2000 Celica GT-S with 2005 Corolla XRS engine and 6spd transmission swap - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Regional Areas > USA - Florida

USA - Florida Anyone from the Florida region. This is the place to be.

Support NCO
Google

Old 04-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #1
ant813

2000 Celica GT-S with 2005 Corolla XRS engine and 6spd transmission swap

I bought a jdm celica engine and transmission. I was suppose to be out of a celica but they sent me the wrong engine and it is a corolla 2zz engine and trans. Since i had it for 5 months already there is now more warranty or returns. Due to me being in Poenix for work I was not able to check the engine and trans. Now doing the swap i find out its a corolla 2zz engine and trans. Will transmission bolt up? I heard that it wont but I could probably fabricate new mounts for it. Will shift linkage on celica work with corolla trans? Thank you
ant813 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
Smaay

a 2ZZ is a 2ZZ, yes your transmission will bolt up. use your intake and exhaust manifolds. use your knock sensor.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
hughesjasonk
^^ I'm with stupid ^^

It's the same trans. Just different location of the shifter lever. You can convert the xrs trans for your platform if you had to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer View Post
no one likes to spoon feed
hughesjasonk is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2016, 10:28 PM   #4
King_of_paiin

Dunno if you're still in need of information but I did the same swap w same trans too shifter is opposite you need to use your transmission housing and swap the insides over that's what I had to do :/
King_of_paiin is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:40 PM   #5
ant813

Damn, that fucking sucks. LOL.. I haven't even finish the swap yet. Been really busy with life. Did you take it to the shop or did you swap everything over yourself? Anyways, I used the corolla xrs transmission and used the celica shifter and linkage and it bolts up. It feels like it is going into the gears correctly, but not sure until I start up the engine. I noticed the that the celica linkage is crisscrossed compared to the corolla's parallel shift linkage. Instead of crisscrossing the celica linkage I just installed it parallel. I was thinking if it doesn't work with the celica linkage I'll buy the corolla linkage and try to see if it will work because the celica linkage is longer due to the shifter being in the front of the engine. Let me know your thoughts on what I will be doing since you've done your swap already.
ant813 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote