Anyone in the Chicago area willing to test drive a Subaru WRX STi for me? - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Regional Areas > USA - North Central

USA - North Central North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska.

Support NCO
Google

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
vindiCAtor

Send a message via AIM to vindiCAtor
Anyone in the Chicago area willing to test drive a Subaru WRX STi for me?

So here's the deal, a buddy of mine works at a dealership here in Lincoln and has been scouting auctions for a Subaru WRX STi for me and found one I particularly like in the Chicago area.

The car has too many miles on it for them to ship it here without a guaranteed buyer and it is currently sitting at a questionable dealership - they don't have a mechanic or a shop yet claim it's in good working condition and drives well. The Carfax is clean but there are no service or maintenance records available. It's too much of a risk and investment for me to fly up there and be disappointed so I was curious if someone in the Chicago area would be willing to take it for a test drive and possibly take to a reputable mechanic. I can tell you the specific things to look for and will compensate you for your time and effort.

And come on, who wouldn't want to drive an STi?!?! Hope someone can help me out.