Pave high *resolved* - Page 2 - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Classifieds > Buyer & Seller Feedback

Buyer & Seller Feedback Rate Buyers/Sellers Here.

Support NCO
Google
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 04:34 AM   #51
ucfbaseball24

Ya, there's no real way to estimate how much bubble wrap, cardboard, glue, tape etc. you'll need to build a box for a bumper and side skirts unless you've already done it before. I wasn't trying to make excuses for him, just offering up a scenario that shows he just got in too deep and tried to right the ship but couldn't. Not that he just sold you the parts with no intention to ship them and just wanted to scam you.

2000 GT 1D0 (My baby)                   2006 TC 040 (Fiance's baby)
ucfbaseball24 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2016, 05:33 AM   #52
Celi0090

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfbaseball24 View Post
Ya, there's no real way to estimate how much bubble wrap, cardboard, glue, tape etc. you'll need to build a box for a bumper and side skirts unless you've already done it before. I wasn't trying to make excuses for him, just offering up a scenario that shows he just got in too deep and tried to right the ship but couldn't. Not that he just sold you the parts with no intention to ship them and just wanted to scam you.
I've shipped a fiberglass bumper and materials only cost $30(cardboard included). It's not that hard to ship a bumper. It's finding the time to go leave it to a shipping office when you live far from any service carrier.

If the seller receives money that he/she placed the price on, they must fulfill their obligations to send that item. Their inability to send an item should never affect the buyer as they already had an agreed price.

Same goes to a buyer. A seller reserves the right to refuse the shipping of an item until the buyer has paid the agreed price in full.

From what I have read here, the buyer chose to pay extra for the repackaging of his item(something he wasn't supposed to do). In short, no excuses to not refund Johnny.

Last edited by Celi0090; 02-28-2016 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: More information
Celi0090 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Old 02-28-2016, 11:19 AM   #53
Omnious
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfbaseball24 View Post
Ya, there's no real way to estimate how much bubble wrap, cardboard, glue, tape etc. you'll need to build a box for a bumper and side skirts unless you've already done it before.
Sorry to insist, but yes, any seller MUST evaluate these things before giving the interested buyer a shipping quote. Even if you under-evaluate the costs, it is still the seller's responsibility to either assume the extra costs/work, or re-negotiate the sale with the buyer, with the pending caveat that an immediate refund might be a necessity.

Failure to be able to handle shipping duties is no excuse when someone is trusting you with their money and new purchase.

Additionally, in this case, there's absolutely no excuse for Pave High if the buyer was handling all shipping arrangements from his side:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny123456 View Post
I never payed him for shipping. I had a company ready for shipping i would have payed them. Al he needed to do was pack it so it was ready for shipping. He also didn't have to bring them anywhere because the shippingcompany would have come to the location he gave me for pick-up.

So that would not have been a problem

At the last point he didn't even had to make a box because he could wrap it in bubble wrap. I ask the shippingcompany if that was good and they sayed it was good enough for shipping

"Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that has been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye."
Omnious is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery

Old 02-29-2016, 09:12 AM   #54
johny123456

Sent him a message but no response.
Also i still don't have my money
johny123456 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Old 02-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #55
xlela

Did you open claim with Pay Pal?
xlela is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Old 02-29-2016, 09:39 AM   #56
Omnious

Pave High, aka Keegan Bethke, has been officially added to the shady sellers list.
Don't buy anything from him, should he try to sell here later, or elsewhere.

Members of his Facebook Celica club: please take note at your own risk.

"Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that has been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye."
Old 02-29-2016, 10:13 AM   #57
johny123456

Yes i did. Waiting on that.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #58
Pave High
(..+

The money is pending.

For the record... This transaction is technically outside of disputable length. If i wanted to be a dick bag i could have just counter-disputed you in paypal and you would be boned. Instead i chose to accept without a counter. and have that money withdrawn regardless of having it at my disposal as Brandon mentioned. There are too many pertinents for me to post the full page but my here is a picture of my standing account balance. The dispute is shown as being "Reviewed by paypal" on my end. So... All I'm asking is you be patient.

The money is already gone out of my account. However long it takes to get to you. I don't know man.

I blame no one but myself in this transaction. I blame myself for giving into you instead of just refunding your money the instant i knew it wasn't going to happen. Instead as Brandon said, i caved and continued to try and make it work. This was an extremely complicated matter and i'm not gonna re-hash all the points I've already made about the mountains of evidence presented asking you to accept a refund a half dozen time over 5 months. I've had one other bad experience selling on this board (My tsunami wing) which again was instantly refunded despite the fact that i took a part back that the buyer in all likelihood broke. Outside of that i've got multiple sales without any issue like this. It was just a situation that went bad. I can say i whole heatedly apologize to you Johnny for all the trouble but you should probably own your own problems in this transaction instead of trying to make everything my fault. As far as being a "Shady Seller" or banned or anything like that. I really don't care at all. I know who i am and what I'm about and anyone here or in FCC or anywhere else can attest to that. I've already taken the liberty of removing myself as a FB admin and from the group. I don't need validation or for anyone here to tell me how "right" or "wrong" i am in this situation.

Not going to comment further.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #59
Omnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave High View Post
For the record... This transaction is technically outside of disputable length. If i wanted to be a dick bag i could have just counter-disputed you in paypal and you would be boned. Instead i chose to accept without a counter. and have that money withdrawn regardless of having it at my disposal as Brandon mentioned.

I blame no one but myself in this transaction. I blame myself for giving into you instead of just refunding your money the instant i knew it wasn't going to happen. Instead as Brandon said, i caved and continued to try and make it work. This was an extremely complicated matter and i'm not gonna re-hash all the points I've already made about the mountains of evidence presented asking you to accept a refund a half dozen time over 5 months. I've had one other bad experience selling on this board (My tsunami wing) which again was instantly refunded despite the fact that i took a part back that the buyer in all likelihood broke. Outside of that i've got multiple sales without any issue like this. It was just a situation that went bad. I can say i whole heatedly apologize to you Johnny for all the trouble but you should probably own your own problems in this transaction instead of trying to make everything my fault. As far as being a "Shady Seller" or banned or anything like that. I really don't care at all. I know who i am and what I'm about and anyone here or in FCC or anywhere else can attest to that. I've already taken the liberty of removing myself as a FB admin and from the group. I don't need validation or for anyone here to tell me how "right" or "wrong" i am in this situation.
The only reason we've reached this point is because you remained silent about the situation for the past few weeks, after telling me that you would take care of things.

Yes, it's unfortunate that you had to deal with a recalcitrant buyer, but as long as his money and parts remained in your hands, it was still your responsibility to see the transaction through, or refund the amount paid.
About being a dickbag and keeping (ie. stealing) the funds because of the time lapse status on the transaction, I seriously doubt PayPal would let you brazenly keep them with the amount of evidence shown by the buyer (and by the way, PayPal's buyer protection deadline has been increased to 6 months last year).

Regardless, you state that you deem yourself a respectable member of the Celica community, despite your indifference to your status here on these boards. Fine, if the funds are eventually confirmed as refunded, I'll remove your name from the shady list.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #60
Celi0090

Johny, did you ever get your money back?
Celi0090 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Old 03-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #61
johny123456

Today i called PayPal and they sayed that i would get my money back within a week.

To pave high every story has two sides. Im not trying to put you in dark light but the fact is that you have blocked me in Facebook, the only way for me to contact you because you didn't response on pm here.
And when i sent you an invoice for a full refund you cancelled it and gave me another (one of many) pick-up date.

So in my eyes this was the only way to make you response and resolve this without a claim.

We all know that didn't worked
Old 03-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #62
Pave High
(..+

Refund sent as of this morning.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #63
johny123456

I can confirm that. Got an email from PayPal today. It will be on my account within 5 workdays
Old 03-08-2016, 08:29 AM   #64
Omnious

Glad to see this is getting resolved.
Johny123456, please confirm when the funds are through.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #65
Pave High
(..+

Why am i the only person on the list with my actual name on it... tf?

Anyway, Refund processed on my end. I'll let johnny confirm whenever he can.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #66
johny123456

Just checked my account and i have the amount i payed for the items on my creditcard.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:08 AM   #67
Omnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave High View Post
Why am i the only person on the list with my actual name on it... tf?

Anyway, Refund processed on my end. I'll let johnny confirm whenever he can.
Because a username is harder to use when authorities need to investigate criminal activity.
Specially when some trading happens on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny123456 View Post
Just checked my account and i have the amount i payed for the items on my creditcard.
Excellent. Case resolved and thread closed.

If anything else arises, PM me.

Closed Thread