NewCelica.org Forum banner

My new toy

1K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  RomanTaylor 
#1 ·
2000 Celica GT, manual, 141k.

Needs lower grill and left fog light which I will try to find on the junkyard. :gap:
Other than that it's pretty clean and well taken care off.

The stock stereo suck though, it needs some small sub, maybe 10-12 inch one. Would Scion Tc head unit / amp / sub fit Celica? Or maybe my stock head unit can take a small sub woofer and amp?

See less See more
#2 ·
thats a nice clean engine!, good luck with the car and yes a tc stereo is a straight plug and play. Make sure to use the search button before posting questions :chuckles:

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, and here is a question that I couldn't find an answer for. Did all Celica's came with key less entry & remote from factory or that was an option? I am asking because the car came without remote, and from my search I've found two variations of remotes for my model, one for "dealer installed system" and another for "factory installed system". They looks very similar but does it matter which one to get? Link.

Sorry if this was asked before, I did search - no luck.

#8 ·
Damn that's clean!!!!! Find out if you have a premium sound, because I got a TC radio and it didn't connect because of that... Have fun!

#10 ·
Which remote should I get, anybody?

Here is a close engine shot, sorry for the pics quality, I have 50 buck camera, hopefully getting DSLR soon.

#14 ·
They did detailed the engine I am sure, but the interior is actually not that clean. Floor mats that came with the car are dusty as hell, seats could use some cleaning, dashboard, windows inside. I don't think they've touched interior, that's something I got to clean on my own time.

oh and S2k Antenna plz
I might find it on the junkyard along with other small things lol

#15 ·
Well, let me say welcome to the board since you didn't write an intro thread in the Newbie Zone. :D
Clean car you got there. Whenever you get a chance browse through some of the stickies in the Newbie section.

#19 ·
Well, let me say welcome to the board since you didn't write an intro thread in the Newbie Zone.
Clean car you got there. Whenever you get a chance browse through some of the stickies in the Newbie section.
Thanks you. Yeah, I am digging through newbie zone slowly :D

Keep an eye on the oil level, the 2000's were known for oil consumption problems, other than that, S2k antenna, and lower it please.
Yeah, I am aware of that, so far it's good.
I though about lowering and after market wheels, but would that decrease ride comfort?

#17 ·
DAMN man I bought my 2000 GT with only 79k miles and that thing wasn't nearly as clean as yours. Enjoy the cleanness when I cleaned out my car I found 5 gogert wrappers a pair of rock band drum sticks, a shoe, 3 condom wrappers and a odd rim. But I can complain I got it only for 5.5k =)

#18 ·
Welcome! that celica looks like it has been taken care of pretty well.

Keep an eye on the oil level, the 2000's were known for oil consumption problems, other than that, S2k antenna, and lower it please.

Yes, the Tc radio will fit just fine, you can get them on E-bay between $30-$60 shipped, or www.car-parts.com, you can get them there pretty cheap aswell!

Good luck!

#20 ·
Ordered S2000 Antenna. Ordered LED bulbs for license plate since one of them is out.

Upcoming mods:
Left fog light :gap:
Lower Grill
Clear corners (debating on this one)
Hatch Shocks :gap:
Red vinyl for tails (debating on this one as well)

I called the dealer and they couldn't tell me if my car is equipped with key less entry. I have no remote, so I can't tell. I am also debating on Lower beam HID's. Low beams seems to be "projector type" on Celicas', so HID's would not blind people, or am I wrong?

Also I am waiting for my new camera and tripod to show up so I can get better pictures.

All of that equals to no money left for the gas :gap:

---

I notice that the car is very low on coolant, but what do I use to take the plastic cover off? It has some type of clips.

#21 ·
for the clips that have round button in the middle, you push that button in and then you pull the whole clip out, for round flat ones you pry up the center piece, then take the whole clip out

#25 · (Edited)
Antenna mod

S2000 eBay antenna would not fit, the screw was too short. I had to pull it out a little. I like the result; it looks a lot cleaner than OEM antenna.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.