almost got two tickets for no front plate - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Celica Discussion > Racing Stories > Police Stories/Tickets

Police Stories/Tickets Police Stories & Help With Tickets

Support NCO
Google

Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
kiefer squared

Send a message via AIM to kiefer squared
almost got two tickets for no front plate

I have had my front plate off and a TRD plate in the front of my car for about 2 years. Where I live the cops don't care about the front plate. Example: first day i had it i pulled up behind a cop, nothing happened.

This weekend my parents brought me my car at college and i decided to drive it to visit some friends at another college.
On my way there I was doing about 64 in a 55 (highway). I started driving next to a civic and a cop passed us going the other way. About a mile down the road was an under cover cop in a Charger. I saw him ahead and slowed down to about 60mph throwing the crusie control on. As soon as I pass him (civic is still next to me) he throws on the lights and pulls me over. He comes over to my car and asks if I know the guy in the civic, I said no. Then he asks why we were racing. I told him we were not. He said the cop that passed us said that we were both doing 64 and it looked like we were racing. I told him no. He says he is going to write me a ticket for no front plate, he takes my id goes to his car and returns. First thing he asks was who won the race. Again i told him we were not racing, he told me to put my plate back up and have a good day.

The very next day i was driving back to school and get pulled over by a state trooper who was driving on the side of the road. I pull over. I already know why having just been pulled over the day before. The cop walk over to the side of the car, i have my liscence and stuff ready. He asks for it. I ask why i was being pulled over. He said no front plate. I show him my ticket from the day before. He said that it didn't matter it was a new day and so i could get a new ticket. He asks why there was no plate. I said the car came with the TRD one. Then he asks why i didn;t change it after yesturday. I said that i am traveling and i dont have it with me. He didn't seem to understand that because he asked me more than once why i did not change the plates. He take my information back to the car and comes back 10 min later. He said that he had to go help another officer with something else. So i almost got a second ticket for no front plate.

When i look back at it i think i was targeted for having a modified, sporty looking car. either that or i have bad luck.

o well good bye TRD plate

Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
vegeta4ss
12+ years daily driver

damn that sucks.

I guess you gotta remove the TRD plate or register your car in a different state so you no longer are required to have it. You got any friends or family that lives outside of VA

Vintage Gamer - Will trade OEM and aftermarket spare parts for your old Sega and Nintendo carts.
vegeta4ss is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
arokia010

Send a message via AIM to arokia010 Send a message via Yahoo to arokia010
Wow that's crazy, what does your car look like? I see in your sig it almost looks stock...

Cops sucks, they can be d%&ks some times.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
kiefer squared

its all stock except for rims, smoked third brake light, smoked front turn signals, s2k antenna, and tyc chrome tail lights.

yeah when my parents brought it back home they put the plate back on
Old 09-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
bionictony

some states may or may not require a front plate. plus it also depends on the cop. don't drive next to a civic.
bionictony is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
ShadowLink13

how do they require a front plate!? alot of cars dont have front plates.. what do you do then? I guess i cant travel O.o
ShadowLink13 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
capamr2008

i think front plates are dumb, as you can see im from NC and we dont have them, and my girlfriend goes to college in VA and i cant stand the way yall do things up there. the main one is the front plate, and the next one is the inspection sticker in the middle it may just be me but i think VA needs to redo some stuff. and that second cop is a jack a$$ for trying to write the ticket after you showed him the first one.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #8
xsnakexbitesx

Send a message via AIM to xsnakexbitesx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLink13 View Post
how do they require a front plate!? alot of cars dont have front plates.. what do you do then? I guess i cant travel O.o
if your redgistered in a state that doesnt require a front plate i dont think they could give you a ticket for it, and in MA every one who redgistered there car before they passed the law that you need a front plate then you dont need one.. at least until next year when they are going to make every one who doesnt re-redgister because they only have one.. which sucks cause when i bought my celi the guy from where i bought it asked for the plates to put on then went "oh you dont have brakets for a front plate" and proceeded to drill into my bumper
Old 09-18-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
vtjkychan

I'm slapping on the TRD plate soon and i will still keep my license plate relatively near the same spot... on the bottom grille =d. I guess that should help =/

sig was edited. sig size limit is 500x200 @ 75kb.
vtjkychan is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #10
mr johnson

some states issue 2 plates, hence why they require one on the front, cars can be identified from both directions and it keeps people from putting two plates on two cars.

florida issues only one plate and so there is no plate on the front. you are not going to get a second one if you travel out of state shadowlink.

P E R F O R M A N C E - M O D S: greddy supercharger, snowperformance water-injection, injen cai, wr race-header, tpr-exhaust, apexi pfc, fidanza flywheel, act hd street clutch...

R I C E R - M O D S: too many to list...

. .^__^
. . (oo)\_______
. . (__)\............)\/\
. . . . . .||----w |
. . . . . .|| . . . ||
mr johnson is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
RedBalloons

That first cop is really stupid. If yall were racing wouldn't yall go higher than 64mph??
Mods: Skunk2 drop springs, Custom SRI w/ k&n filter, S2k antenna, Painted gunmetal stock rims, Tinted windows, Piaa blue signal lights, CF Hood Scoop, Green LED dome light, Spoilerless, Pioneer headunit, DDM Tuning 8000k HIDs, White LED parking lights, TRD exhaust, Dual 12'' Merlon subs.

RedBalloons is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #12
RomanTaylor

How can I register my car in different state if I don't live there? I would pick the state with no front license plate and darkest tint limit lol Although, I believe that they can give you a ticket anyways. It's like if you are citizen of one state and commit a crime in another, you will be punished by the second state rules even though you are not citizen there.

Sold: 2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited (auto)
Sold: 2000 Celica GT (5spd)
Sold: 1986 Pontiac Fiero (5spd)
Wrecked/Sold: 1990 Nissan 240SX Hatch (5spd & SR20DET)
Sold: 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 (5spd)
Current: 1992 Nissan 240SX Coupe (5spd swap)
RomanTaylor is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #13
aprcelica

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanTaylor View Post
How can I register my car in different state if I don't live there? I would pick the state with no front license plate and darkest tint limit lol Although, I believe that they can give you a ticket anyways. It's like if you are citizen of one state and commit a crime in another, you will be punished by the second state rules even though you are not citizen there.
Be military, or travel to said state, take with you a bill (like gas/electric/cable for proof of residency), and voila... hence why find a friend or family
aprcelica is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #14
kiefer squared

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBalloons View Post
That first cop is really stupid. If yall were racing wouldn't yall go higher than 64mph??
yeah i thought about that as well, i sure as hell would not be going 64mph

since my sister is driving the car while i am in college i took off the TRD and put my old one back on.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #15
Pool Playen Bob

Send a message via MSN to Pool Playen Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtjkychan View Post
I'm slapping on the TRD plate soon and i will still keep my license plate relatively near the same spot... on the bottom grille =d. I guess that should help =/
just has to be mounted securely to the front of the vehicle.
i got pulled over not to long ago for it too. got a fix it ticket. and actually that guy shouldn't be allowed to write you for it. you have 10 days to get it fixed.

and yea i got pulled over just for the plate when i knew the cop was there. it is what it is. i just keep the trd plate handy for meets and shoots. couple screws and the deed is done.

tj
Pool Playen Bob is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #16
TRD01GT
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!

In MASS. by law you have to have a front plate unless you got a green plate in the back which they stopped issuing around 10 years ago. I have always been driving without a front plate and got a few warnings, but no ticket. The paradox is in the fact that "by law" you have to have a plate in the front, but there is no designated legal punishment for not having one, sort of a loop hole in the system... I'm planning to get a side mounted bracket and mount the plate, I don't need extra attention...

2001GT/6MT
DC SPORTS/MAGNAFLOW/TRD/EXEDY/TWM/INJEN/ROTA/
MUTEKI/ICHIBA/WINGS WEST/BRASH BOY/DDM/BBM/TWM

SilverCelly37: "those clear "bras" are fantastic my mom has one."
TRD01GT via Mod-edit: "Posting long-cat 8065 times in the same post = massive spam. Consider this your only warning..."
TRD01GT is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #17
Aznboi812
Oh Hai

Send a message via Yahoo to Aznboi812
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBalloons View Post
ummm ever thought about just doing like a 40 mph roll or something?
Aznboi812 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #18
Iwritetickets
The_204

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefer squared View Post
When i look back at it i think i was targeted for having a modified, sporty looking car. either that or i have bad luck.

o well good bye TRD plate
Um no u were targeted for no front plate because every state in the US requires it except PA and Delaware
Iwritetickets is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #19
chillan420
ASE Master Technician

Send a message via AIM to chillan420
amost 1 year old thread.... 2 cents is a little late mr. LEO
chillan420 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #20
Iwritetickets
The_204

so.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #21
chillan420
ASE Master Technician

Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #22
Iwritetickets
The_204

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillan420 View Post
Thanks. U must want to do that to me as much as u post in every thread I'm in. Homo. When u get of age let me know so I won't feel bad stepping to an internet toughguy. U must be one of those guys who make up stories about the police and being chased and **** to look cool.

Oh you're 25, it figures dumbass.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:21 AM   #23
chillan420
ASE Master Technician

Old 09-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #24
Iwritetickets
The_204

And it wasn't supposed to be. Now Im done replying to your smart remarks. Talk to me when you have something positive to say.