Support NCO
Google

Old 05-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #151
Skooter
Pixel Pusher

Send a message via MSN to Skooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by XD Chetty View Post
FalkEn zeix 912: griped way better than the 512 and lasted about 2 years while running canyon few time a month. U do have to break them in a lil bet before u get the best out of it. I ran them pretty hard till the end. And it still grip with very lil tread left.
Wicked, those are the ones I'm considering, thanks for the info.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #152
Steve3212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter View Post
Wicked, those are the ones I'm considering, thanks for the info.
Just purchased them a month ago, not much to say but excellent so far and look good

my only concern with them was that a good amount of reviewers stated the tread life was Poor - Average.

I was actually going to purchase General Exclaim UHPs but they would have taken a couple weeks to bring in.

No regrets yet.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7255/banner4oh.jpg
Steve3212 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:01 AM   #153
Celicasaur
Bring on the 12's...

Goodyear Eagle F1 update:

Truely awesome tyre - I am really impressed. These just get better with age and are wearing down so well!

I'm now down to 6.5/7mm on the front tyres. At this level of wear, I can cut a superb drag launch which can compare to the mighty Toyo R888's.

I've not put the worn-in front tyres on the back of my car (which keeps it firmly planted!) and now I am using semi-slick R888's for the front wheels. If I'm totally honest, the only difference between the two (in terms of straight line dragging off the lights) is that the margin for error is slightly greater on the Toyo's. However if I nail them both to 100% of their capabilities, I am sure the car would get near enough the same 60ft time at a drag strip...who knows for sure, but that's my feeling so far.

FYI the Toyo's are already down by 1 mm after only 3 weeks of use (and 3 weeks of use for my celica, is actually about 6 x 2-3 hours of driving at night)
Goals for 2014:
12's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2way View Post
While your speaking to your clergy about marriage ceremony, see if he does exorcisms.
Celicasaur is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #154
XD Chetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve3212 View Post
Just purchased them a month ago, not much to say but excellent so far and look good

my only concern with them was that a good amount of reviewers stated the tread life was Poor - Average.

I was actually going to purchase General Exclaim UHPs but they would have taken a couple weeks to bring in.

No regrets yet.
Taking care of your tires is the key to making it last longer. i rotate all my tires every 5K so its always even and i check my tire pressure at least once or twice a month. and if there are repairs (patch/alignment) needed i try to do them asap. i keep my tires at 32-35psi all around.

also a good note. ze512 and the ST115 are Single direction tires. which mean you can only rotate front to back or back to front. the ze912 are by directional so you can rotate them what ever way you want. i usually do both back to fronts and the front and i cross them to opposite side in the back.

Bi-Directional Tires
[FL]-[FR]
[RL]-[RR]
TO
[RL]-[RR]
[FR]-[FL]

Single Rotation Tires
[FL]-[FR]
[RL]-[RR]
TO
[RL]-[RR]
[FL]-[FR]

| 2000 Celica GTS | Wings West All Around | 17in Enkei RS7 | Tokico Illumina + H&R | AEM CAI |
XD Chetty is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #155
g00nies

whats up guys, I dont know really know **** about tires and I plan on picking up GT-S rims on the b/s section in the upcomming month, what kind and what size tires do you guys suggest me getting for these 16s? I dont race or anything so these tires would be just for DD.

im looking for a tires with
-longevity
-very low noise
-able to handle lots of potholes, dips, speedbumps etc
-great cornering response
-work great in rain

money is not really an issue so its whatever.

thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 03:41 AM   #156
newbye
Celica GT-S Turbo

I need help with the choice of measurement Tyres. Can you tell me if I put a 225-40-18 tire 18x9, will make a stretch to reduce the diameter.

I say this because the original diameter of the series is 24.1 and 25.1 would be 225-40-18.

Right now, I have 18x8 with 225-35-18 and a bit uncomfortable.
newbye is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #157
Furies

Yokohama S-Drive 235/40

I've had this tire on my 17x8 rims for 5k miles now and am very pleased with these tires so far. First thing i noticed about these tires is they have awesome traction, most notably in the rain. Living in rainy Washington, no ABS brakes, and not so great tires made my car feel somewhat unpredictable in wet conditions. I noticed instant improvement in the rain and even have a hard time "trying" to get my car to lose traction. Theres only 5k miles on them so hopefully they keep these characteristics for most of the tires life.
Furies is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #158
breakablecookie

Send a message via AIM to breakablecookie
Goodyear Eagle GT stock size on my 15 inch gt rims these tires have been great in all weather conditions! for dry I would give them a 8/10 cant squeel my tires going into 2nd gear like I used to! in the wet I would give them a 7/10 great hydroplane resistance. in the snow I would give them a 5/10. Treadlife is great and they are comfy. I would recomend this tire if your looking for a great performing all season tire that works great in the rain and has lots of grip for corners. The tread is cool too about 3/4 of the tire is a copy of the bfg kdw2 and then the other 1/4 which is on the inside of the tire is your basic all season tread

When I got my car it had pirelli P6's and they were CRAP!!! no traction in the wet and snow and I could spin through half of second gear if I hit it wide open throttle
Old 11-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #159
tigress

Alright, I've been trying to make these crappy tires that came iwth my car last as long as possible but I think I'm facing that I'm going to have to pony up the money and buy new tires (it's going to be a bad winter and looking at my tires all but three looked to have degrading rubber on the sidewalls. I'm no expert and maybe I'm overreacting but really the tires should have been replaced when I bought the car, it came with two different sets of tires, the name brand ones on the front and some cheapo no name brand on the back (Champo?)).

So, any suggestions? I'm on a budget so either a tire that is really cheap (long as it will still be good in the rain for 2 years) or one that will last a long time for my money

In order of importance:
1. Good wet weather performance (I live in Seattle)
2. If not really cheap good longetivity
3. Decent snow performance would be nice (it's predicted this winter we'll have a lot of snow for our area)

I mostly commute with my car and I don't really tend to push it (and haven't taken it to any slaloms) so racing performance is not too important, just performance for some one who might push it a little and go a little above speed limit (like average speed of traffic, maybe a little above). I mean my current tires do fine for me in dry weather (but they are really horrid in rain. You have to feather the clutch to get my car to go on an uphill in the rain or else they just skid in place).

I've been looking at Bridgestone RE960AS Pole Position so if anyone has feedback on them or suggestion for another one to look at, that would be great! Thanks.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #160
billicp

I use Pirelli P Zero 205/45/R17 84v There great would not have anything els. the only downside is there about
billicp is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #161
Celica GT Layne

Send a message via AIM to Celica GT Layne Send a message via MSN to Celica GT Layne Send a message via Yahoo to Celica GT Layne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I am glad that you made this thread, I was going to create my own, but this serves a much richer purpose.

Just reviewed the Ziex and they had great claims. A very nice all-season tire. While reading the reviews, one suggested that the Kumho Ecsta AST was similar to the Ziex ZE-512, but a bit more affordable.

Looks like I will go price hunting tomorrow and checking out three wheels: Hankook K106, Falken Ziex ZE-512, and the Kumho Ecsta AST. I might go with the Kumhos though, I really like my Ecsta Supras, even though there is a problem with balancing and tire wear.

I'll post a review once I get new wheels.

i've had on the falken 512's for almost 3 years, very good tire, i'm about to purchase another set of 205/45r16 from discount tire direct thru ebay for a total of $328 for all 4 tires. good deal

FASLANE
Celica GT Layne is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #162
2NDchnceCELI

Any posts in here on BFG G-Force T/A KDW? im about to order them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soo__Fuego View Post
I read .................................. and all I saw where excuses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranmk View Post
otherwise consult the snowplow (aka xBernie) for stance measurements.
2NDchnceCELI is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #163
IntotheBlue

I also could use some that are good in snow, as Atlanta just got hit by the Snowpocalypse. I've been looking over Tirerack, but I'd really love some advice from you lot for tires good for wet/snow as well as dry weather. They're mostly for daily drive, but spirited daily drive Need new tires pretty badly, as she's been sitting dry-docked for about 6 months now.
IntotheBlue is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #164
purpleharo
keep spoolin..

alex those tires are good!! friend had em on his stealth and they handled and looked awesome, xbernie also said they good to 350whp!! go for it!! i still trying to figure out what i should go with, toyo r888, toyo t1r, nitto nt05, or michelin pilot something haha need to hold to 400whp

2005 Infiniti G35 6mt: CCW Classics, GTspec braces, Eibach sways/springs, Koni shocks, spl solid bushings all around, dual vented oil catch can, 3.5" cai, 75mm tb kit, PPE LTHeader, Motordyne XYZ pipe, Tomei Ti catback, CF driveshaft, 310whp osiris uprev tuned!
[B][SIZE="3"]
purpleharo is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #165
kubishta

Send a message via ICQ to kubishta
Hey guys, what size of tires can I put on my stock GT-S wheels? I´ve been using 205/50/16 and I´ve been thinking 205/45/16, would that be OK size? thank you
Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 AM   #166
c3ll
BlackSea edition.

Send a message via ICQ to c3ll Send a message via Skype™ to c3ll
Yokohama Parada Spec. 2 - Bought new, 4 tyres 215/40 R17, Driven them two summers in a row, 4 mountain runs on them, around 30,000 miles on them, half way gone.

The review:
Price: In Europe a set of those with shipping included to my home address costs around 400 euro give or take 30 depending on the store where you buy them. Hard to find in my home country, but common in European Union.
Threadlife: I don't know exactly, but my personal opinion is: fantastic. I drive the celica quite often on mountain/hill climbs, the occasional drag race and spirited on the road. It has lasted 30,000 miles and has around 5mm thread left on it. IMHO that's a great tire.
Performance: I have driven Goodyear Eagle F1's, Toyo PROXES4, Toyo T1-R's and much more, and this tire is by far the best tire for my style of driving. I underline my style, because people and driving habits vary from person to person. For example: If you need a drag street tire the yoko parada is not your tire. But if you like mountain twisty roads, slow tracks, this is the tire to get. I drive the tire mainly in dry weather. And the grip is phenomenal on dry. Wet weather she keeps just as any other tire out there. Don't expect runnin' 10's in the rain tho... Nor to be the the new Nurnburgring champion with it if it rains. But for just driving around it does the job pretty good, even for the occasional stomp on the throttle - it will keep you.
Noise: Noisy. But not unbearable. After the first 3 days you stop hearing it. It has funny way of making noise tho: you can hear it only at 60 km/h, 120 km/h and 160 km/h and only if you maintain this speed. Otherwise it doesn't make a hitch. Could use it as a speed limit notifier And let's face it: the celicas are not the most soundproof cars out there... If you want to hear only the tic-tac of the analogue clock in the dash while doing 200 on the highway go buy a Rolls Royce. The celica is a coupe. It is meant to be noisy. (Mine is EUDM, made in Japan, and has near to nothing sound deadening material OEM).
Summary:
PROs: Great dry handling, Acceptable wet handling, Great threadlife for a sport tire, Acceptable price, Acceptable noise. In numbers [10, 6.5-7, 9.5, 7, 8.5].
So Overall: 8.3
CONs: none. I Simply have no regrets about this tire, and this is my tire of choice for the celica until i find wider wheels because the parada has quite narrow sizes. Wait! Maybe that's a con? That i wouldn't be able to buy this tire if i have 17x8J wheel. Yep. That's it.
[06-05, 03:33] Shizuma: trust me, I'm a mod...
c3ll is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #167
kaizer_soze
Spanning Tree Storm

New Toyo T1-Sport, 225x40x18.
Have them only for 3k miles. The pattern reminds a lot of Continental Sport Contact 3.
I had T1-R 225x35x18.
Well, T1-R was really, really excellent in performance. Threadlife was not good, tho. Anyway I had to change them early because i was tired of bumps and holes.
Now with T1-Sport on 40 profile, we are comfort again. However it seems i have lost in performance. By no means I have the performance I had with T1Rs but i blame it on profile, i am not sure though. On wet it seems satisfactory. Overall, I would say it is a balanced tire concerning performance, threadlife, comfort.
Sometimes I miss my 35s....

03 TS, 7" Kenwood DNX9990 GPS, all LED but low beam with OEM HID & Philips Ultrablue bulbs, 18" Jade-R
OE dynamic "body" kit, all blue led interior, GT28RS, BC coilovers, wilwood BBK, JDM clear taillights, Mahle, Supertech, ACL...
kaizer_soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #168
zzt231 gr
Hardcore N/A

Send a message via MSN to zzt231 gr
^^Both are average performance tires for me...And the SportContact 3 is way overpriced!
zzt231 gr is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #169
kaizer_soze
Spanning Tree Storm

^^^ T1R was satisfactory and had the performance I need. I have travel over 500K miles in my life (celica has 130K miles) and really tested various tires. I also change tires almost every year. Every tire had its cons and pros, nothing was perfect. Toyos have a good balance for their price, if you are not in (street) racing. I am just a more than average fast daily driver without racing. So you have to take into account the price. I get Toyos really cheap in special price for me less than 100 euros each (for 225x40x18). Also, it is important for me the performance on the wet.

03 TS, 7" Kenwood DNX9990 GPS, all LED but low beam with OEM HID & Philips Ultrablue bulbs, 18" Jade-R
OE dynamic "body" kit, all blue led interior, GT28RS, BC coilovers, wilwood BBK, JDM clear taillights, Mahle, Supertech, ACL...
kaizer_soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #170
mustangraptor03

I have the General Exclaim UHPs and I have overall been pleased with them. These are the first set of tires I bought for the Celica on March of 2010. Before that the car had Barum Bravuis tires and those were about gone. I'm typically hard on tires and go through tires in about a year. The only thing I can say about the Exclaim UHPs are they are a bit noisy, however, it's not a big deal because I drown it out with the stereo. Driving with them in the wet was controllable and predictable. I believe I've had them for about 25,000 miles, but it's more of my driving. I'm thinking of going with the Yokohama S.Drives but haven't heard much with them. I was thinking of the Falken 912 but tire life is a concern. I'm currently running 215/45-17 and wondering if running 225/45-17 might be beneficial at all or should I stay with the size I have?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #171
DjSamerA

Hi,

I have Yokohama S drive tires, 205x50x16 and In polish conditions these tires are quite good ! On dry tarmac, when weather is clear its incredible how good feeling I have of car. On Wet ... its acceptable and I can't say nothing bad on this tire.
DjSamerA is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #172
AFMichael
Mr. Carbon Fiber

Falken Ziex ZE-912 ( 215/35/18 )

Price: $464/set

Thread Life: I have driven around 4500~ miles on these tires, both locally and on a long distance trip (Arkansas to Florida), and the threads still look almost new! I am quiet amazed.

Performance: My driving style is mostly on the light side of aggression. Great grip on sharp turns, handles extremely well in dry conditions and quite well when it rains. I cannot review how these handle in the snow/cold weather yet.

Noise: Fairly quiet! On most roads, these are pretty quiet. Only a couple of roads that I drive on often have these made a 'little peep'.

Side Notes: I love these tires and am about to purchased another set for my newer wheels that I ordered today. I am going from 215/35/18 to 215/40/18 since the new wheels are 1.25" wider and the slightly larger sidewall will help with the little stretching. I will recommend these Falken Ziex ZE-912 tires to anyone and everyone!

{the8M6syndicate} - 005

Last edited by AFMichael; 07-16-2011 at 12:28 PM..
AFMichael is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #173
darkshadowceli

Im on my second set of Falken ZE-912 and when i first got the new ones they really grippy. Its been about a year since I've had them but Im thinking about switching to oem gts wheels or some 17's sometime soon. Wondering if I should go with another set of the 912s for the competitive price or look for something else.
What are the tread lives like on the Goodyear Eagle F1 all seasons or BF Goodrich g-force all seasons for the people who have purchased them?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #174
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

Those sets wear pretty evenly across as the life progresses, as long as you rotate like your supposed to.
Falken tires suck unless your getting into their drag slicks.
Cooper, Michelin, and Bridgestone are the best for all season performance, from good to best
Only downside is the f1's are pretty noisy and the g-force dont have really good wet traction.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #175
Soo__Fuego
Ultraviolent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KGTrd View Post
Those sets wear pretty evenly across as the life progresses, as long as you rotate like your supposed to.
Falken tires suck unless your getting into their drag slicks.
Cooper, Michelin, and Bridgestone are the best for all season performance, from good to best
Only downside is the f1's are pretty noisy and the g-force dont have really good wet traction.
They make a drag radial?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #176
GSBoek
Daddy Daycare

I'm testing out my Marshal Matrac TX tires (Marshal is a sub-brand of Kuhmo) in 215/40/R17. I'll let you guys know how they progress. So far I have no complaints (around 5K miles on them). The compound seems harder than the Kuhmo Ecstas I had before so I expect them to last much longer. Grip is decent so far and the tires don't protest too much during hard cornering and braking (unlike the garabage Nankang NS1 I reviewed some time back).

202 CREW ........................... No. 30002
GSBoek is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #177
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soo__Fuego View Post
They make a drag radial?
Yah used as the competition tire for falken in formula drift. Called the Azenis Rt-615K
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...Azenis+RT-615K
Really expensive too. And just like any super soft tire they cup, the wear unevenly, they're noisy, but they grip. It's a dry summer tire no matter what they say
Old 08-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #178
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBoek View Post
I'm testing out my Marshal Matrac TX tires (Marshal is a sub-brand of Kuhmo) in 215/40/R17. I'll let you guys know how they progress. So far I have no complaints (around 5K miles on them). The compound seems harder than the Kuhmo Ecstas I had before so I expect them to last much longer. Grip is decent so far and the tires don't protest too much during hard cornering and braking (unlike the garabage Nankang NS1 I reviewed some time back).
Kumho esctas are garbage also.
They never last so we always had to give prorates under mileage warranties.
They lose traction across the life of the tire, especially below 4/32.
And because of the tread cut they're very noisy.

I've never had a happy customer that ran Nankang's on their car. they always came back later complaining of noise and understeer.
So I warranty swapped them for continental contipro contacts, they covered the difference. And they love the way they run.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #179
Soo__Fuego
Ultraviolent

Quote:
Yah used as the competition tire for falken in formula drift. Called the Azenis Rt-615K
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...Azenis+RT-615K
Really expensive too. And just like any super soft tire they cup, the wear unevenly, they're noisy, but they grip. It's a dry summer tire no matter what they say
I know the RT615K and I know a Celica here locally with two sets of them. Thats not a drag radial.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #180
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

We considered it one at work because its for motorsport use. Weird ways we categorize stuff. but it's definately a track tire whether its drag or time attack.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #181
Soo__Fuego
Ultraviolent

No, drag tires will say drag radial. In none of their advertising will you see Falken say drag radial.

Examples.
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...g-radial-tires
http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-tq
http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/nt05r
http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/nt555r

You do not use these for drifting or road racing.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #182
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

Okay point proven. I just go by the classification we had at discount. I'll be more specific for the people next time lol
Old 08-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #183
GSBoek
Daddy Daycare

Quote:
Kumho esctas are garbage also.
They never last so we always had to give prorates under mileage warranties.
They lose traction across the life of the tire, especially below 4/32.
And because of the tread cut they're very noisy.

I've never had a happy customer that ran Nankang's on their car. they always came back later complaining of noise and understeer.
So I warranty swapped them for continental contipro contacts, they covered the difference. And they love the way they run.
The Ecstas were noisy above 70 km/h (45 mph). These Marshals are noisy around 50-60 km/h but are not so bad above. Wet traction though is pretty bad, probably as bad as the Ecstas.

202 CREW ........................... No. 30002
GSBoek is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #184
ajh1717
Can't touch this.

Quote:
continental contipro contacts
Ran the p5s on my celica before I sold it. Granted, they were a lot, but god dam. I couldn't break the tires loose on a hard turn full throttle if I tried. Some of the best tires I've ever driven on across any car. Road noise was low, handling was epic, great wet/dry traction. All around amazing tires. Getting them again next summer when I get rims.

ajh1717 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #185
kimGT

Send a message via AIM to kimGT
Yokohama Advan Neovas AD07:

Very good dry grip, not super stiff like other comparable performance tires. steering feedback is ok, not as sharp as my dunlop Z1. After about a 1.5 years they served me well, but got really noisy and the rear tires are cupping.

overall: great tires, discontinued now. replaced by the Neova AD08
Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #186
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimGT View Post
the rear tires are cupping
This is from not rotating often enough.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #187
yodaddyguido
Bazinga.

Send a message via AIM to yodaddyguido
Quote:
This is from not rotating often enough.
or from a poor alignment... toe is out, you might be dog tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbby93 View Post
****, i honestly dont know what the **** youre talking about with the food... but thanks for helping me find where to put the jack
yodaddyguido is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #188
AZgts
6k, 6.1k, 6.LIIFFFTTTT!!!

So I am looking at getting a new set of tires. Basically brought it down to two sets...

1) Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport 205/50r16

or

2) Yokohama S Drive 205/50r16

There is only about a $15 different in price for the whole set between the two so thats not a issue. Just wondering what people's experience has been with either of these two sets of tires. Would appreciate both positive and negative reviews

AZgts

/ AEM / Tein / StopTech / TSX / PPE / Trial /
/ TWM / Megan / TRD / YellowBrick / TYC /

2002 Toyota Celica - GT-S 6MT
AZgts is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #189
sfcelicagts

potenza for sure , S drive are noisy
sfcelicagts is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #190
AZgts
6k, 6.1k, 6.LIIFFFTTTT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcelicagts View Post
potenza for sure , S drive are noisy
See thats what I had heard, and read quite a lot of complaints about noise on TireRack.com. Thanks for the input though sf.

/ AEM / Tein / StopTech / TSX / PPE / Trial /
/ TWM / Megan / TRD / YellowBrick / TYC /

2002 Toyota Celica - GT-S 6MT
AZgts is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #191
2KGTrd
Turbo 2zz

Bridgestones are hands down a better tire!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #192
Blue Bomber
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku

Send a message via AIM to Blue Bomber
Finally got my wheels and suspension set up properly. Running on Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec (235/40/17, 255/40/17). One word: ZOMG! This is coming off of Fuzion ZRi (215/40/17, 245/40/17). Even though the front tires are much taller and wider, the exact opposite of what I was expecting happened. Well, besides the more compliant ride (bonus!).

The steering response increased exponentially, along with the improved steering feel (can actually feel the texture of the road now). The wheel is lighter to turn, and the dead spot in the center of the steering is just about gone. I can run at 34psi cold (37/38psi hot), which feels like the ZRis at 40psi cold (at who knows hot). I've heard the tires can feel greasy above 40psi, so I'm trying to stay below that. When I had the tires at 40psi initially, the entire tread didn't make contact with the ground, anyway (visibly lifted at the sides).

All in all, you get what you pay for. Can't wait to see how they do in the rain. :3

Blue Bomber is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #193
jackzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMichael View Post
Falken Ziex ZE-912 ( 215/35/18 )

Price: $464/set

Thread Life: I have driven around 4500~ miles on these tires, both locally and on a long distance trip (Arkansas to Florida), and the threads still look almost new! I am quiet amazed.

Performance: My driving style is mostly on the light side of aggression. Great grip on sharp turns, handles extremely well in dry conditions and quite well when it rains. I cannot review how these handle in the snow/cold weather yet.

Noise: Fairly quiet! On most roads, these are pretty quiet. Only a couple of roads that I drive on often have these made a 'little peep'.

Side Notes: I love these tires and am about to purchased another set for my newer wheels that I ordered today. I am going from 215/35/18 to 215/40/18 since the new wheels are 1.25" wider and the slightly larger sidewall will help with the little stretching. I will recommend these Falken Ziex ZE-912 tires to anyone and everyone!
thanks for the review! you're the reason I decided on getting these next week. I found a wholesaler in so cal for $355/set.

91 Celica All Trac (stock)
00 Celica GT-S (R.I.P.)
jackzero is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #194
bionictony

what's the tread life of the falken ziex 912? my size is 215-45-17 and i've ran them since new for about 20K miles so far. do they last 30K or 40K?
bionictony is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #195
bionictony

looks like i need new tires after 20K miles. i got them 11 months ago. i'm at the bar indicators already. my review for falken ziex 912: treadwear not so good. i rotated and aligned but wears out after 20k miles. i'll need new tires this weekend! my size was 215/45/r17 on 5zgien 17x7 rims.
bionictony is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #196
Stiffler_83

Primewell - Budget type tyre BAD wear fast very noisey anything over 40 and a joke in the wet and not that good in the dry. understeer city 2/10
Falken XE512 These are a relatively cheap tyre but i liked em. Good price and performing tyre 7/10
Avon ZV3 These replaced the Falkens and were a disappointment. wore down quite quickly and not as grippy as the falkens 4/10
Federal SS595 I actually quite liked these. not so good in the wet but sound in the dry, lasted well too 6/10
Firestone sz90 Just ordered a set of 4 so will update. got them on an 87 load and a y speed rating too so should be grippy
Stiffler_83 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #197
Stiffler_83

Continental sport contact 2 Great in the wet or dry but pricey 8/10
Bridgestone RE040 Replaced the conti's and were no where near as good to be honest 5/10
Stiffler_83 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #198
I am Anonymous
The Best User

looking for a set of new tires for my stock 15s. so far its between yokohama avid envigor and goodyear egal gt. im leaning towards the yokohamas. ggoodyear is 78 each yokohama is 76. im in florida so they have to be good in the rain and i like to take corners so they need to be grippy with stiff sidewalls. has anyone tried them?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #199
kimGT

Send a message via AIM to kimGT
Yokohama A048

This is a really great tire when the weather/temp is right. They grip hard and hold it down, I think though often times in the street they cool down too fast (or i don't get them hot enough).

Next tire is Toyo R888.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #200
brianv3ntura
o-NO_oB-x

In4sub

Officially MOLESTED '00 GT (Purchased April '11) - Carbon Blue - 5spd - BFV Removal - Magnaflow Cat - OBX axle back - Resonator Delete - DDM Tuning 6000k HID low - S2000 Antenna - GTS Leather Steering Wheel - Hotchkis sport rear sway
brianv3ntura is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote