation and infotainment system, Ford isn't planning one for cost reasons, relying on Sync's turn-by-turn feature instead.

From day one, Ford's U.S. team has had the Honda Fit Sport square in its sights as they prepared the Fiesta for the American market. A quick back-to-back test drive at the launch suggests the Fiesta is a match for the Fit in driving dynamics, if not in versatility. The only way to be certain, though, will be to round up the competitive set and find out. Stay tuned.

2011 Ford Fiesta - Driving Impressions
We drive the U.S-spec Ford Fiesta. Does it live up to the hype?

What’s Hot:

* Small-car fun
* Excellent fuel mileage
* Euro styling

What’s Not:

* Heavy for size
* Engine has to work hard
* Seatback adjusters difficult to find/use

What's New:

* All-new model

Everyone seems to like it.

#37 ·
Update!

Sporty Stripes: Ford Launches 2010 Fiesta S1600 in England
Built upon the European Zetec S model, the S1600 receives a unique body kit, which adds a mild lip spoiler, flared side skirts, a larger rear spoiler, along with a rear diffuser. 17-inch white aluminum wheels are standard, and either match or contrast with the two available colors, Frozen White and Performance Blue, respectively. Go-fast stripes are also part of the package, and the length of the car and alongside the Fiesta’s deep swage lines.

We wish those stripes actually helped the Fiesta go faster. The S1600 uses a 1.6-liter I-4, similar to that found in the U.S.-spec Fiesta. Accordingly, the engine produces an identical 120 horsepower. Those desiring some extra power can reportedly opt for an engine upgrade kit from Mountune -- the same folks who helped develop the Focus RS and RS500 -- that adds an extra twenty ponies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.