Driving the Celica once again! - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Regional Areas > USA - Northern California

USA - Northern California People from Northern California.

Support NCO
Google

Old 08-20-2018, 05:23 PM   #1
pokgai

Driving the Celica once again!

Damn it's been a long time since I posted here! This place was like my second home back in my teen years, and looking through some of my early posts brought back tons of memories. I still occasionally look through old pics from meets and remembered the good times!

Anyways, I'm back in the Celica after about 9 years, though it's back to stock mechanically. Today, it is my daily driver so I'm just keeping up with maintenance and fixing things that break. It's at 145k miles and still runs great, but has old-car qualities like noisy/harsh ride, little creaks here and there, and no tech. I did add a reverse camera and bluetooth though! This is what it looks like these days:

Throughout college, I slowly detuned the car, getting rid of the wheels, body kit, TRD spoiler, etc, and ran a more subtle setup with just lowering springs, TRD exhaust, intake. After college, I bought a 2007 Subaru Forester XT, returned the Celica to stock and my dad took it over, commuting to work. The Forester was a fun, larger car, and although I never did any power mods, it was pretty quick.

I recently sold the Forester and picked up another gray, AWD wagon, this time a 2017 VW Golf Sportwagen! Although down in power, this car is much more fun to drive than the Forester, as it sits lower and has DSG vs 4sp auto. Though neither feel as nimble/engaging as the Celica -- the wagons are so heavy in comparison, and there's just something about manual transmissions! I've been doing some subtle mods, mostly looks, but will be swapping to a larger GTI turbo soon. This is more of my weekend/family car, as it's bigger and more comfortable than the Celica.

Anyways, for those who remember me, I just thought I'd share what I've been up to (car-wise) over the past decade and a half!

Last edited by pokgai; 08-21-2018 at 10:09 AM..
pokgai is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2018, 09:50 PM   #2
TRlPPlN

Send a message via AIM to TRlPPlN Send a message via Yahoo to TRlPPlN
whats up!!

some people move on and some are sill around. the forum members are now on FB groups I believe. I still go here to check it out. I hope all is good with you. Russ still has his celica but I think a lot of old school norcal folks moved on. As for me, I drive a Tacoma and a hybrid.

{the8M6syndicate} - 004
TRlPPlN is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:42 PM   #3
blackdemon_tt

Welcome back, I don't know a lot of people, but I've been around awhile too, and getting my Celica back up to date.
blackdemon_tt is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #4
pokgai

Memories.. back when it was low and clean!