2017 Honda / Acura NSX - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Other Vehicles > All Other Models

All Other Models Life changes and so does your car.

Support NCO
Google

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
Motor
Super Moderator

2017 Honda / Acura NSX

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/02/...d-for-new-nsx/
Quote:

When Honda unveiled the Advanced Sports Car Concept earlier this year, it said the vehicle was a direct preview of the 2008 Acura NSX. Typically automakers don't say which future production cars ambiguously named concepts are supposed to represent, but Honda officials had no problem disclosing their intentions for this project.

Now it appears the car might be headed back to the drawing board.

Although it wasn't slammed by the automotive press or enthusiasts, the concept didn't get rave reviews, either. It turns out Honda executives were hoping for something more breathtaking, too. As a result, they've asked the design team to rethink their plans, according to a report by Winding Road magazine.

While the basic proportions, V10 engine, and all-wheel-drive will stay, the rest of the package will likely change before production begins in early 2008. Look for the production version of the new NSX will arrive at the Tokyo Motor Show this fall.
Discuss.
Motor is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

Send a message via AIM to lVlemphizStylez Send a message via MSN to lVlemphizStylez Send a message via Yahoo to lVlemphizStylez
god it better not suck this time...There is nothing more gross than a N/A v6 13 second "super car"
lVlemphizStylez is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
Mochiman

Send a message via AIM to Mochiman
haha i hope they go back to the hsc concept. that car looked better than the ascc

TRD:Tein:KYB:RMM:AEM:Boosted2.0:Pioneer:Kenwood:To yo:Motegi
Mochiman is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
marc
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlemphizStylez
god it better not suck this time...There is nothing more gross than a N/A v6 13 second "super car"
I'm told its really pleasurable to drive and good for daily use

Senna himself designed it!

It just didn't have enough power . . . . you know you're in trouble when a $30,000 Z can beat you around the ring (8:38 v. 8:26)
Old 02-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #5
neological

Send a message via AIM to neological Send a message via Yahoo to neological
The NSX didn't suck when it came out in the early 90's, it just sucked 10 years later.

Honda was disappointed that it wasn't "breathtaking?" I guess they're used to disappointment on a grand scale at Honda HQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted 2.0
You are quite possibly the most dangerous person in OT. You look down on Black people.
neological is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
Carbonized_GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by neological
The NSX didn't suck when it came out in the early 90's, it just sucked 10 years later.

"Who needs fame, and who needs fortune?
Cause I've got guts, and I've got glory.
We took a shot in the dark, and we might have failed.
This is our one chance."
Carbonized_GT is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:28 PM   #7
neological

I just looked at the ASCC again and it looks like a clay model/CAD project...like they weren't quite finished with it.

Quote:
You are quite possibly the most dangerous person in OT. You look down on Black people.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #8
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

Send a message via AIM to lVlemphizStylez Send a message via MSN to lVlemphizStylez Send a message via Yahoo to lVlemphizStylez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonized_GT
nah it definitely sucked when it debuted too.. HIGH 13 second super car...for 80k...no that was never cool
Old 02-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #9
marc

Quote:
nah it definitely sucked when it debuted too.. HIGH 13 second super car...for 80k...no that was never cool
I guess its not possible for you to comprehend that vehicles can do more than accelerate in a straight line.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

You're right...its not...and anyone that purchased a 80k NSX and could have the new Camry hang with them on the highway should feel stupid...Cant remember the last time I did a "Canyon Run"...But I do remember the last time I got on the on ramp on I-95

What would you say to the Camry that just made your Super Car look stupid?? That youd own him if you were on a mountain side?? For 80k I better have some acceleration as well as handling...
Old 02-23-2007, 08:28 PM   #11
marc

Quote:
You're right...its not...and anyone that purchased a 80k NSX and could have the new Camry hang with them on the highway should feel stupid...Cant remember the last time I did a "Canyon Run"...But I do remember the last time I got on the on ramp on I-95

What would you say to the Camry that just made your Super Car look stupid?? That youd own him if you were on a mountain side?? For 80k I better have some acceleration as well as handling...
I was unaware that a Camry can do 175 mph or hit the 1/4 mile in 13.4 seconds at 106 mph

http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Acura/2002/NSX/
Old 02-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #12
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

hey we all make mistakes...it costs near 90k now...it was 80k then..And it was still slow as ****..

1991 Acura NSX 5.8 14.4
1992 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1993 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1994 Acura NSX 5.3 13.6
1996 Acura NSX 5.2 13.8

The standards of today have changed again...and once again even the 2002 NSX is lack luster in the area..They seriously need to kill off the car or make it have some more balls if you want to put it in the Exotic class..If it's price tag was say...50k ok I can live with it being that slow...but for almost 100k...mid 13's?? no sir..

http://www.exoticcarsite.com/0-60-qu...mile-times.htm
Old 02-24-2007, 05:45 AM   #13
Nasty_impulse

Memphiz some ppl buy cars for more than just straight line speed, I'm more likely to notice a 2002 acura NSX on the road than a 2007 Camry ,and most NSX's can be had for $30-$40k,there is actually a dealership around here selling a 2002 for $32,995 with 51k miles, while my grandparents just spent $24k on a brand new camry XLE V6. For less than $10k more you can have styling,sound,handling.
Nasty_impulse is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:47 AM   #14
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

then they must depreciate like no other car on the market....Cause base new they are 80-90k...Hell a 2002 RSX holds better value than a 2002 Acura NSX??? Well there must be a reason it depreciates so quickly (Nobody in their right mind is paying the exotic car price while not getting the exotic car performance)..What other 2002 "Exotic" can you buy at 50k?? Probably none

I'll say it again...Straight line speed may not be the only factor..But god damn it if I'm paying 100 grand for a car it better have a complete package...At 100k it shouldn't be significantly WEAK AS **** in any area..

Last edited by lVlemphizStylez; 02-24-2007 at 06:03 AM..
Old 02-24-2007, 06:25 AM   #15
neological

Any expensive honda depreciates like crazy.

my defense of the NSX:

Ayrton = God.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #16
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

Quote:
100 grand for a car it better have a complete package...At 100k it shouldn't be significantly WEAK AS **** in any area..
In response to your videos...It may like own mountain sides (Can't say I've ran into those in the City...like where the majority of ppl live)...But it's still lack luster in straight line acceleration...Hell the 25-30k boy racer Evo has more merit as a complete package...Straight line performance sells cars here...to deny that would be naive
Old 02-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #17
neological

I know it's overpriced. I know it isn't as good as other contemporary cars but I'll always like the NSX for stupid reasons that have nothing to do with speed or value.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #18
marc

Quote:
hey we all make mistakes...it costs near 90k now...it was 80k then..And it was still slow as ****..

1991 Acura NSX 5.8 14.4
1992 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1993 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1994 Acura NSX 5.3 13.6
1996 Acura NSX 5.2 13.8

The standards of today have changed again...and once again even the 2002 NSX is lack luster in the area..They seriously need to kill off the car or make it have some more balls if you want to put it in the Exotic class..If it's price tag was say...50k ok I can live with it being that slow...but for almost 100k...mid 13's?? no sir..

http://www.exoticcarsite.com/0-60-qu...mile-times.htm
They already killed the car off
Old 02-24-2007, 08:59 AM   #19
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

yea and all I was saying that if they bring it back this time it better not be a repeat of that sad excuse for an exotic
Old 02-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #20
marc

Quote:
yea and all I was saying that if they bring it back this time it better not be a repeat of that sad excuse for an exotic
A few choice quotes from edmunds.com

Sports Car Comparison Test
Second Place - Acura NSX-T

By Greg Anderson
Date posted: 11-13-2000

The Acura NSX is the best car I have ever driven (current company included), and several of my colleagues share this sentiment. Well-balanced, perfectly poised, easy to drive, powerful, graceful -- the NSX is a precision instrument that is forgiving enough to make drivers of diverse skills feel like pros.

Inside, the NSX is as comfortable to drive as the Honda Accord. All controls are logically placed, the seating position is nothing short of perfect, the targa top is easily stored and visibility is better than the rest. The NSX beat the 911 soundly when it came to interior design. Where the 911's only useful display is its tachometer, the NSX was clearly well-planned to accommodate the driver.

As a purist test of automotive excellence, the NSX is unsurpassed. The shift action is simply amazing, the clutch and brake pedals are well-placed and provide excellent feedback, and steering is razor-sharp.

It beat the Viper and Carrera and lost to the Corvette because the Vette cost half as much, not because it was a better car (which is how the Vette wins all comparisons - it is probably one of the greatest performance bargains of all time)
Old 02-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #21
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

you just posted a review that focused highly on the car's interior positioning and comforts...come on...and you don't think that hurts your cause of saying the NSX performance isn't lack luster by it's class?? Grab a same review of any legitimate 2000 exotic...Put them side by side and see what shouldn't be short from obvious...If I make the interior of a Geo ultimately perfect and it's shift response awesome..can I too call it an Exotic and stick a 100k price tag on it??? When most people including myself think "exotic" it should be just that...Exotic..IE all aspects of the car are rare..Including it's performance...There is nothing rare about an upper 13 second car in the year 2000...When bolt on 4 banger sport compacts of the same year can achieve your exotic car performance...You kind of lose the right..I don't think the NSX is a bad car...I think it's a car with a mistaken identity...It shouldnt have ever been marketed as an exotic and it's price should have been in the 40-60k range...When you give it the 100 grand price tag...youve opened up the car to be compared to cars of that class...Which it doesnt compare with..

Last edited by lVlemphizStylez; 02-24-2007 at 12:20 PM..
Old 02-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #22
marc

Quote:
you just posted a review that focused highly on the car's interior positioning and comforts...come on...and you don't think that hurts your cause of saying the NSX performance isn't lack luster by it's class?? Grab a same review of any legitimate 2000 exotic...Put them side by side and see what shouldn't be short from obvious...If I make the interior of a Geo ultimately perfect and it's shift response awesome..can I too call it an Exotic and stick a 100k price tag on it??? When most people including myself think "exotic" it should be just that...Exotic..IE all aspects of the car are rare..Including it's performance...There is nothing rare about an upper 13 second car in the year 2000...When bolt on 4 banger sport compacts of the same year can achieve your exotic car performance...You kind of lose the right..I don't think the NSX is a bad car...I think it's a car with a mistaken identity...It shouldnt have ever been marketed as an exotic and it's price should have been in the 40-60k range...When you give it the 100 grand price tag...youve opened up the car to be compared to cars of that class...Which it doesnt compare with..
Let me repost the first paragraph.
And remember, this man drove the NSX in the company of a C5 Z06, a Viper, and a 911

"The Acura NSX is the best car I have ever driven (current company included), and several of my colleagues share this sentiment. Well-balanced, perfectly poised, easy to drive, powerful, graceful -- the NSX is a precision instrument that is forgiving enough to make drivers of diverse skills feel like pros."
Old 02-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #23
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

so the comfortable ride and good handling is worth 100k?? even though it can be outran by most sports cars (not exotics...but regular old 25-30k sports cars, the exotics would laugh at it pass it, slow down and pass it again) on the road that are a fraction of its price?? Eh to each his own...I cant see myself paying 100k for a car because it drove comfortably...and it can wind down mountains like nobody's business
Old 02-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #24
Carbonized_GT

in 1990 This was a great car. Hell it still is, used. You can pick one up for 28k, and own an exotic.

This is our one chance."
Old 02-24-2007, 05:12 PM   #25
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

It doesn't help that in 2002 it was still slow...over a decade later...Guess they didn't get the memo that upper 13's were fast in the early 90's...not also a decade later...
Old 02-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #26
omabramo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonized_GT
in 1990 This was a great car. Hell it still is, used. You can pick one up for 28k, and own an exotic.

if you have the money for a toy like the nsx, then aftermarket is your friend for the power need

'03 Celica GT/AT - died doing what it loves best.
'82 Porsche 924 Turbo - a project car only a mother could love, or in this case, a yung-and-dumb tard :D
Prancing Moose C30 - New/Future DD (on some boat as of 04/2011)
omabramo is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:00 AM   #27
Nasty_impulse

high 13's is great when you live in an area where some dumbass thinks his civic is unbeatable cause he broke into the 14's at the track.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:42 AM   #28
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

Ohio must clearly be very uneventful then...Im sorry
Old 02-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #29
marc

Let me put it this way, since some people don't seem to "get it"

My 115 hp Miata was the most enjoyable, fun to drive car I have ever owned.

Do you "get it" yet? If not, go drive one or drive an NSX, or drive a "slow" BMW with a sports package suspension/wheels/tires - you'll see what I'm talking about.

Good cars are the sum of their parts - far more than numbers or straight line speed.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:22 AM   #30
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

Sorry I get it...but what I get isn't worth 100k....It's just that simple...the car is overpriced and underpowered...If your Miata ran 50k new would you buy it??? It can be pleasurable...fine, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is clearly overpriced...
Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 AM   #31
SickCelica696

Send a message via AIM to SickCelica696
It's not like they run low 12's for a couple grand for anything.. It's a terrible car. Or that they hang with gallardo's, R34's, etc on the track.

For it's day the NSX was awesome. That day has past though. Now the NSX is just a rare car that guys buy to look cool cruising the strip.

MS3 GT: Lost count of mods
2000 GT-S for sale, $5000, PM me.
SickCelica696 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:42 AM   #32
lVlemphizStylez
Banned

it ran 13's in 2002...you can sugar coat if you want...thats slow in 2002...
Old 02-25-2007, 02:00 PM   #33
marc

Quote:
Sorry I get it...but what I get isn't worth 100k....It's just that simple...the car is overpriced and underpowered...If your Miata ran 50k new would you buy it??? It can be pleasurable...fine, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is clearly overpriced...
I will agree with you in this statement - anybody who buys an NSX new is a retard.

HOWEVER - you can get them for as low as $20,000 for the pre-97s, and you can get a 97 (with the 3.2) for $30,000

As a toy car, I would certainly put it in the running with other similarly priced used performance cars (993 911, E46 M3) and would take it over a 350Z or S2000 every day of the week

its the rarity factor - there just aren't that many out there - get one for $25,000, drop it on coilovers, buy some wheels, get a throaty exhaust, put a nice lip on there and enjoy the stares everywhere you go.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #34
nyoneway

Send a message via AIM to nyoneway
You're all talking **** about a car that came out in 1990 (1991 model) vs today's designs. In it's days, it was better than any Porsche or Ferrari. This car is 16 years old.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #35
marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyoneway
You're all talking **** about a car that came out in 1990 (1991 model) vs today's designs. In it's days, it was better than any Porsche or Ferrari. This car is 16 years old.
Exactly - it forced Ferrari to build a car you could actually drive, and it was competitive with 911s until the 996 came out (and I'm told, still more fun to drive)
Old 02-25-2007, 10:35 PM   #36
Punkers7465

sorry to change the topic back to the new NSX but I heard rumors that it might have it's engine in the front?? In a lot of peoples eye's (mine included although I've never driven one) the mid engine layout contributed to it's superb handling characteristics as well as it's uniqueness. I'd be disappointed to see a front engined NSX.

[email protected] with stock ecu/street tires
Punkers7465 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:15 AM   #37
marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkers7465
sorry to change the topic back to the new NSX but I heard rumors that it might have it's engine in the front?? In a lot of peoples eye's (mine included although I've never driven one) the mid engine layout contributed to it's superb handling characteristics as well as it's uniqueness. I'd be disappointed to see a front engined NSX.
The rumor is a front engine v6 hard top sh-awd 2+2 to replace the s2000, and some sort of frone-engined v10 monster to replace the NSX

http://www.s2ki.com/Home/index.php?o...d=252&Itemid=6

http://www.s2ki.com/Home/index.php?o...d=347&Itemid=6
Old 02-26-2007, 12:09 PM   #38
TW00Si

Send a message via AIM to TW00Si
The NSX was and still is a fun exotic car. On the plus side, it's reliable. I've driven a 92 NSX and it is surely easy to drive and a hoot at that. It would definetly be a bummer if the new NSX has a front engine. But then again, ferrari has a front engine exotic so why not.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #39
Carbonized_GT

i always will relate a NSX with a mid engined exotic, it will be weird without it. Similar with a RX series car without a Rotary.

This is our one chance."
Old 04-25-2007, 08:23 AM   #40
Motor
Super Moderator

Acura NSX Powertrain Taking Shape

http://news.windingroad.com/tech/jap...n-taking-shape
[QUOTE]As Honda engineers continue to work away in secret on the new V-10 engine for the Acura NSX replacement, now comes word that Honda
Motor is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #41
GSBoek
Daddy Daycare

Me too. I really wonder how they are going to hit the 10km/L mark, with my Celica I'm at approximately 10.5 right now. BTW 10lm/L is more like 26 mpg.

202 CREW ........................... No. 30002
GSBoek is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #42
neological

Who buys cars like that for the gas mileage? Only Honda would misplace their priorities so badly.

That picture looks like a half-finished clay model.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #43
marc

I'll take a 1998 NSX with pop up headlights and bolts ons for a nice 10:1 power/weight ratio

thank you, drive thru
Old 04-25-2007, 11:45 AM   #44
Kani

As always with this new NSX business: Not mid engine, not interested.

Also given what Honda will undoubtably charge for it, I bet pretty much any other car period will be a better deal.
--------------------------
Kani is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #45
GSBoek
Daddy Daycare

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
I'll take a 1998 NSX with pop up headlights and bolts ons for a nice 10:1 power/weight ratio

thank you, drive thru
You got it!

202 CREW ........................... No. 30002
GSBoek is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #46
neological

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kani
Also given what Honda will undoubtably charge for it, I bet pretty much any other car period will be a better deal.
That was true of the old NSX too.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #47
marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kani
As always with this new NSX business: Not mid engine, not interested.

The NSX isn't really about a deal

I mean, if you want a deal, get an S2000 - it performs as well as the last NSX

the NSX is about having an exotic looking car that you can take to the honda dealership for service, drive comfortably for 500 miles at a time, park normally, and go over curbs/speedbumps with.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:04 PM   #48
GTsRasta
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA

Send a message via Yahoo to GTsRasta
Yet some still cost $30,000+...oh well. I'd love to see the pricing and specs on this car when it comes out!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:09 AM   #49
Nasty_impulse

Yea I don't think I'd ever rock a new one unless it was mid-engine and had a more "right now" appearance(I'm sick of concepts looking like cars outta "I Robot" and other movies).Also unless they price it with the GTR and Corvette, it won't get much attention, as hardly anyone will touch a honda with a base price of $75K+.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:29 AM   #50
omabramo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty_impulse
Yea I don't think I'd ever rock a new one unless it was mid-engine and had a more "right now" appearance(I'm sick of concepts looking like cars outta "I Robot" and other movies).

'03 Celica GT/AT - died doing what it loves best.
'82 Porsche 924 Turbo - a project car only a mother could love, or in this case, a yung-and-dumb tard :D
Prancing Moose C30 - New/Future DD (on some boat as of 04/2011)
omabramo is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote