NewCelica.org Forum banner

DMV Off-Topic Thread

125K views 1K replies 65 participants last post by  21080 
#1 ·
So ive been on here for a little while and ive never seen a DMV OT thread, i dont really know if there was one and it got closed but i figured i might as well give it a shot.

If there's some rules about this then mod can close.

what do you guys think?

#194 ·
Good GOD!! This morning I went to the Wawa in Bowie to get some gas, and it was like..."oh, there's a nice s15...and another...and oh, a crown, a sti, and a mkIV supra" and the list kept going on...and they were all slammed, and "hellaflush." I should have gotten pics.

anyways, no celicas...seems like we get dogged on a lot :( I felt really underpowered till I noticed one of the s15's wasn't rocking a sr20det

#196 ·
i just watched a foreign samurai movie on netflix and the main samurai heroine was badass and hott!

Anyone heard of her, Haruka Ayase.

movie was Ichii

The movie itself was decent at best and very dragged out, but still...she made it easier to sit through it. :cool:

#197 ·
who here has advice on shipping. i see frank has shipped body kit to that pig in up north. looking to ship an exhaust. have no idea what would be the best or cheapest route. i have heard greyhound but im a newb at shipping. i usually the buyer not seller. thanks for the help dont know who else to ask.

#198 ·
I used greyhound to ship out my kam rear bumper to California. They were the cheapest because UPS wouldn't take it or they would've charged me a pretty penny. I packed it up pretty well too so I could make sure it would get there in the condition that I sent it.

#200 ·
The buyer is only paying you $100 for shipping? I would definitely tell him/her the prices ups and other places are charging and let them figure out which shipping company they want to use. For my bumper I wasn't able to find a box for it but what I did was wrap it in cellophane with bubble wrap and then fully covered it with several cardboard boxes. Afterwards, I added more cellophane wrap onto it to keep the boxes together.

#201 ·
Alright guys, I figure I might as well share this. For those of you who do not know, I totaled the celica last week. Im perfectly fine tho. Sad thing is I wasn't driving fast like I do sometimes. (no one really believes that). I was taking a unique on ramp, it has a slight curve. Anyways, I was driving in the lower part on the left, not in the actual lane, just like I normally do going about 45-50mph (Ive taken this ramp at about 90 before). It had been raining for most the day, so I coulda hit a wet spot, but I think it was some type of oil, b/c oil rises to the surface when it rains. So my rear end slid out from under me a little and felt like the car raised up, so I turned the wheel to the left a little more, causing me to scrape up against the guard rail on the left. ( I had just raised my car up about 2 inches right before I left too). Then I turned the wheel to the right, and I over corrected and sent my car sliding towards the guard rail on the right. Slid right into the beginning of a guardrail and messed up fender rear quarter panel, and my door real bad. Window smashed out and cut my steering wheel a bit. I got lucky and didnt have a scratch. Rear wheel got bent in at the top as well, thats why it totaled.

I was really pissed b/c this past weekend I was supposed to pick up some parts, and trade some parts for other members, and I feel like I let them down. Nothing I can do tho, **** happens. and it sucks my celica days had to end like this.

#222 ·
Aww man Frank, I'm so sorry to hear about this. When I read this it made me sad man because you had one of my favorite celicas. I'm happy that you're okay though because that's the most important part right there!

#204 ·
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#206 ·
I was going to fix it, but I think im done with the car game for right now (Tired of being broke every week.) At least till I finish school, then I might buy another celica, but more than likely Ill get a 350, or a 370z. For right now, Im searching for a sedan of some sort, something I wont put any money into.

Good thing is, my sisters b/f works at a body shop, and a fellow employee is fixing it and his son will be driving it. So ill def be stopping by there to check on it.

#207 ·
Aww well that's good, I would hate to think about your car being in a junk yard somewhere.

You should convince him to make a nc.org account

#216 ·
Woah Woah Woah...I go to Mc in Rockville O_O
... Trd Champ are you one of the people who got a "join newcelica" letter on your windshield...cuz I left notes for 3-4 of the in anyway modded celicas I saw at school.

#218 ·
Nope I definitely haven't see yours yet. Beautiful color thoughRight now the only class I have there is Tuesday nights so that's probably why. I'm only there during the day if I need to use the lab or talk to a counselor.

As for your door lock actuator I bought a used door and paid a guy a knew $50 to swap it out. Look for the guys parting cars out in the forsale section and just buy the part from them. If you have to get new pm AkaRafa. He works at a dealership and gives NC.org members discounts.

Who is your mechanic. I need someone I can trust and who isn't horribly overpriced. I have quite a few things I need to get fixed on my car.

Welcome to the community and hopefully I'll see you around MC!

#219 ·
Thanks although some of my friends originally made fun of me for buying a yellow car lol. Oh, I see; I have classes M-F during the day so that's why you've never seen it haha.

Yeah that sounds like my best bet, I'll try to see if someone has a fully functional passenger side actuator. That would save me a lot of money.

My mechanic has been my family mechanic for a while, he has his own auto shop (not too big, not too small) in Hyattsville (PG County) and he does great work. From my experience he's very trustworthy and his prices are pretty affordable. I had him work on my friend's 350Z as well when his brakes were messed up and he did a good job; I could perhaps get you a discount on the labor too.

Since we have different class schedules we could perhaps meet up around here, I live in Silver Spring too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.