NewCelica.org Forum banner

Are Nissan Sentra SERs any good?

6K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  marc 
#1 ·
My friend wants to get an 07 Nissan SER Spec V :marky:

Honestly I think these cars look like ****ing **** to begin with :puke:

I guess my question is, are these cars any good??

I've heard a lot of bad things about them, and I want to help him do some research, and so I thought about asking you guys :gap: I'm pretty sure someone in here must know a thing or two about these cars.

So this is what i've heard:

Cars have engine problems (I don't know exactly what they are)
They don't hold their value.
They don't respond well to mods.

So are any of these things true??

Someone help me, help my friend choose a different car :wiggle:

#2 ·
Not sure how big a difference there is between the base model & the SER but the rental I'm driving seems like a reasonable grocery-getter. The CVT was actually better than I had expected.

I'd still recommend the Mazda3 over it though. You can really feel the difference of the proper rear suspension when you take the corners a little quickly.

#7 ·
Ugly

#19 ·
Only cuz no one build up the internals for the SR20DET. They thought it's as easy as popping in an engine from Japan without first building up the engine. It may have low miles, but the amount of distance and banging during shipment and containment....let's see how much our engines last after a few dozen smacks by a sledge hammer.

#13 ·
Damn, so much hate for the Sentra, i'm liking that lol.

****ing ugly car.

Anyways, since Mark posted here, I think that just dose it, they are not good cars
:chuckles:

Now, to convince my friend otherwise....

#24 ·
a friend has a 2002 spec-v. it's pretty nice, 2.5L, header/intake, sway bars. it moves pretty good
but it's not a very pretty car, i think the later years even get worse looking(bland)

#29 ·
MarC!

And what's all this talk about a Mazda 3?! His lady friend already has one, so i'm pretty sure that's out of the question.

Aside from the Celica, what are some cars you guys would suggest he gets with about 10-12k?

#31 ·
i still cant stop laughing at your sig :chuckles:

i mean what were the chances that your pose in the picture would turn out perfect to be put into a cars side window lol

#38 · (Edited)
The topic is cars people
We're being too damn nice. Correction: We've been too damn nice. I say, lets help the individuals who continue to insult other members, no matter what the area (w/the exception of OT where almost anything goes), help them get the permanent ban they so wish. We're Saints compared to the old guard. I guess this is the warning shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.