How to adjust the handbrake lever? - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Site Information & Features > NewCelica.org - Install Guides >    Suspension / Brakes

Support NCO
Google

Old 10-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
kevinsmbuk

How to adjust the handbrake lever?

How do you adjust the handbrake lever, is it just a case of tightening the cable, or is it a bit more complex than that?

Does anyone have a guide?

Cheers in advance!
kevinsmbuk is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
sexyrexy89

You have to take the floor out of the console compartment pry it out w small screw driver remove 2 10mm bolts. take out lower screw both sides in front of seat. take out passenger seat. pry out small oval in front of shifter on automatic. lift back of console I broke some plastic tabs in the front maybe they can be released by taking out the little side plates that cover ecu n fuses. Lift it up n prop it up I used my trouble lite. Get 2 small 10mm wrenches, unjam them. turn bottom nut down entil it feels right then screw other down n jam it. put bolts screws n seat back it. Much bettter ebrake turns!
sexyrexy89 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #3
sexyrexy89

e brake adjust

Oh yeah you can take some slop out @ the brake by turning the bottom adjusters disks through the hole w rubber plug drums just slide off drum dont go too far has to turn wo dragging!
sexyrexy89 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
deniance

pull handbrake up 2 clicks, jack car up so both rear wheels are off the ground, remove wheels, remove rubber plug in brake disc, spin it to nthe 6 o clock position adjust screw through the hole until you cannot spin the disc, repeat both sides replace rubber plug and wheel, lower car, lift handbrake to 3 clicks for a solid brake, no need to rip interior apart, 30mins tops
deniance is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
kortik

deniance got it did that on my matrix 2zz last year.
no need to adjust it under the floor console
Progress RSB, TRD STB, Custom Borla 3", Tein SS, TWM SS, GT2860RS -700cc TK.com kit, JDM helical LSD from spyder, RPS Max/Street, C-One Type R Flywheel, Urethane Filled Motor Mounts, 18" Volks GT-S, HYDRA EMS
kortik is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #6
GLERINK

Send a message via AIM to GLERINK Send a message via MSN to GLERINK
This is extremely simple after I did it the first time I was outraged that I ever paid for such an easy service

AEM - Apexi - Brembo - BFG - Enkei - Fidanza - C one - Trial - Mahle - BC Racing Coilovers - Hotchkis - Monkey Wrench Racing - Beatrush - C-one - RMM - Vis Racing Sport
GLERINK is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
jdzacheis

All you do is remove the center armrest console, if I remember right it's two small screws on each side close to the carpet, and two 10mm bolts in the storage area covered by felt. Should pop right off, then you just tighten the nuts on the cable (right next to the e-brake lever) until it's tight enough, just make sure you don't over tighten it or else your e-brake will be on even though the lever is all the way down. Just play with it a bit until you get it right.
jdzacheis is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
Nevershoutchris
Unknown

Park on a driveway or incline to play with how tight you need it. Don't want your rear brakes partially activated all the time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nevershoutchris is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
GLERINK

Send a message via AIM to GLERINK Send a message via MSN to GLERINK
I did on the actual brakes its pretty damn easy

AEM - Apexi - Brembo - BFG - Enkei - Fidanza - C one - Trial - Mahle - BC Racing Coilovers - Hotchkis - Monkey Wrench Racing - Beatrush - C-one - RMM - Vis Racing Sport
GLERINK is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #10
jdzacheis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLERINK View Post
I did on the actual brakes its pretty damn easy
Ye, it's not so hard to adjust it there if you are already in there doing a brake job or something, but if you're not then I would just adjust it in the interior.
jdzacheis is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote