NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

<<< Don't Always Trust iTrader Feedback! >>>

11K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Canon20 
#1 · (Edited)
If you take nothing else away from this message and read only the first paragraph, know this: Even though the seller appears to have a PERFECT or nearly flawless feedback record, that is still NO GUARANTEE you cannot be involved in a fraudulent deal. Always always thoroughly research the member first before sending the payment.

I've taken the time to write this post because I feel it's place here is necessary. Time and time again people make the mistake in trusting the feedback system and let me inform you again that it's not 100% accurate. Most of you reading this are probably thinking "well, what's the point of the whole iTrader (rating) system if it's not accurate?" - Good question. The point of it is to post your experience of the transaction but the problem with our system today is buyers are afraid to give a seller negative feedback BEFORE they receive their item! Therefore sellers with shady business practices looks like a perfect seller hence why it's always good to do research on the seller and actually read the review someone else left about the buyer, before sending the payment. Most of the folks here anyway will make a thread in the Buyer & Seller Feedback when it's negative, and very few will take the time to give the user a positive iTrader rating AND or write a positive note in that section about the seller, and vice-versa.

My personal philosophy, even if it's a deal you can't pass up, is to never buy something from someone with more than one negative feedback. I cannot stress how important it is to do your research first, read the feedback thoroughly, even the comments other people left in the thread shall you run into a seller with 100% positive iTrader rating but a few negative threads about them, even go as far as contacting the buyer who posted the negative feedback to figure out more information. If you think this is allot for you, then that's just a shame but that's absolutely fine, it's your money. I've already warned you. I work hard for my money and earned where I am at today with my lifestyle. Nothing has been given to me on a silver platter I've earned it and I sure as heck don't want it going to a scumbag. I don't want to be the more-than-one-in-a-hundred or less that has been dissatisfied with the transaction. BUT EVEN THEN, you can trust feedback only so far!

Realize that when you buy something online -- even if you use Paypal -- you are basically giving money to some person you don't know. Paypal will only reimburse you so much - and that's only if your case is within their guidelines, so you are on the line for whatever the balance is not to mention it could take months for paypal to get you your money back. I don't know about you, but I will never trust some stranger to ship me something expensive based solely on a positive feedback record that may or may not be legitimate! If they ask you to trust them, ask yourself this: If you replied, "No, trust ME instead...send me the merchandise and I promise I will send you the money when I receive it," do you think they'd go for that? No way! And yet it's the same situation in reverse, right? Keep that in mind before you think about sending money.

Hopefully you find this information useful and use it.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.