New calipers and hoses - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Celica Discussion > Suspension & Brake Tuning

Suspension & Brake Tuning All Suspension and Brake Related Posts Here.

Support NCO
Google

Old 01-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
newguy5

New calipers and hoses

I have a 2003 Celica and the front passenger caliper is no longer releasing correctly, causing the pad to rub the rotor all the time. I took it to a shop to confirm and they said I need new rotors and brake hoses. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to get calipers and hoses for our car. Stock is fine or if there are any nicer aftermarket parts that fit that would be great. I need to get asap as this is my only car and the brakes are burning real hot right now.
newguy5 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
kaizer_soze
Spanning Tree Storm

buy oe discs. R u sure calipers cannot be fixed, cleaned or something?

03 TS, 7" Kenwood DNX9990 GPS, all LED but low beam with OEM HID & Philips Ultrablue bulbs, 18" Jade-R
OE dynamic "body" kit, all blue led interior, GT28RS, BC coilovers, wilwood BBK, JDM clear taillights, Mahle, Supertech, ACL...
kaizer_soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
newguy5

I dont think so. Thats why I had a shop give me a second opinion.I got some calipers and hoses so I will replace this weekend and take a better look

Old 02-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #4
Comeback Kid

I can't find calipers that won't look like Bender's mouth without a drink... after a month. The OE ones are coated, or have a plating, or have an alloy that turns dark grey without looking like a rusty orange. Replacing with SS coated brake cables are easy enough,
Comeback Kid is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:09 AM   #5
flash240

Replace the caliper on both sides....Olathe Toyota has both new and factory rebuilt front calipers...I race on the factory rebuilds fyi
flash240 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:08 PM   #6
jackynitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy5 View Post
I have a 2003 Celica and the front passenger caliper is no longer releasing correctly, causing the pad to rub the rotor all the time. I took it to a shop to confirm and they said I need new rotors and brake hoses. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to get calipers and hoses for our car. Stock is fine or if there are any nicer aftermarket parts that fit that would be great. I need to get asap as this is my only car and the brakes are burning real hot right now.
I would start looking at other parts for your stuck caliper problem. Is moisture getting into your brake fluid and causing corrosion?
jackynitro is offline   Reply With Quote