NewCelica.org Forum banner

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB / GTO

16K views 92 replies 26 participants last post by  Motor 
#1 ·

#9 ·
The only thing I dont like are the blackend tail lights. Its mainly a bodykit which is good. It doesnt need much more hp anyway since it is already one of the fastest ferrari's ever made for the street. (depending on the performance aspects you look at)Very nasty.

3.6 second 0-60 ( road & track got a 3.2 0-60 when testing)
205 top speed
1/4 mile 11.2
620 hp
608 torque
power-to-weight 5.6
weight 3482

Enzo Stats:
0-60 in 3.65 (in testing got as low as 3.14)
217 top speed
1/4 mile in 10.8
651 hp
485 torque
weight 2767
power-to-weight 4.2

(When you look at the weight difference it is insane how fast the 599 is compared to the enzo)

http://www.ferrarifiorano.com/engine.htm

#12 ·
stunning!

I still think this car would have looked better with two smaller tail lights per side.

#14 ·
Mansory 2008 Range, McLaren SLR, Ferrari 599...

Tuning for the ultra wealth has been taken to a new level with this years Mansory Line up. Each car gets full interior and exterior treatments as well as all areas of performance are worked on. Meaning more power, faster times, and greater stopping power makes these a well rounded package. They do alot of cars, including all the new Aston Martins, Bentleys, 599, SLR and Rolls Royce.
Their full line up can be viewed here at
http://www.mansory.com/mansory.htm

Here are some pics of the very cool SLR Renovatio and 599 Stallone

The Money Shot

#16 ·
MANSORY Stallone,
more Bounce for the Italian Stallion.
MANSORY pays special attention to performance optimisation with which the car from Maranello made the sprint from zero to 100 kph two tenths faster than the series version (3.7 seconds). *

The propulsion is only over at 340 kph.

Thus the modification, called the Stallone, impressively fills the gap to the fast, 350 kph
sports car brother, the Enzo.

The engine components newly developed by the MANSORY technicians are responsible for this.The performance kit includes high-performance compressors and custom made intercooling. The supercharging of the V12 power train is supported by a sport air filter with higher air throughput as well as modified control electronics.
This increases the performance of the large 6.0 litre twelve cylinder engine from 620 to 720 HP. The torque increased by an additional 92 Nm.
The sport rear muffler made of stainless steel underscores the sporty appearance of the MANSORY Stallone with its impressive sound.

MANSORY Renovatio
, the ultimate makeover
for the Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren

New components for impressive performance boost

The 5.5 litre V8 engine with its standard 626 hp likewise profited from the comprehensive changes.

The motto of the MANSORY engineers when redesigning the engine was "evolution instead of revolution."
The leading idea was not about making major changes to the SLR's core. Rather, existing components were swapped for modified developments by MANSORY itself.

A optimized electronic fuel injection system and also new developed pulley, sport catalyser and manifold component`s, gives the RENOVATIO more mechanical power, torque, and speed.

As a result the Renovatio is two tenths faster from zero to 100 km/h than the super sports car production model.

The top speed increases *to 340 kph. Following the alterations the Renovatio
has 700 PS and generates 880 Nm torque
on the crankshaft.

#21 · (Edited)
Ferrari boss confirms hybrid program

FULL STORY
Governments around the world are bowing to public pressure to reduce greenhouse gases, and more often than not the first sector they look at is the auto industry. The European Council has proposed a ruling that could see car-maker forced to limit their fleet average CO2 levels to 130g/km by as early as 2012, something that could have disastrous effects for niche players like Ferrari.

The super-car company is now working on cutting its vehicles’ greenhouse gas emissions by nearly half and is working on several different strategies including building lighter cars and implementing new hybrid technology. Speaking with Germany’s Welt am Sonntag, Ferrari president Luca Cordero di Montezemolo told reporters the car-maker is aiming to reduce CO2 emissions by 40% between now and 2012.

“We are currently working on the development of a Ferrari that will use alternative energy sources and which will be based on what we are doing at the moment in Formula 1,” he revealed, referring to the new Kinetic Energy Recycling System (KERS) that works on the principle of brake-energy-regeneration. The KERS is basically an efficient CVT gearbox joined to a flywheel that rotates when the cars undergo braking. The stored energy can then be used to boost acceleration for overtaking and cornering,

Montezemolo insisted that any future hybrid Ferrari would still be “fundamentally a Ferrari”. However, the first models available for sale would arrive until around 2015.

In a further effort to reduce emissions, future Ferrari's could also come powered by smaller and more fuel-efficient turbocharged V6 engines. A company spokesman revealed last week that Ferrari has ruled out nothing in terms of technology as it works to keep high-performance a priority while accommodating strict emissions rules.

#22 ·
Let me throw up in my mouth now...

Hybrids can actually pass if the world continues on it's fake green streak...but twin turbo V6?!?!

I want me a high revving beast that only a Italian supercar can deliver...a hybrid-twin turbo V6 project should be left to Toyota or something...like for the FT-HS...not Ferrari...brand dilution as marc says...

#23 ·
It's either that or they stop to exist. If the environmental pressure keeps building they might not have a lot of choices.
I love cars, don't get me wrong, but I also think efforts to help the environment are in place.

#27 ·
Right I just read the EU has the emissions mandates - they need to meet those.
:chuckles:

I don't see a problem with Ferrari trying to push hybrids to the limit. Resources + Engineering can't hurt. There's a lot of hybrid technology that is completely different from what you have seen in the marketplace thus far.

BTW, none of you will ever own a Ferrari. They could decide to only go with 4 bangers and it would never ever affect you guys. :chuckles:

edit: check that. Maybe less Ferrari backgrounds and posters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.