A New Classified System is Here! Do you have something to sell? - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Celica Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General Automotive Discussion Posts Here.

Support NCO
Google

Old 07-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
larryd

Send a message via AIM to larryd Send a message via Yahoo to larryd
A New Classified System is Here! Do you have something to sell?

A new classified system is here which boasts new features such as...

Benefits for buyers:

* Improved marketplace security
* Seller screening
* Tools to sort, filter, and search the marketplace
* Photo gallery of marketplace items
* The ability to purchase with your favorite credit or debit card

Benefits for sellers:

* Simplified listing creation and photo uploading tools
* Payment collection and verification
* A visually stunning gallery to showcase your items
* Email alerts
* Enhanced exposure and promotional options

You can use the new tools for free. If you choose to use the new payment processing tools, there is a flat 4% final value fee. For example, if you list an item for $100, you will receive $96. Again, you can opt out of this premium service. The fee goes toward covering credit card interchange fees, customer service, and general support of the community.

Learn more about the new buyer benefits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBpJ7kQ0knA

Learn more about the new seller benefits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLM4l3jEtAk
larryd is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
hughesjasonk
^^ I'm with stupid ^^

looks kinda like ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer View Post
no one likes to spoon feed
hughesjasonk is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
DxBOY15
@celicatoast

interesting
Old 07-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
Pave High
(..+

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryd View Post
A new classified system is here
good work
Old 07-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
shootfighter65

One problem I noticed is it requires putting in a shipping cost when selling an item...there is no way to know that until you have buyers zip code ... I have some items that I tried to list but couldnt get around this glitch... Am I missing something?
shootfighter65 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
panjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootfighter65 View Post
One problem I noticed is it requires putting in a shipping cost when selling an item...there is no way to know that until you have buyers zip code ... I have some items that I tried to list but couldnt get around this glitch... Am I missing something?
You are correct. The current version of the Celica marketplace requires you to assign a flat shipping cost to your listing. A dynamic shipping calculator is coming in ~3 months. It is on the product roadmap.

In the meantime:

Suggestion 1) List a shipping price that would cover most locations.
Suggestion 2) If your item sells to a buyer who is very expensive to ship to, you can refund the buyer or collect a shipping surcharge from the buyer before completing the transaction.
Suggestion 3) Bake a shipping cost into your listing price and advertise the item as $0 shipping.

Thanks for your patience while we deploy a shipping calculator and many other features to the NewCelica marketplace.

Please keep the questions and feedback coming.

-Chad
NewCelica Marketplace Support Team Member
panjo is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
Pave High
(..+

http://postimg.org/image/830khf14d/

Having the above issue when trying to route to Panjo through NC.org

please advise.

Edit: What happens when you have items that you're not looking for a set price for? I'm looking to make a sale and im willing to take any offers.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
shootfighter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave High View Post
Edit: What happens when you have items that you're not looking for a set price for? I'm looking to make a sale and im willing to take any offers.
I had this same issue...why not remove the requirement to put in a shipping price? Even with a shipping calculator I would still need a zip code...and the item is just being listed...not sold yet
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
Pave High
(..+

Quote:
I had this same issue...why not remove the requirement to put in a shipping price? Even with a shipping calculator I would still need a zip code...and the item is just being listed...not sold yet
Yes i concur, remove shipping requirement and also make best offer sales possible.

or at least allow for normal F/S threads until the system is a little more ironed out.

My 2 cents
Old 07-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
shootfighter65

Quote:
Yes i concur, remove shipping requirement and also make best offer sales possible.

or at least allow for normal F/S threads until the system is a little more ironed out.

My 2 cents
Agreed why not go back to the way it was until they come up with a better system...
Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

I cant figure out how to bypass this new system. I'm not creating another new account to sell things
Old 07-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
Pave High
(..+

Quote:
Agreed why not go back to the way it was until they come up with a better system...
Not sure, I'm sure this is a dry-run for what will be the eventuality of sales on NC.org but for right now it's kind of inconvenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KGTrd View Post
I cant figure out how to bypass this new system. I'm not creating another new account to sell things
It's giving me problems too, And I'm waiting to sell things You getting jammed up on the email portion?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #13
panjo

Quote:
http://postimg.org/image/830khf14d/

Having the above issue when trying to route to Panjo through NC.org

please advise.

Sorry to hear about the connection issue. I see you are on a PC. What browser are you using? In the meantime:
1. Quit your browser
2. Head to: https://www.newcelica.org/forums/classifieds.php
3. Click "Sell an item"
4. Attempt to connect your account

Next topic: If you have items to sell and you don't have a set price for the items, there is an "OBO" feature built into the marketplace. Follow these steps:
1. List an item for sale
2. In step 2 of 4 there are some "Optional" options.

3. Check "Best Offer. I will consider offers from buyers."

The system will add a link to your listing that allows a buyer to submit an offer for your item. That same system allows you to quickly and easily send the prospective buyer a checkout page for the item with a price that you mutually agree upon.

Example:
You list an item for $100. You opt into accepting 'best offers.' A buyer offers you $90. You accept the offer and send the buyer a private checkout page to pay the mutually agreed upon price for the item. In the meantime, the item is still listed to the public for $100. It is theoretically possible for a second buyer to purchase the item for $100 before the initial buyer purchases for $90. If the initial buyer (who has a link to a private $90 checkout page) attempts to purchase the item after another buyer purchased for a higher price, the system will not allow two purchases.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
panjo

Quote:
You can enter a shipping price of $0
Old 07-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
panjo

Quote:
You don't need to create a new account. Once you "connect" your account once, you can seamlessly move between the new marketplace tools and NC.org. You don't need to create a new credential set.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #16
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

Quote:
It's giving me problems too, And I'm waiting to sell things You getting jammed up on the email portion?
No i'm flat out not using this program to sell. I shouldnt have to sign up on another account to be able to sell 3rd party and then use a separate 3rd party check out to be able to sell on a different 3rd party website.

Selling parts on NC should not be an orgy
Old 07-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #17
Pave High
(..+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panjo View Post
You don't need to create a new account. Once you "connect" your account once, you can seamlessly move between the new marketplace tools and NC.org. You don't need to create a new credential set.
I'm on Chrome for Windows XP. Also tried on Mozilla and IE.

Please elaborate on "Connecting" an account.

Quitting my browser and re-trying does not work. maybe I'm missing a step or something
Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #18
panjo

Quote:
No i'm flat out not using this program to sell. I shouldnt have to sign up on another account to be able to sell 3rd party and then use a separate 3rd party check out to be able to sell on a different 3rd party website. Selling parts on NC should not be an orgy
For clarity, you are not required to use 3rd party check out. You can use the new tools to create and manage listings and do checkout on your own, just as before.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #19
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

Quote:
For clarity, you are not required to use 3rd party check out. You can use the new tools to create and manage listings and do checkout on your own, just as before.
Do you work as support for this 3rd party company?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #20
panjo

Quote:
I'm on Chrome for Windows XP. Also tried on Mozilla and IE.

Please elaborate on "Connecting" an account.

Quitting my browser and re-trying does not work. maybe I'm missing a step or something
First, thanks for trying all those browsers. I am sorry you are having a technical issue. We will investigate.

You asked, what does it mean to connect an account?

NC.org runs on the vBulletin software platform. NC.org installed a vBulletin marketplace plugin that is made by Panjo. For security purposes (SSL) and in order to speed the continual flow of new features to the marketplace, aspects of the plugin are hosted on Panjo's servers. When you "connect your account" you are doing the following...
1) You are becoming a registered member of Panjo. Panjo works with many vBulletin-based forums.
2) You only have to "connect your account" once. As long as you are logged into NC.org, you will be logged into the NC.org marketplace tools powered by Panjo.
3) Connecting your account enables the marketplace to post a new thread with your listing in the correct subforum when you sell an item. Connecting your account enables the marketplace to PM you if you have an offer or sale of your item.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #21
panjo

Quote:
Do you work as support for this 3rd party company?
There are six of us at Panjo. We help forum owners, buyers, and sellers. In particular, my name is Chad. I am at 1 (424) 272-0291
Old 07-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #22
Pave High
(..+

Understood Chad, I was more inquiring as to how exactly i "connect" my account.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #23
panjo

Quote:
Understood Chad, I was more inquiring as to how exactly i "connect" my account.
Ah. If you head here: https://www.newcelica.org/forums/classifieds.php

And click "sell an item"

You will be prompted to 'connect your account' before you create your first listing. You just have to submit a valid email to 'connect your account.'

The plugin used to grab the email address users have on file with the forum. However, we found that email addresses on file with the forum can be outdated and buyers and sellers were missing messages related to their listings and transactions. Thus, the added step of submitting an email before creating a first listing.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #24
Omnious
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis

Can you sell multiple items in one thread? A lot of us are parting out cars or projects here.
And how would your interface handle multiple purchases from the same ad?
To be honest, I don't see users creating a new thread for each and every item that potential buyers might ask for...

Another thing that we had implemented here was a system in which sellers HAD to submit a photo of the items for sale, with their username next to them on a piece of paper: https://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=346822
This was to prevent fraud by proving to buyers that the parts was actually in the possession of the seller, and to allow buyers to ascertain the condition of the part.

Does your interface have any such requirements?

"Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that has been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye."

Last edited by Omnious; 07-23-2013 at 12:53 PM..
Omnious is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #25
Pave High
(..+

Quote:
You will be prompted to 'connect your account' before you create your first listing. You just have to submit a valid email to 'connect your account.'
And therein lies the rub, I've tried like 9 different emails, via 3 different internet connected devices. There is obviously an issue. Maybe user error but i highly doubt I'm so stupid as to not be able to type in an email and hit enter (See above picture) I don't mean to be pushy about this but I'm waiting to sell a few items and I'm losing out on time that the item could have been listed a dozen times over by now. >.> - Thank you for your quick replies and concern for my issue.

@Larryd - I have a verified problem, Can you allow me to make a regular thread so that i can get my items up?
Old 07-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #26
panjo

Quote:
And therein lies the rub, I've tried like 9 different emails, via 3 different internet connected devices. There is obviously an issue. Maybe user error but i highly doubt I'm so stupid as to not be able to type in an email and hit enter (See above picture) I don't mean to be pushy about this but I'm waiting to sell a few items and I'm losing out on time that the item could have been listed a dozen times over by now. >.> - Thank you for your quick replies and concern for my issue.

@Larryd - I have a verified problem, Can you allow me to make a regular thread so that i can get my items up?
Pave High - We are sorry to hear you are having these issues. We tested the heck out of this and can't reproduce the issue you are having. We have a way to set up an account for you. We are going to do that. We will PM you to help you out.

UPDATE: we found the source of the issue. look for our PM.

Last edited by panjo; 07-23-2013 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: updated info
Old 07-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #27
panjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
Can you sell multiple items in one thread? A lot of us are parting out cars or projects here.
And how would your interface handle multiple purchases from the same ad?
To be honest, I don't see users creating a new thread for each and every item that potential buyers might ask for...

Another thing that we had implemented here was a system in which sellers HAD to submit a photo of the items for sale, with their username next to them on a piece of paper: https://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=346822
This was to prevent fraud by proving to buyers that the parts was actually in the possession of the seller, and to allow buyers to ascertain the condition of the part.

Does your interface have any such requirements?
You can create a single ad for a part out situation. Obviously the experience will be suboptimal for you as the seller and the buyer. You might consider creating a handful of ads for parts that would be in demand and then a blanket ad for the rest of the parts.

As for the legacy system of photos & paper with usernames, we defer to the NG.org leadership as to their desire to maintain that policy.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #28
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

I dont want to register my email. How can I still sell on the forum?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #29
2004GTS

Make this service optional. It takes too much work, keep it how it was.
2004GTS is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #30
Bitter

Private sales via PM for me from now on...
Originally Posted by JCMiller View Post
I'm gay
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98
no, don't even waste your time. if you want a honest sticker, at least get one that says "objects in mirror aren't really racing, so quit trying"...
Bitter is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #31
Omnious
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis

Quote:
You can create a single ad for a part out situation. Obviously the experience will be suboptimal for you as the seller and the buyer.
I'm not sure why you say that it would be suboptimal for either buyer or seller. Our original system was perfectly convenient for these purposes and was actually designed to involve the whole community through the feedback system, by ensuring that seller professionalism was maintained and mass pressure was applied to scammers.

Quote:
As for the legacy system of photos & paper with usernames, we defer to the NG.org leadership as to their desire to maintain that policy.
I happen to be the classifieds moderator, until this system was implemented. I don't seem to have much control over this new interface though...

From my experience, after years helping on this site, I suggest that the rule of "paper with username" should be maintained at all cost. I understand that your interface is supposed to offer additional security, although PayPal seemed efficient enough to me already, but there's nothing more reassuring for a buyer than to actually SEE the items for sale before showing interest. This should be a mandatory requirement to even be able to submit a thread through your system.

I say this wholly with the security of the community in mind.

"Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that has been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye."
Omnious is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #32
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryd View Post
Benefits for buyers:

* Improved marketplace security [CONTROLLED WITH IMAGES OF USERNAME]
* Seller screening [SHADY SELLERS LIST]
* Tools to sort, filter, and search the marketplace [SEARCH FEATURE - MORE PEOPLE NEED TO USE THIS ANYWAYS]
* Photo gallery of marketplace items [UPLOAD IMAGES TO NC.ORG GALLERY AND LINK]
* The ability to purchase with your favorite credit or debit card [PAYPAL ALREADY OFFERS THIS FEATURE]

Benefits for sellers:

* Simplified listing creation and photo uploading tools []
* Payment collection and verification [PAYPAL DID A GREAT JOB OF THIS THROUGH EMAIL]
* A visually stunning gallery to showcase your items [BAD ORIGINAL IMAGES ARE STILL BAD NO MATTER HOW THEY ARE DISPLAYED]
* Email alerts [ALREADY HAVE THESE FROM PM AND EMAILS]
* Enhanced exposure and promotional options [SPAM THE CHAT BOX]

This entire system is completely unnecessary. The mods and other members have done a great job of keeping people in line and sales have seemed to be going very well this year so far I haven't heard of any huge scams. But when it boils down to it people will steal if they want to steal, this program is not going to prevent that. and makes it that much more complicated and harder for trustworthy and honest members to sell on the forum.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #33
shootfighter65

I just got a PM someone said I would have better luck selling by adding the location...I was required to put in my zip code I assumed Panjo would display my location in my add..Now not sure how to edit it or if I want to...Cant this system be made optional?
Old 07-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #34
Pave High
(..+

WE FEAR CHANGE!!!!!!!!

But really, seems like a lot of negative feedback. I concur with all of the above. System is completely over complex, it's a neat idea in theory but i don't think it's translating that well to application. Maybe over time it will come to be a lot more effective but as of right now, we absolutely need the option to sell items the "old" way. I went to do a listing last night and found several more bugs/things of concern. Should i PM @Panjo with my information?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #35
narly charley
Poopin' on Scrubz

Not a fan of it... I like the old way. FAST, and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfunny107 View Post
I am a small Asian person

narly charley is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #36
2004GTS

Make the system optional
2004GTS is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #37
forzaforreal
Lurk

A New Classified System is Here! Do you have something to sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004GTS View Post
Make the system optional
At least until the bugs get worked out.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #38
shootfighter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by narly charley View Post
not a fan of it... I like the old way. Fast, and simple.
i agree times 10 !!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #39
panjo

Quote:
I just got a PM someone said I would have better luck selling by adding the location...I was required to put in my zip code I assumed Panjo would display my location in my add..Now not sure how to edit it or if I want to...
You can quickly edit your listing one of two ways...

If you just open your listing:
https://www.newcelica.org/forums/classifieds.php
You will find a button that reads "edit this listing."

Also - in the upper right corner of the screen there is a drop down that reads "My Marketplace Tools." You can choose "My Active Listings" from that drop down to edit your listing.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #40
panjo

Quote:
I went to do a listing last night and found several more bugs/things of concern. Should i PM @Panjo with my information?
If you found any bugs/things of concern please report them to us. [email protected] is the best email for any issue. You can also call us at: 1.424.272.0291
Old 07-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #41
Pave High
(..+

Will do. On the cell right now but I'll shoot a detailed email over within the next 24 hours

Last edited by Pave High; 07-24-2013 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: my phone
Pave High is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #42
Celicasaur
Bring on the 12's...

I just tried to make a for sale thread but lost interest half way.
Can't we just have the old system back? It was so much faster and easier to set up a thread.
Goals for 2014:
12's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2way View Post
While your speaking to your clergy about marriage ceremony, see if he does exorcisms.
Celicasaur is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #43
Bitter

No more sale threads, only WTB threads and then sellers respond with tagged photos. WIN!
Originally Posted by JCMiller View Post
I'm gay
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98
no, don't even waste your time. if you want a honest sticker, at least get one that says "objects in mirror aren't really racing, so quit trying"...
Bitter is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #44
R I C H I E
The Seventh Letter

I'm confused

3p0 Certified
R I C H I E is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:54 AM   #45
Celicasaur
Bring on the 12's...

Go to the sale forum ^^^ and click New Thread...
Goals for 2014:
12's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2way View Post
While your speaking to your clergy about marriage ceremony, see if he does exorcisms.
Celicasaur is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #46
GalloKaze
The Brotéch

What about posting multiple items with multiple prices? Do I have to make a listing for each one? I have been wanting to post a new thread but I do not see a way to do this and I am getting really irritated.
Susp: Tanabe/KYB/XXR/TRD/Cusco/Megan
Perfomance: K&N/RMM/SRS/Gripforce
Body: TRD/Greddy/DDM/03+ Conversion

GalloKaze is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #47
Pave High
(..+

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalloKaze View Post
What about posting multiple items with multiple prices? Do I have to make a listing for each one? I have been wanting to post a new thread but I do not see a way to do this and I am getting really irritated.
I feel ya, I was hoping the negative feedback would at least get us the option of the old way. I made a listing for one item. and then a seperate listing for a bunch of other small items as advised above by Panjo in reference to Omnious's similar question.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #48
DURASPANK

It's just not worth the trouble
Old 07-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #49
larryd

I'll discuss with Panjo the possibility of running our old classifieds along side of the Panjo marketplace.

With that being said you guys really need to ease up, try out the system before you beat it up so much. When I tested the marketplace the first time I posted an item for sale it asked me for my email address, so long as you use the email address that your user account on newcelica is registered it will link the posting with your account. If you do not use the same email address then you will run into issues. If your email address is not up to date with NewCelica then I urge you to update your profile with the correct email address.

Other than that issue, are there actual problems or just concerns over the change?
Old 07-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #50
larryd

One problem I noticed is it requires putting in a shipping cost when selling an item.

- If you do not want to list a shipping cost then state 0 and then in the information for the listing state + shipping to be calculated. I know when I used to list items for sale I would pick a zip code from California since I'm on the east coast and quote it through UPS for shipping to make sure the amount I list would cover shipping anywhere in the continental states.

Having the above issue when trying to route to Panjo through NC.org44

- If you are still having this issue please PM me with your password and I'll try it from my side under your account to see if it's an issue with your set up or not.

I shouldnt have to sign up on another account to be able to sell 3rd party and then use a separate 3rd party check out to be able to sell on a different 3rd party website.

- You do not have to sign up for any 3rd party site. The first time you create a classifieds ad you need to enter in the same email address you are registered on NewCelica with to link the posting to your account. Once you've entered it once you never have to do so again. Please make sure your email address on NCO is up to date and accurate.

Can you sell multiple items in one thread?

- You'd be better off creating a separate listing for each item though you could create a single part out listing if you wanted. I'll have to put some thought into this one to see how we can accommodate this.

What about posting multiple items with multiple prices? Do I have to make a listing for each one?

- Think of it like Ebay, you would create a single classified post for each item. In doing so people would be able to easily find exactly what they are looking for rather than having to sift through a thread that has a bunch of items for sale.