LOOOONG. My racing history, and how to get out of tickets! USEFUL! - Page 2 - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Celica Discussion > Racing Stories

Racing Stories Sub Forums: Police Stories/Tickets

Support NCO
Google

Old 02-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #51
Boost300zx

Copied, pasted and saved, thx man
Boost300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2003, 11:43 PM   #52
inline4

Wow.. I read the 1st part a few days ago, and just got done reading the ticket part.. great post.
inline4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 01:07 PM   #53
XFactor95SupraT

I'm glad you all got use out of it...I'll try to one down the next version a bit more.

Oh yeah, I drove the 1180miles from Seattle to Santa Barbara in one haul...I got the SHO now for a daily driver. Damn, that thing is a pleasure to drive long distances. fog lights, corner illumination with activation of the turn signal (you know, how Caddy's have that light so you can see whats around the turn as you turn), and the seats! The seats have every adjustable aspect of a normal electric seat only it also has adjustable lumbar support, and adjustable side cushions that you can increase or decrease to get more support on your sides (great for slamming turns). All around leather, Oh yeah, and more storage compartments than you can shake a stick at...good for stashing the stash J/K

I took out countless ricers on the freeway with that thing. Anyway, I'll write a little something about the car later. I'm definately made a believer now...
XFactor95SupraT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2003, 05:49 PM   #54
2000 XYR

A: I didn't read most of that. Maybe some day when I'm really bored I will.

2. I'm just glad no one quoted the entire thing and they put at the end.
2000 XYR is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 02:19 AM   #55
XFactor95SupraT

is that really your plate? Thats pretty cool.

/agree with your quote and comment ...I hate when people do that, especially with MY posts cause then its just ten times longer
Old 02-09-2003, 02:19 AM   #56
Humza

awesome post man. But i don't think that hardly anyone could have as quick wits as you do. the cigar and the soda one were genious.
Humza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 07:25 AM   #57
2000 XYR

Quote:
XFactor95SupraT asked:
is that really your plate? Thats pretty cool.
Which plate was it that you saw? OWN3D U ? I change my sig every week or so when I think of a new one. My real plate is the GOT TORK one. I do have OWN3D U reserved in my name though -- not sure if I want it or not.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:09 AM   #58
XFactor95SupraT

tight...I saw keep the own3d U one...that will be highly covited someday...hell I bet you could sell the rights to that one on Ebay to some little lamer who couldn't think of something else.

I like the GOT TORK one though, classic for a Lightning. Too bad your so far away, I'd like to run you.

Humza: yeah thanks, I don't know if I should be proud of my 31337 bullsh!tting skills or ashamed of them.. Either way, they work, and the cops ALWAYS buy my bullsh!t

da POlice
Old 02-10-2003, 02:25 PM   #59
saiyajinc

Send a message via AIM to saiyajinc Send a message via Yahoo to saiyajinc
BEST POST I'VE EVER READ!!! It was also the longest. I'm afraid to admit this but... I was speeding home one day going 30 over and I get pulled over. I was already riding on one ticket and didn't want my license to get suspended. So, quickly thinking I stuck my finger down my throat and threw up all over my shirt. The cop saw me and decided out of pity to let me go. I know it was SICK, but I had to get out of that ticket. So that's MY sure fire way out of a ticket!!!

AEM intake ---MVP motorsports
Greddy Evo Exhaust ---Titan Motorsports
Tein S-tech ---IP Tuned
KYB AGX --- ???
Power FC ---Smaay
**First Ever** MRS LSD in C60 ---David Drapper
Re-built Tranny ---Speed Source
Shifting Linkage ---Speed Source
South Bend Clutch ---South Bend
Fidanza ---South Bend
Short Shifter ---TWM
Weighted Knob ---TWM
Shift Boot ---RedLine Goods
Kaminari Kit ---CelicaGTizzle
Blue Gauges ---RJ Auto
HID ---Xenon-Shop
saiyajinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 04:15 PM   #60
T|2D_CelicA GTS

need help..i got a speeding ticket recently and on the ticket..it dosent say wut instrument he used to clock me though. He was on the other side of the road going the other way and spun around and pulled me over. Is there anything i can do in court to get outta this mess? thnx
T|2D_CelicA GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 02:33 AM   #61
XFactor95SupraT

well, it SOUNDS like he was either using Radar or Vascar. Bring the ticket to the closest agency of which ever type the citing officer who issued the ticket is from. Make a copy of the ticket before you go, and ask them how he estimated your speed. If for whatever reason he filled out your ticket incorrectly, that is possibly grounds for dismissal.

If he was on the other side of the freeway and using radar, use the distance arguement outlined in this very thread. Radar is around 4 lanes wide at something like 300-500 feet...read it, I can't find my radar training booklet right now.

Tell me more, I can help you. I suggest asking another Cop at the station though what it means.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:09 PM   #62
alphasubzero949

Hey, thanks for the advice on my tickets.

For those who were "paced" (you checked your mirrors often and saw him playing catchup to you the whole time) FIGHT what he guesstimated because he will use what he sees on his speedo while playing catchup. So even if you're doing 65 and he's doing 85 to get up to you, he'll accuse of you of doing 85.
alphasubzero949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 02:08 AM   #63
XFactor95SupraT

well, thats not ENTIRELY accurate, but basically true. They know they are going faster than you, but will usually make a rough estimate of how much speed to subtract...if they don't get enough time to pace you properly. Bring it up in court, but don't expect to just get your case dismissed with merely a single contention. Have a well developed case, written out, fabricate as many doubts as you can upon the situation, thus creating enough doubt in the judge's mind to dismiss your case.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:35 PM   #64
MicaCeli

m Radar? is that mobile radar? I was "paced" for 3/4 of a mile and the cop told me that I was doing 80 mph............I had the Cruize set at 70mph........Cops said that my tach must be wrong.......3k on the car and my tach is wrong Bwaahahahaha......so how do I fight it?

Edit: I also had my G/F in the car, she saw me doing 70.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:37 AM   #65
XFactor95SupraT

you mean your "speedometer" must be wrong...right?

Anyway, yeah, if your girlfriend was in the car with you, one of the strongest points you can ever make in court is with a witness. you could also say "with this car being NEW and all, I wanted to properly break it in, and I haven't yet even had the car past 70mph. I wouldn't dare do anything over 70mph until the car has at LEAST 5000miles on it"

I'd need to know more about your specific experience.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:44 AM   #66
brown eye

I guess you could do all of those things -- or you could not be a total ****nut and take it to the track.

100+ MPH on public roads with a teenage driver is as dumb as it gets.
brown eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 02:21 AM   #67
XFactor95SupraT

another tool who buys into the propaganda fed to him by the media.

So tell me, what is so dangerous exactly about responsible speeding? I'm talking about the kid who watched fast and the furious and used $10grand of inheritence to make a 400HP Civic. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I'm talking about myself, the (not too long ago) teenage driver, graduate of Skip Barber's 3day driving school, average RT in the 20's, with a finely tuned automobile. I don't race 100+ on traffic infested roads...I go out on farm country roads far outside any City Limit, far from any residential area, business area, or even BUILDING for that matter. If someone gets hurt, its me, the person who is WILLINGLY racing me, or maybe a few heads of lettuce.

How about getting REALLY crazy and realizing there arent conveniently located tracks every hundred miles. I race under the safest conditions available to me. I race responsibly, and I respect others when I'm doing it.

Ever wonder why the Autobahn has fewer fatal accidents than any other major highway in any other major country? It's because when your speeding responsibly, nothing else matters but driving. Your not on a cellphone, or worrying about the wife and kids, or shaving, or changing stations on the radio, or any number of things that are more of a cause for concern than speeding. When you drive at those speeds, regardless of your driving skill, adrenaline is pumping, your reaction times are quicker, you tune most everything else out, you become entranced in what you are doing.

I suppose Mr. "I'm a middle aged man, I have an elite M3 (God's gift to the automotive industry), and no one could ever drive half as well as me" is above putting people in danger when YOU speed. I think a better way to phrase your last line would be use "inexperienced driver" for "teenage driver". Because let me tell ya Pops, there are THOUSANDS of teenage drivers at a higher skill level, and are safer on the road that you.

Lets try not to over generalize speeding here. The people who are getting in accidents are going to get into them regardless of speed. They get into accidents because they aren't paying attention (yes I know this isn't ALWAYS the case) or something along those lines.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:51 AM   #68
brown eye

Quote:
How about getting REALLY crazy and realizing there arent conveniently located tracks every hundred miles. I race under the safest conditions available to me. I race responsibly, and I respect others when I'm doing it.
Auto-X then. There is no excuse for driving at those speeds on public roads. None. Children, deer, goats -- anything that is unexpected can result in serious injury and death -- and for what -- the joy of driving fast? No -- in the end you will either mature out of this point of view or end up without a license -- or dead.

Quote:
Ever wonder why the Autobahn has fewer fatal accidents than any other major highway in any other major country? It's because when your speeding responsibly, nothing else matters but driving.
The reality here is there are many factors that go into making roads and high speeds safe -- first among them are driver training and education. Another important factor is experience.

Have you gone through the licensing process in a European country? I have -- and I was also handed my license in the states after a 20 minute drive with an apathetic and bored state worker. It scares me how easy it is for folks to drive in this country.

Quote:
Because let me tell ya Pops, there are THOUSANDS of teenage drivers at a higher skill level, and are safer on the road that you.
No, I don't agree at all. It is not generalizing to say that all teenagers are bad drivers -- because -- they are. Lack of experience and lack of emotional maturity are two factors that do not mesh well. And before you get into the oh well I raced blah blah before I could drive --- no. I was racing motorcycles and karts for years before I could drive -- as well as flying airplanes (you can solo sailplanes at 14 in the States) -- those experiences made me no more prepared for the street. I was a danger to myself and others for at least the first year, probably the first four or five.

Quote:
Lets try not to over generalize speeding here.
Ironic that you would write this after writing:

Quote:
I suppose Mr. "I'm a middle aged man, I have an elite M3 (God's gift to the automotive industry), and no one could ever drive half as well as me" is above putting people in danger when YOU speed. I think a better way to phrase your last line would be use "inexperienced driver" for "teenage driver". Because let me tell ya Pops,
Pot -- Kettle -- Black.

BTW I am neither middle aged, nor do I own an M3, and you can be damn sure I have more track time than you do -- and I can still admit that I am not the safest driver -- although I am older and wiser and a bit safer than I was when I was a teenager....and capable of seeing the ignorance and stupidity of driving at stupid speeds on public roads.

Last edited by brown eye; 02-27-2003 at 08:54 AM..
Old 02-27-2003, 03:27 PM   #69
XFactor95SupraT

children, deer and goats on a road surrounded by 50square miles of agrigultural land at 3am. Yeah. Hey you know what, you should go out and buy a bullet proof helmet, because someone could fire a bullet in the air and it could come down on you. Seriously man, I'm not trying to start anything with you, but we can sit here and talk chaos theory all day long. You shouldn't do a LOT of things because things COULD happen by your rational...try keeping your current frame of mind, and looking at other topics. Should I now not work for a bank because the bank handle funds for a manufacturer of guns that could possibly if put in the wrong hands kill a child? Your saying the face that someone might disagree with you on this topic somehow invalidates everything they have to say? Listen bud, take your head out of the clouds, there are other views than your own.

Now your telling me that your history of driving somehow further invalidates everyone elses? So because you jump off a cliff, everyone else should too, right? You really sound like a self pretentious @sshole...you think that your experiences are the word of God. Let me tell you something buddy, some people can sing, some can't, some can lift sh!t loads of weight without even working out, some can't, some people can drive, and some can't. I'm not saying everyone who speeds is safe, I'm just saying its not the speeding thats dangerous. The guy who kills himself from over correcting @ 100mph+ could more easily kill a couple kids leaning over to change the CD in his car while passing a school bus stop.

As per my generalized comment, it was meant to show you what you were doing. Think about it.

Your nickname says it all "brown eyed starfish" aka anus aka @sshole.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:30 PM   #70
x-factorWRX

Send a message via AIM to x-factorWRX
hahaha, OWNED!!!

05 WR Blue STi
x-factorWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 12:12 PM   #71
brown eye

While I know that I should not respond
Old 02-28-2003, 04:04 PM   #72
XFactor95SupraT

TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR @SSHOLE. THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU! GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK FUKKING SKULL.

Just because you don't have an interest in law doesn't mean that I can't. Man, you seriously need to take your head out of the fukin clouds. You act like you have a fukin PHD in Pyschology coupled with some sort of 6th sense to see and tell anything you wish. I hate to be the one to bust your bubble, but I've been interested in law since I was 13. I've spent 4 years on both Mock Trial and Debate teams. We have three lawyers in the family and two Cops in St. Louis. I've gotten so many tickets that I can;t HELP but learn about law, even if I had not interest in it in the first place.

So do us all a favor, come up with something concrete for once instead of your bull****, arrogant, egotistical antics. It's getting really old. You don't know me buddy, don't act like you do. You are seeking attention to more or less than myself. Believe it or not, sometimes people post things like this for the good of the community and because they are sick and tired of being cited with bull**** violations for things they aren't even guilty of.

Oops, I'm sorry, I forgot, you know everthing about me as well as everyone else on this board. But what you don't know is I don't care about attention, I get enough of that from your woman. <---there is something you can use thats concrete for once, say something like "at least I'm not resorting to posting immature insults etc"...go for it...it will have more substance than any of your other bull****.

I DO however agree with you on the driving skill issue. Stopping distance is also a good point to bring up, because while teenage drivers may not have as much experience day to day commuting as people such as yourself, they have a different kind of experience. I'm not saying teenagers in history haven't had the same interest in speed as modern teenagers do, but the fact of the matter is you can jump on a pair of skates, and skate for 50 years, but if you don't push yourself, your not going to be any better a skater than someone who has only been doing it for 6months, but pushing themselves.

In this day in age, the majority of people I see at Auto Xing events, track racing (not 1/4mile) are teenagers. This isn't to say that I don't see adults or middle aged people out there, but ratio wise, teenagers dominate this sport. You can bring up the tens of thousands of older guys who drag race on 1/4mile strips everywhere, but this type of driving is exclusive to the strip, it doesn't help day to day.

It's also a proven matter of biology, that teenagers as a whole have better reaction times than middle aged people. So, you speak of stopping distance, well, reaction time is a variable that effects the outcome of stopping distance as well.

An inexperienced teenage driver driving at high speeds is no more a risk than your 30year old soccer Mom/Working Dad who has traveled a route tens of thousands of times over the past decade, and doesn't even pay attention to the roads anymore. At least, MOST, inexpereinced teenage drivers are "scared" in a way, hence pay more attention...MOST, not all.

My point about the guns was no more silly or extreme than your "children & goats" just so happening to wander onto an agricultural land road at 2am...which I might add there ARE no children anywhere within MILES of these places we race, and deer/goats...ummm, not around here. Besides, if a kid is out wandering those roads we race on at 2am, they are up to no good, and deserve to die (no I'm not serious). It wasn't my intention to invalidate your point, more to show you that its a bit more extreme than you realize.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your saying the fact that someone might disagree with you on this topic somehow invalidates everything they have to say? Listen bud, take your head out of the clouds, there are other views than your own.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually no I never said that, I think what you are doing here is projecting.
I find this funny, because I really thought I heard you say:

"the end you will either mature out of this point of view or end up without a license -- or dead."

The thing I find most funny about this is your telling me; "either I will mature out of MY point of view"...thus into YOUR point of view, or I will lose my license or die. It sure does sound to me like your saying your opinion is the only valid one...in fact you SAY that either I will share your point of view, or I will die...apparently my own ideas, and those of everyone else are invalid, unless we share your idea. Don't try to back track on me here buddy, I know your game...the only problem is, I'm better at your game than you are.

quote:
Now your telling me that your history of driving somehow further invalidates everyone elses?
Again, words in my mouth.
Hmmmm...words that came OUT of your mouth I think actually;

"I was a danger to myself and others for at least the first year, probably the first four or five."..."It is not generalizing to say that all teenagers are bad drivers -- because -- they are."..."and lack of emotional maturity are two factors that do not mesh well."

You give an example of yourself, and then spread it to all other teenage drivers because you were not a good driver to begin with. You are generalizing everyone based on your own personal experience, thus, trying to invalidate everyone else through your own experiences. And who the fuk are you to gauge the emotial maturity of billions of people you've never met before? Who the fuk do you think you are? You are a FUKIN IDIOT if you think that emotional maturity is based on age, and not experiences. I know DOZENS of middle aged adults who haven't had HALF the things happen to them that I have. Emotional maturity is based off of what you have had happen in your life, and how you go about handling those events...not how many years you've wandered this big rock. You have to be the most arrogant son of a b!tch I've EVER spoken to.

quote:
I'm just saying its not the speeding thats dangerous.
Sure it is. If not simply because of the physics then because of the poorly trained drivers involved.
Ummm, "poorly trained drivers" are not the essence of speeding. You proven my point for me, its the percentage of IDIOTS who speed that makes it dangerous, not the speeding itself. These "poorly trained drivers" are just as dangerous talking on a cell, eating McDonalds, and fighting with 4 kids in the back of the car, as they are speeding.

And lastly, you know what? Your right! I didn't include a separate post for every single city's local government based laws. I am very sorry for not including every single geographically different law...how DARE I do such a thing. You say the best way to not get tickets is not to speed, well believe it or not officers are people too, and can actually make MISTAKES. Not everyone who has been tickets for speeding is actually guilty...you might want to read my post...it's actually quite easy to get a false radar/laser etc reading. And for the 2nd best option, again, thats opinion...a judge respects a person who fights for them self, and presents a well thought out, properly presented case. So, actually, NO, getting a lawyer isn't always the 2nd best option...thats your opinion.

On a more serious note, what do you think is wrong about my post? Which cities do they not apply in. I'm just curious which ones are not wide spread laws.

What do you drive anyway?
Old 03-01-2003, 01:43 PM   #73
brown eye

Quote:
I've spent 4 years on both Mock Trial and Debate teams. We have three lawyers in the family and two Cops in St. Louis. I've gotten so many tickets that I can;t HELP but learn about law, even if I had not interest in it in the first place.
I have a relative who builds bridges, and another who builds off shore rigs. Oddly, I still don
Old 03-01-2003, 05:35 PM   #74
2000 XYR

So does that mean brown eye gets the "longest reply with 100 quotes" award.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:51 AM   #75
XFactor95SupraT

***NEXT ON PAY PER VIEW***
Brown Eyed Starfish vs J95SupraTT

Interviewer: J95SupraTT, how do you plan to win this debate?

J95SupraTT: Well, I plan to show how a stereotypical comment from an arrogant hothead, is not law of the land. Further more, I plan to expose him for what he really is, a dogmatic, arrogant, fool who tries to alter and change what he says to attempt to save face.

Interviewer: I see, and Brown Eye, how do YOU plan to prevail over J95?

Brown Eye: fluff, evade, duck, hide, alter, change, fluff some more, spend time quoting and not defending my obviously dictorial comments. i'm going to try to get everyone to forget the fact that I'm saying they're all wrong if they don't agree with me. I also need to make it a point to show everyone, that since I endangered everyone around me when I was driving for the first 5 years, they all must have the exact same driving habbits, as well as skills as myself when I was an immature kid. Everyone knows that MY driving history is paradigm in this discussion.

Interviewer: Thank y-

Brown Eye: and I drive an M series.

Interviewer: Uhh, yeah thanks.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:08 AM   #76
buckeye23

I found the ticket info quite informative. I haven't had a speeding ticket since 98 - mostly through familiarity of my surroundings - knowing where cops sit, etc... and generally not exceeding the speed limit by more than 10 mph. But hey that's just me.

But I think the most important issue here is safety and while you believe there are ways to "speed responsibly" I find it more responsible to not speed in the first place. When you drive, you have a responsibly to operate your vehicle in a safe and responsible matter. Driving 100 mph on public roads is NOT responsible. I don't care what time it is or where you are at. The simple fact is that you just don't know who or what is going to jump in your path. You just don't know and driving 100 mph for the sake of driving 100 mph is not worth your life or someone else's.

At least at the track there are safety precautions taken to insure that you and the people around you are adequetly protected incase of any mishaps.

Take this as you will. It's just my point of view. I'm in no way attacking you or views, just throwing my opinion into the ring.
buckeye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 06:38 AM   #77
Gareth

dude, if you were ticketed that many times in 4 years and racked up 10 grand in total tickets then you don't deserve to be driving at all. One would think that you would have learned sooner than that much money later. Man that's retarded. You could have put that money to more useful things. I guess that money had to be used to teach you a lesson since you couldn't learn from a $100 lesson. I can't imagine what your insurance must cost.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 04:02 PM   #78
XFactor95SupraT

buckeye23: point taken...I thank you for presenting it in an intelligent, non arrogant way. The fact of the matter is, something can jump in front of you at any speed. Granted, it may very well be slightly more difficult to avoid something at near 100mph than at 60mph, but either way, it's not going to be a pretty picture. As I understand it (from an NHTSB study) you are just as likely to incur serious injuries driving at normal highway speeds (70mph) as you are speeding. If you are going to get shot in the head with either a shotgun, or a 44mag, either way you look at it, your still going to get shot in the head.

You all may not agree with me, you may think me stupid for spending so much money on something you see to be less than intelligent. You simply do not take driving as seriously as myself. Driving means everything to me. No ticket, no amount of money, no pig or judge is going to take driving away from me. I've spent a LOT of money to learn how to drive, and even more money purchasing a car that put me into the back of my 85 Ranger Pickup truck for more than half a year. I chose my car, and gave up house and home. None of you have any idea how much driving means to me. Driving gives me a chance to ignore EVERYTHING else that's happened during the day, and concentrate on one thing, one thing that I enjoy doing more than anything else (sex comes DAMN close, but not quite).

In fact, I don't really care what any of you think about my driving habbits. Until you've actually been IN the car with me, you know nothing. I NEVER touch lane lines, every turn I execute is taken with the best possible line of approach available to me without hitting or going outside any lane restrictions. I do NOT talk on my cellphone when driving, the only time I will even talk to other people in the car is when traffic is low or none. I have saved numerous cars from fishtailing, or losing control more times than I can count.

It all comes down to priorities. Some people snort, some people shoot a needle, some people sky dive, some people have a beer after work, some people smoke pot, some people bungie jump...I drive. It's the single most important thing in my life apart from my girlfriend. My driving means more to me than my car does. On the VERY rare occasion that I actually do TOUCH one of the lane lines, or execute a turn so that I clip the begining of the yellow line, I feel like a complete moron, and it is a VERY long time until I do it again. If something meant to you as much as driving means to me, you would pay the fines as well. While you may not share my same priorities, cars, and driving have given me something I didn't really have before, an outlet.

Thanks to Buckeye for presenting his opinion to me, as just that, his opinion. I can't stand it when people act like your "immature" simply because you don't share their exact same belief system. Just like Christians.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:56 PM   #79
wgaughan

Quote:
Originally posted by XFactor95SupraT
[It all comes down to priorities. Some people snort, some people shoot a needle, some people sky dive, some people have a beer after work, some people smoke pot, some people bungie jump...I drive. It's the single most important thing in my life apart from my girlfriend. My driving means more to me than my car does. On the VERY rare occasion that I actually do TOUCH one of the lane lines, or execute a turn so that I clip the begining of the yellow line, I feel like a complete moron, and it is a VERY long time until I do it again. If something meant to you as much as driving means to me, you would pay the fines as well. While you may not share my same priorities, cars, and driving have given me something I didn't really have before, an outlet.
I agree with you totally XFactor95SupraT. If something such as driving gives you so much enjoyment and driving fast just multiplies that enjoyment i say go for it. As long as you are only putting yourself into danger it is ok. Once other people could be harmed I think a line needs to be drawn. As long as you and the car can handle the speeds nobody should care how fast someone else drives in a secluded area.
wgaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:27 PM   #80
XFactor95SupraT

before other people start jumping on your ass for agreeing with a stigma of society, such as myself, let me just say this.

I am fully aware that there is a CHANCE that something could dart in front of me at any point. But the fact of the matter is, that is no more likely than someone getting shot the moment they exit their house. Does this mean we should all become hermits due to this very distinct possibility of serious bodily injury? No...the joy of going outside exceeds the cost of the CHANCE that you could be shot. Something can dart out in front of your car at ANY time, if your driving 75 or 100 (and don't try to fukin tell me you've never driven 70-85mph before)...the speed isn't going to make a difference. It's just a simple matter of doing a cost/benefit analysis. I know for a FACT that EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this site has seen speeds of 100mph, so don't try taking this moral highground telling me I'm endangering everyone when you are guilty of the exact thing you condem me for.

"Do not call someone a sh!t-talker when you have a mouth full of poo."
Old 03-04-2003, 03:39 AM   #81
CeLuKaGT

I read every word of that, thank you for supplying us with such great info xfactor!
CeLuKaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 11:10 AM   #82
alphasubzero949

Thanks for the help dude. Very informative.

I am working on my TBWD right now for a ticket back in early February. What makes it better is that my court appearance got extended from the end of this month to mid-May (when the declaration is due). Hopefully the officer will forget the details then. Even if he did take notes, he might find it more difficult to refresh his memory unless he remembers my face, especially after having written 150-200 citations a month.

Pacing tickets are the hardest to fight, but still easy to contest if you know how to work other vehicle code provisions in your favor.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:59 AM   #83
XFactor95SupraT

so did this help at all?

And for those of you who do not know, TBWD is "Trial by written declaration"...it is an easy alternative to actually GOING to court and arguing your case in front of a judge against the citing officer. You just make a well written declaration of what happened, and why you think you are innocent etc.

I noticed your from So Cal...maybe we can do a cruise sometime or something. Sometimes I do community service, and I go hunting for "camping cops" waiting to ticket people...I carry a few sheets of BIG cardboard in my trunk and a marker along with a little duct-tape. I write stuff like "Beware of the Cop with Radar gun --------->"

On one of my lunch breaks, I once watched this cop clock every single person who was driving bye. A few domestics went bye, including a Mustang going more than 50mph (this is a 35 zone), then this little Celica GTS comes cruising bye at around 40mph. Way more than 10mph slower than the preceeding stang, but the cop pulled out and gave him a ticket. So I tell my boss "check this out" I went over to the shipping area and got a big ass piece of card board, wrote "Beware of CHiPy PIG with radar gun ahead!", and stuck it on a tree across the street from our building. I then watched, and laughed. Every single car slowed down to look at the sign, some of them even pointed and laughed. Every single person then drove by the cop at like 5mph under the posted limit. Eventually, a VERY frustrated CHP officer comes out from behind some bushes and looks around. He struts on up to my beautiful piece of art work, and shakes his head while he tears it down. About 5 minutes later, he rolled another import, despite the number of domestics cruising bye at MUCH higher speeds. So I went back and did the same thing. I then went back to our 2nd story office to watch and finish my lunch. Again, every single person slowed down, and the cop eventually came back out, looked at the sign, shook his head, walked back to his cruiser, and left.

I then walked across the street and took the sign down. =)

da police
Old 03-04-2003, 01:49 PM   #84
wgaughan

Thats one of the funniest stories i've heard in a long time. Im gonna try that some day.
wgaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:04 PM   #85
alphasubzero949

LMAO...that's classic.

Yup, the advice sure helped. I finalized the declaration.

Check your PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:40 AM   #86
Brandon

Need Help ! (Another victim of speeding)

The info. about speeding very helpful, thanks.

Please check your PM

Brandon
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 11:41 PM   #87
XFactor95SupraT

lol, this is interesting...I am spending more time now responding to people's PM's about tickets than I am posting...

lol, chalk Brandon down as #24 and counting...already have a few unread since him =)
Old 03-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #88
jonny72

supratt, maaan, thats A+++ grade thread and post, my respect !!! even if its not much applicable in my country....I love your approach to the "trash-driver" problem, I thought there is nothing like that in US, I thought you all are just really affraid of them, some my buddys are like "but its fu..ing 100 bux and stuff", and I was like "so what, fight for them".

who the hell was that "brown eye" anus? he sounded like a pig in the court : "speeding is bad, is bad, is bad, is bad.........do you plea guilty ?!"

1 ?: did you get tired to type when you where done with the initial post?

good job
jonny72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 01:06 PM   #89
XFactor95SupraT

I didn;t get tired, I used to do database entry for a long while, I also did voice dictation, so I type around 85wpm. Didn't even take me that long.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:36 PM   #90
gm6

read through the whole thread and it had me glued to the monitor the whole time! Informative and entertaining as well.

"beware of cop" sign is brilliant!! sht I think I'll load up some big cardboard and marker in my trunk too!!
gm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 09:27 AM   #91
MeGaXmAn27

awesome post, thanks for help! im sure it'll come in handy

My Celica
MeGaXmAn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:16 AM   #92
lovemytrx

So is your insurance very high because of your tickets, and it was a very informative post.
lovemytrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 10:39 AM   #93
J3adSeed

where's part 2??
J3adSeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 02:48 AM   #94
XFactor95SupraT

My insurance is ****ing HUGE...WHEN I can get it back, it will be $5900 for a year...and I have to pay up front. This is without ANY DUI's, accidents, insurance claims, etc...ONLY speeding.

Part 2 is currently being written.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:56 PM   #95
x-factorWRX

Send a message via AIM to x-factorWRX
hey SUPRA MAN i finally paid all my tickets.......total was 1,998.00
and got my license back....

05 WR Blue STi
x-factorWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 10:07 AM   #96
XFactor95SupraT

Could I ask a favor of the people I've helped out with these tickets? If I've talked to you over PM's about a ticket of some sort, and you've already sent in your written declaration, or gone to court, please post here and tell me how it went...I really am curious if any of this is doing any good.

I KNOW there has to be someone out there who's used something, I have PM's from more than 50 DIFFERENT users on this board, and I've sent well over 200 replies to ticket people in the past few months...someone give me a testimonial, even if it sucks.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:06 PM   #97
alphasubzero949

I'm still waiting on the outcome of both of the declarations, but I'll tell you what happened in both cases.

To rehash (cliff notes) what happened for each:

#1:
I was taking my gf home 1:45 AM ( Feb 8 ). I got to a fwy transition where the curve made a "U" over the fwy I was merging onto. When I completed the merge, a CHP appeared out of nowhere and followed me for 1.5 miles before pulling me over. Got cited for allegedly doing 80/65 (CVC 22349a). Conditions at the time were never noted (officer only needs to prove I was in excess of 65 MPH under the Max Speed Law, CVC 22349a).

43 hours after ticket #1, I got pulled out of the crowd by CHP and was cited for allegedly going 85/65 (CVC 22349a).

For ticket #1, I filed a 13-page declaration. Two pages was a witness account from my gf. In the declaration I explained, using concepts of curvilinear motion, Newton's Second Law, and the Impulse-Momentum theorem (complete with a diagram), that it would have been impossible to traverse the transition at 80 MPH given the nature of the curve. Considering the officer yelled at me at how I made him "barely keep control" of his patrol car, I challenged his decision to pull me over long after the alleged violation. I also included Mapquest downloads showing the transition (general area) and the location where the traffic stop took place relative to the transition. I also included photographs I took in the daytime while traversing it. Lastly, I realized that the recommended speed for the transition was 45 MPH, but the cop wrote 65 MPH as the prima facie. So I included a copy of the citation in hopes that the officer would perjure his testimony. I later learned that the officer was a rookie.

When I got to court, the clerk was pissed that I had a lot of paperwork, as she had to stamp "Filed" and stick a bar code sticker at the bottom of every page. Mid-way through the stamping she got so agitated she stamped "Filed" across my girlfriend's statement (I hope the judge can read it as the stamp was in black ink as well). I was not advised when the officer would have to turn in his declaration. The bail was $91.

For the second ticket, I wrote a 3 page (single spaced) declaration challenging the officer's method of "pacing" and argued the validity of traveling above 65 MPH using the Basic Speed Law (CVC 22350) and the Minimum Speed Law (CVC 22400) to establish competent evidence as per CVC 22351b (I quoted all three sections).

The clerk did not know what to do with the declaration, as it was supposedly rare to see one. I spent almost an hour waiting at the window while the clerk asked around on how to file it and what to do. I was advised as soon as I handed it in the officer would be contacted and asked to write a declaration due by May 12. Bail was $153.

I received plenty of help both from XFactor95SupraT and the Ticket Assassin. After doing plenty of research on trial by written declarations, as well as getting help on writing a complete and cogent statement of facts, I feel confident enough to challenge any future ticket (I hope not to ever receive one again).

If I am found guilty, I plan on exercising my right to a trial de novo. By the time I get to that trial, so much time would have passed since Feb. 8 and Feb. 9. After writing 150-250 citations/mo. I doubt either officer would remember the exact details of the traffic stop. Even if do lose the second time, there is still an option for fine reduction and/or traffic school.

We'll see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I should know by the end of May at the least.

*Ironically, that very weekend (Feb 8/9), we went on Orange Alert and the CHP was deployed to 12 hour shifts. There was a significant increase in CHP presence. A lot of people I know got tickets that same weekend. I had a clean driving record for about 9 years (since getting a learner's permit at 15 1/2) until that weekend. I never changed my driving habits, but now I have to drive like an old lady, which is hard to do in Southern California.

Last edited by alphasubzero949; 04-13-2003 at 11:12 PM..
Old 04-29-2003, 06:54 AM   #98
uansari

Yo XFactor95SupraTT and Alphasubzero...

Check your PM's...I need help with a ticket

Usman
Old 04-29-2003, 05:55 PM   #99
Smokey11

That was very informative. Thanks for taking the time supra..
Smokey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:01 AM   #100
lv_boy

Send a message via MSN to lv_boy Send a message via Yahoo to lv_boy
Your post is off the hook

Specialy loved the stories about u, getting urself out of tickets. Ur a real class act...Mad Props to you....awesome preseance of mind....Thanks for all the info about how cops use their ammunition against peaceful citizens like us.

---------------------------------------------------
2001 Toyota Celica GT-S Modded <-- SOLD
2007 Mazda CX-7 AWD GT
2007 BMW Z4 M Roadster
2000 Honda CBR F4
lv_boy is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery Reply With Quote