NewCelica.org Forum banner

Catalytic Replacement

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  2KGTS 
#1 ·
Hello Community!

I´m new on this Forum and wan´t to give you a short summary of my self before I state my question:

Name: Thomas
Car: Celica T23 Wittmann Edition (GT with 6 Speed 143hp)

My Question:
I want to replace my catalytic converter with a straight pipe (I know it´s illegal!). But it seems that I have to craft a special pipe for that. Catalytic input diameter pipe is stock 70mm (~2.75 inch) and the output diameter is 55mm (~ 2.16 inch). I suggest to use a pipe like this:

I don´t now all the diameters for sure (only from a german celica forum)! :/:

I realy want to know which pipes you used for your catalytic replacement - this will be a big help :smoke:

Thank you and best regards,
Thomas

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes we have something like yearly inspection but we can make this at every car-store we wan´t ^^ But for the inspection I have a original exhaust and would replace it.

The cops have never looked under a car in our region since I can think so thats not the problem.

#6 ·
yes I also thought about that, but there is the problem with different diameters in front/bottom of the cat.

I also thought if I just smash a straight pipe trough the cat inside, but I´m afraid that It will sound ugly or "resonating" because of the empty body of the cat around the straight pipe inside...

Nobody have any advice or experience with decat or can tell me how he did this (photos would make a lot easier to understand)

BR

#8 ·
And will stink badly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.