Pave high *resolved* - NewCelica.org Forum

Install Guides Parts Catalog Gallery Tech Info

Go Back   NewCelica.org Forum > Classifieds > Buyer & Seller Feedback

Buyer & Seller Feedback Rate Buyers/Sellers Here.

Support NCO
Google
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
johny123456

Pave high *resolved*

I bought a tsunami rear bumper and two tsunami side skirts from him. After a ton of messages about shipping we made a deal.
And i have found a shippingcompany for shipping.
Now i am waiting for him to finish the box.

Its bin two weeks i got his last message. I sent him a couple of messages but no respons.

Is here someone that knows him and can mayby contact him for me?

I really want the items i bought.
johny123456 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #2
blkcelica01

Hmm doesn't sound good. Did you already send him payment for the items?
blkcelica01 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Old 12-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #3
johny123456

Yes i did. I read a couple of messages but no one had any trouble. So i assumd it was good.

He told me that he needed the money so he could buy replacement parts.

After payment he sent me messages for pick-up date and when that date has come i sent him a message to ask if it was ready. Then i got a message back that he had trouble making the box and that he needs more time.
This was until two weeks ago.

Sins then it has bin quiet.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #4
Pave High
(..+

I've offered a refund about 3 times. On you if you don't want it... I've attempted a box for the items twice with no success while also losing over a hundred dollars into packing supplies
Old 12-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #5
Pave High
(..+

I'm sorry you want the items but after you hounding me for months and constantly talking down my asking price I finally caved and took the project on. Bit off way more than I could chew. Sorry you want the parts but the best I can offer is your full refund. Per forum rules. Sorry to have caused you grief.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #6
Pave High
(..+

The buyer and i are in communication and working out the issue.

I will continue to post updates as they develop
Old 02-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #7
johny123456

Still haven't got my parts.
Im very patience and he told me he only had to wrap the parts together and then they where ready for sending. This was on 25 januari.
I have had contact through Facebook but now i can't sent anymore messages and can't find his profile. I also sent him a pm through here but still nothing.

Because the shipping materials where a bit more expencive then he thought i even payed him 50/50 of the costs.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:40 AM   #8
johny123456

I just found out he blocked me at Facebook.
Through another account i can find him.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:09 PM   #9
Celi0090

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny123456 View Post
I don't know the situation here fully, but assuming your side of the story is correct: that's bad business ethic. What were the specific agreements though? I see that Pave High has tried to offer you a full refund.
Celi0090 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Old 02-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #10
johny123456

He would make a box for shipping. That was a problem because the side skirts where to long. So i ask the shippingcompany for a selution they come up with just wrapping it with bubblewrap.
So i told him the solution and he agreed. That was begin januari. He needed time to wrap it so i gave that to him. He told me it will be ready on 27 januari. After the date heard nothing.

He did offer me a refund but after saying he was the only one that had the parts i want and saying i dont mind paying more he still wanted to ship. After hearing a while nothing i opent a PayPal refund because i was done he contacted with me saying he was bisy. I let the paypal request stand and after two weeks it was denied

Now i wanted to open a new request and the email i had doesnt exist anymore
Old 02-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #11
Celi0090

Quote:
He would make a box for shipping. That was a problem because the side skirts where to long. So i ask the shippingcompany for a selution they come up with just wrapping it with bubblewrap.
So i told him the solution and he agreed. That was begin januari. He needed time to wrap it so i gave that to him. He told me it will be ready on 27 januari. After the date heard nothing.

He did offer me a refund but after saying he was the only one that had the parts i want and saying i dont mind paying more he still wanted to ship. After hearing a while nothing i opent a PayPal refund because i was done he contacted with me saying he was bisy. I let the paypal request stand and after two weeks it was denied

Now i wanted to open a new request and the email i had doesnt exist anymore
So in other words, he gave you run-arounds of shipping dates and excuses about wrapping? I know side skirts are not the easiest to ship, but common sense should have dictated here. If he was having trouble shipping such a large item, he should have told you. Now if he was hesitant on shipping and you kept on insisting, you pressured him into doing something he probably regrets(assuming he's lost as much money as he said he did). I do want to hear his side though.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:26 PM   #12
johny123456

He couldn't make the box that big so i ask the shippingcompany for another way.

They come up with the way he wanted to ship in the first way. Alot easier for him.

Yes i got alot of shipping dates.

Because the package failed at first and cost hij i told him i would pay half of the costs he made. At first he didnt want it.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:37 PM   #13
Celi0090

Quote:
He couldn't make the box that big so i ask the shippingcompany for another way.

They come up with the way he wanted to ship in the first way. Alot easier for him.

Yes i got alot of shipping dates.

Because the package failed at first and cost hij i told him i would pay half of the costs he made. At first he didnt want it.
How could he not source a box for side skirts? I know it's rather tricky, but if you know that you have to ship large items, give your buyer a heads up regarding time. Also, keep in mind how many times you asked him about this. You get desperate when you want your items, I know. Why did he block you though? Simply because you asked for your shipment status?
Old 02-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #14
johny123456

I bought the bumper and side skirts in oktober. I think i gave him enough time.

Yes i sent him messages about if they where ready. Most of the time it was after a shipping date he gave me. Dont blame me for wanting to know about my items
Old 02-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #15
Andreezy

Sounds pretty shady. He's active on the Facebook nc.org page though, should maybe post on there if you want him to respond.
Andreezy is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Old 02-10-2016, 01:28 AM   #16
Omnious
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis

Quote:
Still haven't got my parts.
Im very patience and he told me he only had to wrap the parts together and then they where ready for sending. This was on 25 januari.
I have had contact through Facebook but now i can't sent anymore messages and can't find his profile. I also sent him a pm through here but still nothing.

Because the shipping materials where a bit more expencive then he thought i even payed him 50/50 of the costs.
Quote:
Is that so?

I'll call him to attention.

"Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that has been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye."
Omnious is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Old 02-10-2016, 09:12 AM   #17
Omnious

johny123456: I've been informed that you are still refusing a refund for your purchase, despite many requests from the seller. At this point, it is pointless to insist on getting parts that can't or won't be shipped to you.

Why are you being so insistent? You can't force a seller to send you parts if he doesn't want your money anymore. Take the refund and move on.

"Sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that has been rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye."
Old 02-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #18
xlela

Yes. It's pointless. If seller don't want to send you parts and offer refund nothing you can do about it. I learned this in Japukspares case. But with all my respect IT IS WRONG! If seller acsept payment he must send parts This is my opinion.
xlela is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Old 02-10-2016, 10:24 AM   #19
Celi0090

I did see in the previous posts that he offered you a full refund. You are being persistent in not accepting it. Sometimes the seller no longer has the item or no longer wants to sell to you. You can't force him to ship, just take the refund and rate your experience with this transaction.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:33 AM   #20
johny123456

So now im the bad guy.
I did sent him a through PayPal a request for a refund begin of januari. He refust it and sent me that hé didnt got my messages and that he will prepare the parts for shipping. I also got on januari the 25 pictures of the parts ready for shipping. He only needed to his words "combine and we are golden"
After that message i heard nothing so i wanted to sent another refund request but the PayPal account was not reconised by PayPal. So I assumt it was delete.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #21
johny123456

And then i found out that he has blocked me. Al i want now is my money back
Old 02-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #22
johny123456

Old 02-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #23
Omnious

Quote:
So now im the bad guy.
I did sent him a through PayPal a request for a refund begin of januari. He refust it and sent me that hé didnt got my messages and that he will prepare the parts for shipping. I also got on januari the 25 pictures of the parts ready for shipping. He only needed to his words "combine and we are golden"
After that message i heard nothing so i wanted to sent another refund request but the PayPal account was not reconised by PayPal. So I assumt it was delete.

There's no bad or good guy in this situation. The deal didn't work out, and that's certainly disappointing for you. Yes, it's typically bad seller etiquette to promise a part, receive payment and then not follow through, but if he fully refunds you, there's nothing really that can be forced on either party.

Now this issue about a non-recognized PayPal account is worrying, but since you are publicly stating that you want a refund now, Pave High should just follow suit and there should be no more issue here.

Send him your PayPal account and let's see if he completes his side of the deal.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:05 AM   #24
johny123456

How can i do that.
He blocked me at Facebook
Old 02-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #25
Omnious

Quote:
How can i do that.
He blocked me at Facebook
PM him here...

Old 02-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #26
johny123456

Just did but don't have alot of hope he will read it
Old 02-10-2016, 11:18 AM   #27
Omnious

Quote:
Just did but don't have alot of hope he will read it
He just told me he'll do it now.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #28
johny123456

Got an answer that he sent it

Will let know if it is in my acount
Old 02-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #29
johny123456

PayPal should transfer it right away if im right but still has nothing.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:51 PM   #30
Omnious

Quote:
PayPal should transfer it right away if im right but still has nothing.
Not if the funds aren't readily available in his PayPal account. Give it a few hours.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:18 PM   #31
johny123456

Still nothing
Old 02-11-2016, 08:09 AM   #32
johny123456

I still don't have my money back
Old 02-11-2016, 08:16 AM   #33
Omnious

Quote:
I still don't have my money back
I sent him another PM.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #34
johny123456

Did he replied?
Old 02-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #35
Omnious

He hasn't logged in since he last said he would refund you.

Don't forget that you can still ask PayPal to look into your transaction with him. If you haven't sent him money as a gift, you should still have time to make a claim.
Also, ask your credit card if they can reverse the charge, if that's how you paid him.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:41 AM   #36
johny123456

Just opened a claim at PayPal
Old 02-14-2016, 06:58 AM   #37
Celi0090

Quote:
Just opened a claim at PayPal
Good luck man, I'm sure this has been a nightmare for both parties. Please update if you get your money back.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #38
Omnious

Any news? Shame it has come to this.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:02 AM   #39
johny123456

No not yet. Still havent got my money.
PayPal has given him till 24 feb to response. Then they will look into it
Old 02-18-2016, 07:08 AM   #40
Omnious

The fact that he is staying mute about this, after telling me and you that he would send a refund, is starting to show his real colors.

I will add him to the shady seller's list if he doesn't come around soon...

Old 02-24-2016, 12:43 PM   #41
Celi0090

Any response?
Old 02-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #42
Omnious

I sent Pave High a "final" PM yesterday. Even if PayPal forces him to make a refund, he'll still get the shady seller status, unless he turns around and does the right thing.

Unfortunately, it seems he's going the way of Japukspares and others regular members who just decided to throw away their reputation before running away from the forum like cowards.

Bodes well for his precious Facebook Celica community, right?

Old 02-24-2016, 04:27 PM   #43
Celi0090

It's unfortunate when this happens, especially when it's from a member with a good reputation. It doesn't matter whether the transaction with the buyer was extremely horrid, just refund their money and move on with life. Avoid that buyer(becausr yes, buyers can also be blacklisted) and keep your reputation.

I hope this works out.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:46 AM   #44
johny123456

I still havent got it back.
Havent heard from him and still waiting on PayPal.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:45 PM   #45
Omnious

Quote:
I still havent got it back.
Havent heard from him and still waiting on PayPal.
If he doesn't answer the PayPal dispute, they will simply take the money back, so I find it incredibly stupid of him to ignore this simple and unavoidable process.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #46
Omnious

I just got a message from Pave High saying that the refund is complete. Johny123456, please confirm.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:13 PM   #47
johny123456

Just checked my account and it still nothing

Can he sent me a picture of the transacties?
Old 02-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #48
ucfbaseball24

Just to add my $.02, shipping a bumper/body kit is a lot harder than most people think. I've shipped out quite a few and a single bumper or single pair of side skirts is fairly easy to ship within the US using greyhound. However, shipping overseas is an entirely different beast. Also, making a box to fit a bumper and side skirts is ridiculous.

I shipped out a full VS kit and between bubble wrap, adhesive, cardboard, tape etc. I spent well over $100. I also had a box that measured 84" x 40" x 40" constructed out of 30 smaller boxes. It took me roughly 10-12 hours to make over the course of 2 weeks. Then after all that, you have to find a way to transport it to whoever is shipping it (not many people have access to a vehicle that will carry this).

It's a very time consuming process and can be very overwhelming if you've never done it before. It seems that he didn't quite understand all the time and money needed to ship them to you and just wanted to refund you the money. Then you pushed a little and he decided to give in (which he shouldn't have b/c it just pushed him further into the hole) and we ended up here.

Another problem that you run into with this kind of transaction is that when it happens, people usually transfer the money to their bank account and it ends up getting spent assuming you'll ship the parts out. Then, a few weeks down the road you find out it's going to be difficult but you've already spent the money so you try to make it work whichever way you can. Then a few months down the road the buyer wants a refund but it's been 4 months since you received payment and not many people have $1000 (assuming that was close to the price including shipping) just laying around to give back to you.

2000 GT 1D0 (My baby)                   2006 TC 040 (Fiance's baby)
ucfbaseball24 is offline   View this Members' Photo Gallery
Old 02-27-2016, 10:07 AM   #49
Omnious

Quote:
Just checked my account and it still nothing

Can he sent me a picture of the transacties?
Ask him, or PayPal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfbaseball24 View Post
Just to add my $.02, shipping a bumper/body kit is a lot harder than most people think. I've shipped out quite a few and a single bumper or single pair of side skirts is fairly easy to ship within the US using greyhound. However, shipping overseas is an entirely different beast. Also, making a box to fit a bumper and side skirts is ridiculous.

I shipped out a full VS kit and between bubble wrap, adhesive, cardboard, tape etc. I spent well over $100. I also had a box that measured 84" x 40" x 40" constructed out of 30 smaller boxes. It took me roughly 10-12 hours to make over the course of 2 weeks. Then after all that, you have to find a way to transport it to whoever is shipping it (not many people have access to a vehicle that will carry this).

It's a very time consuming process and can be very overwhelming if you've never done it before. It seems that he didn't quite understand all the time and money needed to ship them to you and just wanted to refund you the money. Then you pushed a little and he decided to give in (which he shouldn't have b/c it just pushed him further into the hole) and we ended up here.

Another problem that you run into with this kind of transaction is that when it happens, people usually transfer the money to their bank account and it ends up getting spent assuming you'll ship the parts out. Then, a few weeks down the road you find out it's going to be difficult but you've already spent the money so you try to make it work whichever way you can. Then a few months down the road the buyer wants a refund but it's been 4 months since you received payment and not many people have $1000 (assuming that was close to the price including shipping) just laying around to give back to you.

That's all fine and dandy, but it's still the seller's responsibility to ensure that he takes into account the costs of shipping large items BEFORE he sells them, and to make sure the funds paid are available in case a refund situation occurs.

They should also establish any selling conditions (no refunds, no responsibility depending on the shipping method chosen by the buyer, etc...) with the buyer prior to taking their money.

I have no pity for sellers who can't manage their shit around items that are sold to other members, and thus no longer their property. If you've sold a part, you should treat it with respect and due diligence for your client.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #50
johny123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfbaseball24 View Post

I never payed him for shipping. I had a company ready for shipping i would have payed them. Al he needed to do was pack it so it was ready for shipping. He also didn't have to bring them anywhere because the shippingcompany would have come to the location he gave me for pick-up.

So that would not have been a problem

At the last point he didn't even had to make a box because he could wrap it in bubble wrap. I ask the shippingcompany if that was good and they sayed it was good enough for shipping
Closed Thread